Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Google wants me to change

KR Williams ) wrote:

What ISP closes the NNTP ports? I've heard of them blocking
port 25 (SMTP) except to THEIR server, but not NNTP.

Try a lot of large, security-conscious companies.

Yep. They do deep scans of the traffic to detect NNTP traffic on
other ports, too.

Both you and Tegger got that wrong.

The question was - what ISP closes their NNTP ports?

Large (or small) security-conscious companies are not ISP's.

My wife works for a bank. Their systems are screwed down so
tight that almost nothing works, including NNTP.

You (Tegger) wouldn't even know that the bank had closed NNTP ports -
because the bank would never allow a usenet reader to be installed on
any of the PC's connected to the bank's network in the first place. So
how exactly would you know which ports the bank had closed?

My CPoE is screwed down so tight ...
Dumbass IT morons are everywhere.

But you still don't work for assholes - right KR Williams?