Posted to alt.home.repair

Posted to alt.home.repair

We defend our Governors--------------------with men with guns
We defend our celebrities------------------with men with guns

(...)

We defend our courts-----------------------with men with guns
We defend our most precious children-------with a sign that reads:

"GUN FREE ZONE"

BRILLIANT!

Men with guns are expensive.

Maybe you would agree to have YOUR taxes increased to help pay for these
"men with guns" ?

Maybe you would vote for a proposition to enact a special tax on the
sale of guns and ammunition that would pay the salary of these "men with
guns" in schools?

Maybe the NRA would like to fund the employment of an armed security
person in each of the approx. 85,000 public schools in the USA?

By the way - there were two armed security guards on duty during the
Columbine High School masacre in 1999 (one in the school and another
near by):

---------------
In 1999, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed 15 people and wounded 23
more at Columbine High School.

Deputy Neil Gardner was a 15-year veteran of the Jefferson County,
Colo., Sheriff’s Office assigned as the uniformed officer at Columbine.
According to an account compiled by the police department, Gardner fired
on Harris but was unsuccessful in stopping him:

Gardner, seeing Harris working with his gun, leaned over the top
of the car and fired four shots. He was 60 yards from the gunman.
Harris spun hard to the right and Gardner momentarily thought he
had hit him. Seconds later, Harris began shooting again at the
deputy.

After the exchange of gunfire, Harris ran back into the building.
Gardner was able to get on the police radio and called for
assistance
from other Sheriff’s units. "Shots in the building. I need someone
in the south lot with me."

The second officer was Deputy Paul Smoker, a motorcycle patrolman who
was near the school writing a speeding ticket. When he heard a dispatch
of a woman injured at the high school, he responded. He, too, fired at
Harris but didn't stop him.
---------------------

****ing moron.

The availability of personal firearms will continue to doom your
american society to a life of fear, uncertainty and dread. And you
can't do a damn thing about it, because you can't put the genie back in
the bottle. You have no choice but to live with these inherently
dangerous consumer products that otherwise have no redeeming value or
purpose.

Civilian human societies do not currently posess the level of
responsibility and self-control to safely own personal firearms in ways
that they own and use other consumer products.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default men with guns

On Dec 21, 6:37*pm, PeterD wrote:
"Brock O'bama" wrote :

We defend our
Congressmen------------------with men
with guns
We defend our
Governors----------------------with men
with guns
We defend our
celebrities---------------------with men
with guns
We defend our sporting
events---------------with men with guns
We defend our jewelry
stores-----------------with men with
guns
We defend our
banks---------------------------with men
with guns
We defend our office
buildings--------------with men with
guns
We defend our
factories-----------------------with men
with guns
We defend our
courts--------------------------with men
with guns
We defend our most precious
children-----with a sign that reads “GUN
FREE ZONE”

BRILLIANT!

Stuipid, ain't it!!!!

Awfully easy to get up on the podium and announce a "solution" without
having to mention paying for it.
I heard that and went on to something sensible to listen to.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

Would you rather buy more "gun free zone" signs? See how much that helps?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"PeterD" wrote in message
24...

We defend our most precious
children-----with a sign that reads ?oGUN
FREE ZONE?ť

BRILLIANT!

Stuipid, ain't it!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Have you noticed? Most of the pols talk about "over the next ten years". But
neglect to mention that the budget gets rewritten every one year. So, the
tax is increased this year, but the spending cuts never happen.

I suggest the NRA should provide four legally armed persons at each school,
carrying privately owned firearms. Two teams, of two persons on each team.
Should be on campus every minute the school is open, handing out Eddie Eagle
and other safety literature.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Harry K" wrote in message

Awfully easy to get up on the podium and announce a "solution" without
having to mention paying for it.
I heard that and went on to something sensible to listen to.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

We defend our Congressmen------------------with men with guns

Because other men with guns like Jared Loughner have repeatedly tried to
Congressmen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Loughner

We defend our Governors----------------------with men with guns

Because other men with guns like Jim Howard have killed governors like
William Goebel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William..._and_aftermath

We defend our celebrities---------------------with men with guns

Because other men with guns like Mark Chapman have repeatedly killed
celebrities with them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Le...er_1980:_Death

We defend our most precious children-----with a sign that reads GUN FREE

ZONE

Because up until very recently, depraved gunmen didn't target schools and
reasonable people believed that guns in schools, even in the hands of "good
guys" might result in too many accidental deaths.

But I do admire the circular logic of the gun lobby. "We need guns because
there are so many of them out there!"

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Home Guy" wrote in
message

Men with guns are expensive.

Maybe you would agree to have YOUR
taxes increased to help pay for these
"men with guns" ?

Exactly!

To save tax dollars we should get rid of
TSA and just put up "GUN FREE ZONE"
signs at the airports.

