Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any other multi-tool attachments like the Ridgid JobMax?

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...2077ee_300.jpg

I'm mainly interested in the drill-driver attachment. Apparently
it includes a speed reduction gearbox and the right angle gear.

Are there any other tools like that? Or anything else similar?

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 04:31:16 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...2077ee_300.jpg

I'm mainly interested in the drill-driver attachment. Apparently
it includes a speed reduction gearbox and the right angle gear.

Are there any other tools like that? Or anything else similar?

Thanks.

Yes. Plenty of drill attachments for right angle drilling.

Using a variable speed drill is better so to handle the gear speed.

Not sure why you need an attachment specifically for gear reduction.

http://media.toolking.com/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x600/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/i/milwaukee_3107-6_03.jpg

.... just sayin'
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren Oren 127.0.0.1 wrote:

John Doe jdoe usenetlove.invalid wrote:

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...2077ee_300.jpg

I'm mainly interested in the drill-driver attachment. Apparently
it includes a speed reduction gearbox and the right angle gear.

Are there any other tools like that? Or anything else similar?

Not sure why you need an attachment specifically for gear reduction.

Because I'm using them for my long-term project, push sticks for
inline skating. I'm working on a gas (grass trimmer) powered
version, my previous electric versions are shown here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per John Doe:
Because I'm using them for my long-term project, push sticks for
inline skating. I'm working on a gas (grass trimmer) powered
version, my previous electric versions are shown here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/

What is the make/model of the red 5.5 AH battery?
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

"(PeteCresswell)" x y.Invalid wrote:

Per John Doe:

Because I'm using them for my long-term project, push sticks for
inline skating. I'm working on a gas (grass trimmer) powered
version, my previous electric versions are shown here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/

What is the make/model of the red 5.5 AH battery?

It came from a Chinese made Toro grass trimmer. And it lasted for
about 15 minutes. Currently, I don't know any more than the
information on their website, if they still sell it.

Cost is the problem with electric, and that's why I'm trying gas. I
suppose it's similar to electric cars. It's pushing battery capacity
for the application. If I could afford hundreds for a battery, it
might work as well as gas (assuming gas works well enough power-wise,
hopefully I'll find out soon).

Posted to alt.home.repair

John Doe wrote:
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...2077ee_300.jpg

I'm mainly interested in the drill-driver attachment. Apparently
it includes a speed reduction gearbox and the right angle gear.

Are there any other tools like that? Or anything else similar?

Is this what you're looking for?

See page 3: Meglinating Variable Intensity Multifunction Power Tool (just
below the carpenter's dreidel):

- Untranking concrete hex finials
- Retranking floating lug grout
- Anomorgling deck shims
- Torquening slotted camshanks
- Synchrofusing synthetic toggle bearings
- Removing ear wax
http://hooniverse.com/2012/09/24/tru...fraught-tools/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per John Doe:

Cost is the problem with electric, and that's why I'm trying gas. I
suppose it's similar to electric cars. It's pushing battery capacity
for the application. If I could afford hundreds for a battery, it
might work as well as gas (assuming gas works well enough power-wise,
hopefully I'll find out soon).

That's the conclusion I've come around to after fooling around
with electric bikes for a few years. The energy density
weight-wise of batteries is still poor compared to gasoline and
the cost per mile is almost as bad.

I've been using couple of DeWalt 36v batteries, but all I need
the electric assist for is to avoid mouth breathing below a
certain temperature. That means little use... I get almost 10
miles per AH. OTOH, if I were to ride 100% electric they'd be
drained in a few miles.

IIRC, the improvement from lead-acid to lithium batteries
weight-wise is a factor of 5-7.

There's supposedly something in the pipeline that will give a
similar improvement factor over lithium. At that point,
electric bikes might become a lot more realistic if it doesn't
cost too much. OTOH there are so ebikes in use in China - even
with lead-acid - that the government considers them tb an
environmental problem....

I still can't get it out of my head that when I was a kid I used
to ride my Sears-And-Roebuck 50cc moped from West of Philadelphia
to Ocean City on about a gallon of gas...
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per HeyBub:
http://hooniverse.com/2012/09/24/tru...fraught-tools/

Geeze... I didn't know Mad Magazine was still being published.

IMHO William Gaines should have been designated as a national
treasure.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Moped Memories

Do I remember, the early ones actuallly had pedals, for up hill,and to make
the fuel last longer?

When I was closing at McDonalds one night, 1983, about zero dark thirty. The
manager came up to me and said "there are two people on motor cycles outside
the drive through window and they are asking for you by name." I nearly died
of fear, at that moment. She further said I could go talk to them, but not
open the window. I agreed.

They turned out to be two people I knew, and they were on no-pedal mopeds.
The man had gassed up but neglected to add the two cycle oil to the little
tank under the seat. The piston locked up, and they had been walking. His
moped was dead, but hers still ran.

