Posted to alt.home.repair

Default plastic shelf-support male-part broke, wedged down in hole. How remove?

Fancy expensive kitchen cabinet; shelves supported by cheap
plastic support. Broke, shelf & contents fell to floor, etc.

In removing the plastic part still there, piece broke again,
this time it was the male part that's inserted in drilled
hole in the wood (this tiny plastic male part supports
entire weight) that broke, halfway into the hole.

Thus the remaining broken tip-end half is still there, wedged
into the hole.

Gotta get it out of there, so we can insert a new but identical
plastic support's male-part into the hole.

I volunteer to measure hole and plastic male part with dial caliper
and get proper bit and drill new hole an inch away.

Answer: NO!, you'll make it ugly.

So, how to get that plastic piece out of the hole?

Thanks!

David

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/22/2012 9:32 PM, David Combs wrote:
Fancy expensive kitchen cabinet; shelves supported by cheap
plastic support. Broke, shelf& contents fell to floor, etc.

In removing the plastic part still there, piece broke again,
this time it was the male part that's inserted in drilled
hole in the wood (this tiny plastic male part supports
entire weight) that broke, halfway into the hole.

Thus the remaining broken tip-end half is still there, wedged
into the hole.

Gotta get it out of there, so we can insert a new but identical
plastic support's male-part into the hole.

I volunteer to measure hole and plastic male part with dial caliper
and get proper bit and drill new hole an inch away.

Answer: NO!, you'll make it ugly.

So, how to get that plastic piece out of the hole?

Thanks!

David

drill a small hole in it and insert a screw

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 21:46:01 -0800, mike wrote:

[...]

+1.

An EZ-out isn't needed because the part isn't threaded.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 21:46:01 -0800, mike wrote:

I volunteer to measure hole and plastic male part with dial caliper
and get proper bit and drill new hole an inch away.

Answer: NO!, you'll make it ugly.

So, how to get that plastic piece out of the hole?

Thanks!

David

drill a small hole in it and insert a screw

That would be my choice. No reason to make a second hole, either use
the screw or just drill out the support. I'd replace it with either
better plastic or get metal supports.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Your male-part is broke, and wedged down in a hole.

That's about the goofiest thing I ever heard.....

And you want to remove it???? Why?
Just enjoy it while it's in the hole!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

mike wrote:
[...]

And after you get it out use metal supports, not plastic.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net

Posted to alt.home.repair

Drill another hole next to it...and be done with it! Then, if you need to drill larger for a metal support...
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Bob_Villa wrote:
Drill another hole next to it...and be done with it! Then, if you need to drill larger for a metal support...

LOTS OF GOOD IDEAS!

Thanks!

David

How do I remove the seat part of an office chair from its support post? trader-of-some-jacks Home Repair 13 October 31st 17 10:34 PM
Plastic Kenmore refrigerator plastic/glass shelf corner repairideas? Danny D. Home Repair 2 November 24th 12 12:27 AM
Bond fridge glass shelf to plastic/repair plastic clip D.M. Procida UK diy 4 May 17th 12 02:35 AM
Shelf Support Holes Rod UK diy 12 April 17th 08 07:25 PM
plastic shelf support boring jig Scott Woodworking 7 December 31st 07 09:56 PM