What do you think of that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Dec 21, 6:37 pm, PeterD wrote:
"Brock O'bama" wrote
:

[...]

I would imagine one guard would cost less than one of those bad teachers.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Green" wrote in message
[...]

And, according to current liberal bent, life MUST be fair. So, it is only
fair that if a bad guy has a gun, that I am ENTITLED to one, too. To do any
less would be discriminatory towards me. And I want mine to be ultra cheap,
high quality, and have no registration costs or restrictions. Just like the
bad guys get.

It's only fair.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Brock O'bama wrote:

Men with guns are expensive.

Maybe you would agree to have YOUR taxes increased to help pay
for these "men with guns" ?

Exactly!

To save tax dollars we should get rid of
TSA and just put up "GUN FREE ZONE"
signs at the airports.

What do you think of that?

What do you think of the fact that there were two "men with guns" at
Columbine High School - and they weren't able to stop the carnage and
death. ?

You cowardly failed to quote that part of my reply or respond to it.

Even if you were carrying your own gun, I suspect you would be a coward
and **** your pants if you found yourself in a movie theater or
classroon and was confronted with a shooting situation.

Real life isin't like TV, but many gun owners think they would react
like Bruce Willis in a Die-Hard movie if they were in the right place,
at the right time, with gun in-hand.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 07:20:52 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Have you noticed? Most of the pols talk about "over the next ten years". But
neglect to mention that the budget gets rewritten every one year. So, the
tax is increased this year, but the spending cuts never happen.

I suggest the NRA should provide four legally armed persons at each school,
carrying privately owned firearms.

That would be pretty easy to do, and cheap. Let any qualified person
carry. Maybe give a $100/mo bonus to any teacher who would pass a
qualification test. In fact it's already done in some Texas
communities - zero cost.

Two teams, of two persons on each team.
Should be on campus every minute the school is open, handing out Eddie Eagle
and other safety literature.

You think they should have to wear brown shirts, so they can be easily
identified, too?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 10:35:50 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

[...]

Really?!!! Until very recently?

But I do admire the circular logic of the gun lobby. "We need guns because
there are so many of them out there!"

I don't admire the gun grabbers' lack of all common sense; completely
blind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

If more laws won't stop the bad guys...
...... what will ??????

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 22, 9:08*am, "Steve B" wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message

On Dec 21, 6:37 pm, PeterD wrote:

"Brock O'bama" wrote
:

[...]

??? The guard would be _in addition_ to the teachers, good or bad.
Or did you have smething else i mind?

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 10:32:47 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Dec 22, 9:08*am, "Steve B" wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message

On Dec 21, 6:37 pm, PeterD wrote:

"Brock O'bama" wrote
:

[...]

Perhaps let the guard teach, instead of one of the bad teachers? At
least there is a chance that the guard can teach.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 10:15:09 -0800 (PST), Robert
wrote:

If more laws won't stop the bad guys...
..... what will ??????

A bullet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

it seems to me
there are too many YOUNG people with guns

don't young people do Stupid things at times?

grade school kids bringing guns to school!?

300 million guns in America?
what percentage of these do you really trust?

marc
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert wrote:

If more laws won't stop the bad guys...
..... what will ??????

Nothing.

As a country - you americans will just have to live with the fact that
personal firearms will always exist as consumer products, and that just
like other consumer products they will be mis-used from time to time.

But unlike other consumer products, firearms are not subject to ongoing,
legal or insurance-based improvements or recalls to make them safer -
such as automobilies, infant car seats, baby cribs, toasters, etc.

In an alternate universe, there is a United States where personal
firearms never entered the sphere of public commerce, ownership or use,
and in that universe Americans don't have the right to own guns - and
they don't have a problem with that - because in that United States no
civillians own or can obtain guns (just like no civillians in the
present United States can own or obtain live hand grenades,
shoulder-launched rockets, machine guns, medical ultrasound scanners,
MRI and x-ray scanners, various drugs, other licensed industrial,
medical and military products, etc).

But because there is a history on this planet earth in many countries
where civillians obtained firearms starting hundreds of years ago (when
they were first invented / developed and relatively primative devices)
and thus they entered the public sphere for a variety of reasons
(sometimes personal defence, sometimes to protect livestock, then later
to kill native indians during the conquest of north america, etc) that
is how / why personal firearms crept into our current societies and why
in the US (in particular) you can't undo history and simply wave a magic
wand and make them ALL go away.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The liberals appear to think that disarming good
guys will stop the bad guys.

Lets start in grade school. If Harry is throwing a
fit, send George to detention.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Robert" wrote in message
If more laws won't stop the bad guys...
...... what will ??????

