Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plastic Kenmore refrigerator plastic/glass shelf corner repairideas?

For whatever reason, the corners of the plastic/glass
Kenmore Coldspot (model 106.59422801) refrigerator shelves
keeps breaking on the family as shown in this picture taken
today of my home-made pumpkin pies for Turkey Day:

Does this shelf breaking happen to you?
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/11469271.jpg

I think it broke not from weight being placed upon it but from
being the support for the drawers below it at one point ...
but either way (weight or drawers), the shelf appears to be
poorly made.

Do you have any good ideas for shoring up the corners?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Danny D." wrote in news:k8mr11$s7k$3
@speranza.aioe.org:

For whatever reason, the corners of the plastic/glass
Kenmore Coldspot (model 106.59422801) refrigerator shelves
keeps breaking on the family as shown in this picture taken
today of my home-made pumpkin pies for Turkey Day:

Does this shelf breaking happen to you?
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/11469271.jpg

I think it broke not from weight being placed upon it but from
being the support for the drawers below it at one point ...
but either way (weight or drawers), the shelf appears to be
poorly made.

Do you have any good ideas for shoring up the corners?

Eat the pie.

(Come on Danny, you knew that was coming.)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 03:37:05 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

For whatever reason, the corners of the plastic/glass
Kenmore Coldspot (model 106.59422801) refrigerator shelves
keeps breaking on the family as shown in this picture taken
today of my home-made pumpkin pies for Turkey Day:

Does this shelf breaking happen to you?
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/11469271.jpg

I think it broke not from weight being placed upon it but from
being the support for the drawers below it at one point ...
but either way (weight or drawers), the shelf appears to be
poorly made.

Do you have any good ideas for shoring up the corners?

If it keeps happening I'd say it's a design flaw. There's lot's of
websites out there from which you can order replacement parts.