nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron630 View Post
Recently i have purchased new house in Texas but i have no idea what type of materiel and window are suitable for my house so suggest me guys....????
Thanx
PVC windows have become the window of choice over the past 30 or 40 years because they're pretty well maintenance free. You may still need to do some caulking, but you won't need to paint the windows. In your climate, I would opt for double glazed sealed units in the windows and I'd probably spend the little bit of extra money on a low-e coating and argon filled sealed units.

Stay as far as you can away from fiberglass windows and doors. The companies making them advertise how strong fiberglass is, but they're missing the point entirely. Fiberglass, unlike wood or even PVC, won't hold a screw well. Every time you put a screw in fiberglass, you break the glass fibers and enlarge the screw hole. It's just not a suitable material to make windows out of.

Where I live, triple glazing the the standard, but the extra pane of glass becomes less and less necessary as you go further south. (But, you wouldn't be wasting your money buying triple glazed sealed units because they will also save on your air conditioning costs in summer.)

Last edited by nestork : February 13th 13 at 05:35 PM