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Home Guy" wrote in
message ...
What do you think of the fact that
there were two "men with guns" at
Columbine High School - and they
weren't able to stop the carnage and
death. ?

Having a firearm is no guarantee that
you can stop a crime.

You cowardly failed to quote that part
of my reply or respond to it.

You seem like an idiot so I didn't
bother to read the rest of your tripe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Brock O'bama wrote:

What do you think of the fact that there were two "men with guns"
at Columbine High School - and they weren't able to stop the
carnage and death. ?

Having a firearm is no guarantee that you can stop a crime.

Your solution to these situations is to tear down the "no-gun zone"
signs and have "men with guns" employed at public schools (and you fail
to describe how these "men with guns" would be paid).

I point out one of the very few situations where "men with guns" at a
public school had minimal or no impact on the outcome.

You then counter by saying that "men with guns" are not the solution
because there is no garantee that they can bring about a different
(better) outcome.

So we have both proven that your "men with guns" solution is,
essentially, no solution.

You cowardly failed to quote that part of my reply or respond
to it.

You seem like an idiot so I didn't bother to read the rest
of your tripe.

So when I provide factual and ON-TOPIC counter arguments and data, you
choose to stick your head in the ground and ignore it.

I see.

Is this what you call being a rational participant in a discussion?
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...-covers/60277/

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 11:13:09 -0800 (PST), marco
wrote:

it seems to me
there are too many YOUNG people with guns

Studies show that adolescents exposed to guns in the home did not
cause deviance in young people.

don't young people do Stupid things at times?

If you want to know something, ask a teenager, They know everything.

grade school kids bringing guns to school!?

AND a child using word signing with his fingers; to say his name,
looks like a gun. The School tells him to change how he signs his
name. Or like the kid that brought a toy plastic solider to school
which had a rife or pistol.

300 million guns in America?
what percentage of these do you really trust?

Can't say, as I have not examined them all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

z wrote:
On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 10:32:47 -0800 (PST), Harry K

wrote:

On Dec 22, 9:08 am, "Steve B" wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message

On Dec 21, 6:37 pm, PeterD wrote:

"Brock O'bama" wrote
:

[...]

Get CHL certified, get paid more. Win Win

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 18:07:01 -0600, "ChairMan"
wrote:

Perhaps let the guard teach, instead of one of the bad
teachers? At
least there is a chance that the guard can teach.

Get CHL certified, get paid more. Win Win

The NRA instructors teach our police in large numbers. They will be
happy to help a teacher.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12-22-2012 14:21, Home Guy wrote:
civillians own or can obtain guns (just like no civillians in the
present United States can own or obtain live hand grenades,
shoulder-launched rockets, machine guns, medical ultrasound scanners,
MRI and x-ray scanners, various drugs, other licensed industrial,
medical and military products, etc).

I am not aware of any law preventing someone with enough money to
purchase an ultrasound machine. Using it to practice medicine without a
license, however, is asking for trouble.

--
Wes Groleau

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
will make violent revolution inevitable.
€” John F. Kennedy

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry K" wrote

??? The guard would be _in addition_ to the teachers, good or bad.
Or did you have smething else i mind?

Harry K

Yes, Harry K. The objective would be to weed out bad teachers, and be able
to hire good replacements, PLUS armed guards. Poor teaches are generally
long time teachers, and thusly higher paid because they showed up more times
than the newbies. So, you could hire two, three, five, or seven new newbie
teachers for what one lead assed idiot is costing us now. Plus, have money
left over for guards.

Get it that time, Bookie?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert" wrote in message
If more laws won't stop the bad guys...
..... what will ??????

Armed citizens who will blow their **** into little bitty piles.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Studies show that adolescents exposed to guns in the home did not
cause deviance in young people.

Taught both my children about guns. My daughter fired a pistol once at age
8. After that, she had no interest in shooting guns. My son fired a 12 ga.
(field load) his first time when we were quail hunting. He liked it. But
they both had exposure, and had no unusual curiosity, and never "got into
the guns."

Why should they? If they wanted to go shoot, I'd just say, "Hell, yeah.
Get your stuff, and lets go." When there is no forbidden fruit, there is
far less interest in it.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I think my previous post was edited by person or persons unknown, so I will
try again.

Weren't the BrownShirts purpose to attend Nazi speeches, and "maintain
order", which translates to kicking ass and taking names for anyone who
would razz the Nazi speakers, or speak anything that was not in line with
their thoughts?

I'd be for it if it was to kick liberal's asses, but in Texas, wouldn't that
be a given?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Green" wrote in message
We defend our Congressmen------------------with men with guns
We defend our Governors----------------------with men with guns

We defend our celebrities---------------------with men with guns

We defend our most precious children-----with a sign that reads GUN FREE

ZONE

Because up until very recently, depraved gunmen didn't target schools and
reasonable people believed that guns in schools, even in the hands of
"good
guys" might result in too many accidental deaths.