She noticed my car out front, and they went to the drive up window. I
assured them I'd be out at the end of my shift. And assured the manager they
would be no trouble. I worked on the moped for a while, and realized it was
beyond my skills to fix in the parking lot at 2 Am. I ended up taking her
home in my car, with the moped roped on top the trunk. He drove the other
moped, and arrived shortly after that. Next day, he walked the moped to the
sales and repair shop, they freed it up for him.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

I still can't get it out of my head that when I was
a kid I used to ride my Sears-And-Roebuck 50cc
moped from West of Philadelphia to Ocean City
on about a gallon of gas...
--
Pete Cresswell

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 13:35:02 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Do I remember, the early ones actuallly had pedals, for up hill,and to make
the fuel last longer?

To be a "moped" it HAD to have pedals. You had to pedal to start it.

When I was closing at McDonalds one night, 1983, about zero dark thirty. The
manager came up to me and said "there are two people on motor cycles outside
the drive through window and they are asking for you by name." I nearly died
of fear, at that moment. She further said I could go talk to them, but not
open the window. I agreed.

They turned out to be two people I knew, and they were on no-pedal mopeds.
The man had gassed up but neglected to add the two cycle oil to the little
tank under the seat. The piston locked up, and they had been walking. His
moped was dead, but hers still ran.

If they had no pedals they were motorcycles or motor scooters - mopeds
all had pedals. There were moped-like "step through" motorcycles with
engines of more than 49cc displacement - usually good for more than 27
MPH that required registration, drivers licence, and insurance.

49cc and less, with pedals and limited speed were classified as
mopeds and in many countries did not require a motorcycle licence -
registration, or insurance.

Here in Ontario you needed a driver's licence, but not a motorcycle
licence - and registration (lifetime plate, at least at one point) and
insurance. My last one was a Honda PA50

She noticed my car out front, and they went to the drive up window. I
assured them I'd be out at the end of my shift. And assured the manager they
would be no trouble. I worked on the moped for a while, and realized it was
beyond my skills to fix in the parking lot at 2 Am. I ended up taking her
home in my car, with the moped roped on top the trunk. He drove the other
moped, and arrived shortly after that. Next day, he walked the moped to the
sales and repair shop, they freed it up for him.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
.. .

I still can't get it out of my head that when I was
a kid I used to ride my Sears-And-Roebuck 50cc
moped from West of Philadelphia to Ocean City
on about a gallon of gas...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Stormin Mormon:
Do I remember, the early ones actuallly had pedals, for up hill,and to make
the fuel last longer?

Mine had pedals. I guess the rational was for hills and
economy, but the whole package was so heavy and the power
transmission train so inefficient that pedaling was not realistic
IMHO.

OTOH, there were mopeds where the engine was simply hung above
the front wheel of an ordinary bicycle and drove it via a rubber
roller. You flipped a lever that raised the motor, and you were
back to a plain ordinary bicycle albeit with a little extra
weight up front. I think somebody was selling such add-ons in
the USA as "Chicken Power"... i.e. the motor was rated at one
chickenpower.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per Stormin Mormon:
Do I remember, the early ones actuallly had pedals, for up hill,and to
make
the fuel last longer?

Mine had pedals. I guess the rational was for hills and
economy, but the whole package was so heavy and the power
transmission train so inefficient that pedaling was not realistic
IMHO.

OTOH, there were mopeds where the engine was simply hung above
the front wheel of an ordinary bicycle and drove it via a rubber
roller. You flipped a lever that raised the motor, and you were
back to a plain ordinary bicycle albeit with a little extra
weight up front. I think somebody was selling such add-ons in
the USA as "Chicken Power"... i.e. the motor was rated at one
chickenpower.

First moped I rode was the classic Velo-Solex with the motor over the front
wheel.
Lots of fun, and really got you places..

Posted to alt.home.repair

With so many off-topic threads in these groups,
isn't there a better place for this...

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've been using couple of DeWalt 36v batteries, but all I need
the electric assist for is to avoid mouth breathing below a
certain temperature.

FWIW...

When I skate in the cold, I use one of those ultralight paper dust
masks. Doesn't look good, but it helps to protect my lungs.

Converting a Dremel 10.8 V rotary tool to use Bosch 10.8/12 Vbatteries - 2 attachments Snag[_3_] Metalworking 1 November 16th 11 03:27 PM
HF Multi-tool Lobby Dosser[_3_] Woodworking 0 July 11th 10 03:09 AM
Multi-tool Mk. I DGDevin Woodworking 3 January 30th 10 09:18 PM
Curious Ridgid Power Tool Warranty JimR Woodworking 41 June 14th 06 05:42 PM
The New Ridgid power tool Warranty Leon Woodworking 0 November 3rd 03 07:27 PM