Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default plastic shelf-support male-part broke, wedged down in hole. How remove?

Fancy expensive kitchen cabinet; shelves supported by cheap
plastic support. Broke, shelf & contents fell to floor, etc.

In removing the plastic part still there, piece broke again,
this time it was the male part that's inserted in drilled
hole in the wood (this tiny plastic male part supports
entire weight) that broke, halfway into the hole.

Thus the remaining broken tip-end half is still there, wedged
into the hole.

Gotta get it out of there, so we can insert a new but identical
plastic support's male-part into the hole.

I volunteer to measure hole and plastic male part with dial caliper
and get proper bit and drill new hole an inch away.

Answer: NO!, you'll make it ugly.

So, how to get that plastic piece out of the hole?

Thanks!

David