In actual fact , school shooting became more an more fashionable 30+ years
ago, at about the same time the Feds passed the law for "Gun Free Zones"
around schools.

Now 30+ years is NOT "very recently" by any human stardard
That's just about 2 generations.

But I do admire the circular logic of the gun lobby. "We need guns
because
there are so many of them out there!"

That's only your twisted, bigoted and ignorant circular projection
Logic was never used to produce it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Brock O'bama" wrote in message

"Home Guy" wrote in message

Men with guns are expensive.

Maybe you would agree to have YOUR taxes increased to help pay for these
"men with guns" ?

Exactly!

To save tax dollars we should get rid of TSA and just put up "GUN FREE
ZONE" signs at the airports.

What do you think of that?

You would have that
You would have no one left to grope you..

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Home Guy" wrote in message
What do you think of the fact that there were two "men with guns" at
Columbine High School - and they weren't able to stop the carnage and
death. ?

Having a firearm is no guarantee that you can stop a crime.

No one claimed it was, except for the stupid idiots who need strawman
arguments like homeless guy...

You cowardly failed to quote that part of my reply or respond to it.

You seem like an idiot so I didn't bother to read the rest of your tripe.

Good point
Smart move

I have the moron killfiled.
IT does save on bandwidth.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Dec 21, 6:37 pm, PeterD wrote:
"Brock O'bama" wrote
:

[...]

Actually, Most of that solution would not even cost anything at all

All you need to do a
1) ANY teacher or staff with a CCW can carry on the job
2) ANY volunteer with a CCW can carry when in school
3) ANY parent with a CCW acting as a chaperone is encouraged to carry while
doing so.
4) Any parent with a CCW willing to act as a voluntary patrol during school
hours is welcome.

None of the above costs money
But you would all of a sudden have a whole bunch of discreetly armed people
in or around the school
And if you post such signs at the entrances instead of "Gun Free Zone"
signs, you would also make it clear to potential shooters that the odds have
changed

Worked for the Israeli against palestinian terrorists targeting their
schools
See no reason why it can't work here..

Posted to alt.home.repair

"marco" wrote in message
it seems to me
there are too many YOUNG people with guns

don't young people do Stupid things at times?

grade school kids bringing guns to school!?

300 million guns in America?
what percentage of these do you really trust?

marc

Are you a troll or just stupid ??

Who with ANY intelligence suggested that grade school kids go to school
armed.

Although 50 odd years ago it was NOT uncommon to teach gun safety and
shooting skills in school.
Schools had competititive pistol and rifle teams
Some schools even had ON-SITE ranges
And in rural areas older students would bring guns to school so they could
hunt on the way home.

And in those days, school shootings were unheard of.

So what exactly was the point you were trying to make

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wes Groleau wrote:

just like no civillians in the present United States can own or
obtain live hand grenades, shoulder-launched rockets, machine guns,
medical ultrasound scanners, MRI and x-ray scanners, various drugs,
other licensed industrial, medical and military products, etc).

I am not aware of any law preventing someone with enough money to
purchase an ultrasound machine.

Companies that make ultrasound machines can't sell them to someone who
isin't a licensed doctor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message
Studies show that adolescents exposed to guns in the home did not
cause deviance in young people.

Taught both my children about guns. My daughter fired a pistol once at
age 8. After that, she had no interest in shooting guns. My son fired a
12 ga. (field load) his first time when we were quail hunting. He liked
it. But they both had exposure, and had no unusual curiosity, and never
"got into the guns."

Why should they? If they wanted to go shoot, I'd just say, "Hell, yeah.
Get your stuff, and lets go." When there is no forbidden fruit, there is
far less interest in it.

I started taking my kids to the range
When they were too small, they loved watching me use different guns and
calibers to see how far and high we could pop the cap off water filled
gallon milk jugs.
How big a spray of water we got, and how much damage we did to the jug
It was easy to teach them how dangerous guns are, and why they should only
handle a gun under supervision or in dire need.

Now that one is a teen and the other is soon the be one, my daughter has
little interest. but she will be required to show competence before she gets
to learn how to drive
My son wants to try shooting an AR beyond 100 yards
He's actually doing pushups and chin-ups to build upper body strength so he
can handle sitting and standing shooting positions.
Might not happen this year with an AR, but soon.

How many guns are out there...really? Martin H. Eastburn Metalworking 0 December 28th 09 03:26 AM
How many guns are out there...really? David R.Birch Metalworking 1 December 28th 09 02:30 AM
GUNS No Name Metalworking 0 April 19th 09 12:38 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
If Guns Were Outlawed, Only Bad Dogs Would Have Guns Joe Metalworking 0 September 9th 04 07:50 PM