Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fertilizer

I'm ticked. The neighbors hire out their yard work to a bunch from south
of the border. Today, was out in the hot tub, relaxing, and seen one of the
workers, squatting in their bushes, taking a dump!

I confronted the neighbor, but now plan on taking it to the board since all
the neighbors must belong to the association. The neighbor told me to mind
my own business, they're doing jobs, no Americans want to do. UGH!

Should I make a formal complaint with the police department? Good grief,
isn't like we live in the hood over this way. There are kids living in
this neighborhood.

Am I just some cranky old fart, or should I demand decency?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 5, 3:30*pm, "Rudy" wrote:
I'm ticked. *The neighbors hire out their yard work to a bunch from south
of the border. Today, was out in the hot tub, relaxing, and seen one of the
workers, squatting in their bushes, taking a dump!

I confronted the neighbor, but now plan on taking it to the board since all
the neighbors must belong to the association. The neighbor told me to mind
my own business, they're doing jobs, no Americans want to do. UGH!

This is how these HOA things turn ugly. Assuming you were nice about
it, the neighbor should have just said
"Thanks for telling me. I will speak with the landscape
company" But instead, apparently you have an ass for
a neighbor.

Should I make a formal complaint with the police department? Good grief,
isn't like we live in the hood over this way. *There are kids living in
this neighborhood.

Am I just some cranky old fart, or should I demand decency?

IF it really went as you described, I would contact the
police and file a report. They will likely then talk to the
neighbor, get the name of the landscape company,
and likely have a conversation with them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Rudy wrote:
I'm ticked. The neighbors hire out their yard work to a bunch from
south of the border. Today, was out in the hot tub, relaxing, and
seen one of the workers, squatting in their bushes, taking a dump!

I confronted the neighbor, but now plan on taking it to the board
since all the neighbors must belong to the association. The neighbor
told me to mind my own business, they're doing jobs, no Americans
want to do. UGH!
Should I make a formal complaint with the police department? Good
grief, isn't like we live in the hood over this way. There are kids
living in this neighborhood.

Am I just some cranky old fart, or should I demand decency?

Invite the fellow in to use your bathroom.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/5/12 3:30 PM, Rudy wrote:
I'm ticked. The neighbors hire out their yard work to a bunch from south
of the border. Today, was out in the hot tub, relaxing, and seen one of the
workers, squatting in their bushes, taking a dump!

I confronted the neighbor, but now plan on taking it to the board since all
the neighbors must belong to the association. The neighbor told me to mind
my own business, they're doing jobs, no Americans want to do. UGH!

Should I make a formal complaint with the police department? Good grief,
isn't like we live in the hood over this way. There are kids living in
this neighborhood.

Am I just some cranky old fart, or should I demand decency?

Camera, YouTube. Then send link to neighbors, HOA officers,
police....and la Migra

--
You can observe a lot just by watching.
---Yogi Berra
Senior Member

If it wuz me, I'd look upon this as an opportunity rather than a problem.

I'd go down to your local sporting goods store and buy a simple "camping toilet" for $15 to $20 and generously present it to the landscaping crew so they can take it with them where they go. Those people aren't dumb. They know where they poop when they have to, and they'll know why you're giving it to them.

And, I expect that landscaping crew will show their appreciation by doing $15 to $20 worth of yard work in your yard every so often when they're at your neighbor's house.

My father, now passed away, spent a few months in Ukraine. He was in his 90's and wanted to see the place he grew up 75 years later. It turns out that my sister had a nanny that was from near his home town, and she made arrangements for my dad and my other sister to stay with that nanny's family while they were in Ukraine. And, let me tell ya, these people had NOTHING. They didn't have indoor running water; they had a well, and they'd have to heat that water on a two ring hot plate to have a bath. They didn't have an indoor toilet, it was an outhouse. They had electricity, and a radio and that radio was their "entertainment". That nanny is still living in that house, but one of her sons, his wife and their two kids moved to Winnipeg 2 years ago, and now they're living in their own house (which they inherited then the nanny's aunt in Winnipeg passed away). Our family is helping them get established. He's a fireman and she's a nurse, but neither of them can work in those professions here because they're just starting to learn English. Both their kids learned English in grade school in Ukraine. After Gorbachev did his thing, and Ukraine became independant of the USSR, the Ukrainian government started offering ESL (English as a Second Language) education in Ukrainian schools because they believed it would be important for Ukrainians working in Ukrainian industries to communicate in English with companies in Europe and North America. So, both of the kids speak English much better than either of their parents because they learned English in grade school in Ukraine. I would have never expected that.

If nothing else, those landscapers will know you don't want them to poop in your yard.

Last edited by nestork : October 6th 12 at 03:01 AM

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/5/2012 3:30 PM, Rudy wrote:
I'm ticked. The neighbors hire out their yard work to a bunch from south
of the border. Today, was out in the hot tub, relaxing, and seen one of the
workers, squatting in their bushes, taking a dump!

I confronted the neighbor, but now plan on taking it to the board since all
the neighbors must belong to the association. The neighbor told me to mind
my own business, they're doing jobs, no Americans want to do. UGH!

Should I make a formal complaint with the police department? Good grief,
isn't like we live in the hood over this way. There are kids living in
this neighborhood.

Am I just some cranky old fart, or should I demand decency?

Air horn to your rescue!

A youtube of that could go viral!!

LMAOF,
John

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/5/2012 5:48 PM, Douglas C. Neidermeyer wrote:
On 10/5/12 3:30 PM, Rudy wrote:
I'm ticked. The neighbors hire out their yard work to a bunch from south
of the border. Today, was out in the hot tub, relaxing, and seen one
of the
workers, squatting in their bushes, taking a dump!

I confronted the neighbor, but now plan on taking it to the board
since all
the neighbors must belong to the association. The neighbor told me to
mind
my own business, they're doing jobs, no Americans want to do. UGH!

Should I make a formal complaint with the police department? Good grief,
isn't like we live in the hood over this way. There are kids living in
this neighborhood.

Am I just some cranky old fart, or should I demand decency?

Camera, YouTube. Then send link to neighbors, HOA officers,
police....and la Migra

Are the police seriously going to investigate a guy taking a **** in the
bush?
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

"John" wrote in message
On 10/5/2012 3:30 PM, Rudy wrote:
I'm ticked. The neighbors hire out their yard work to a bunch from south
of the border. Today, was out in the hot tub, relaxing, and seen one of
the
workers, squatting in their bushes, taking a dump!

I confronted the neighbor, but now plan on taking it to the board since
all
the neighbors must belong to the association. The neighbor told me to
mind
my own business, they're doing jobs, no Americans want to do. UGH!

Should I make a formal complaint with the police department? Good grief,
isn't like we live in the hood over this way. There are kids living in
this neighborhood.

Am I just some cranky old fart, or should I demand decency?

Air horn to your rescue!

I can imagine that a blast of the air horn will totally evacuate his bowels
in an instant -- a bigger heap to dispose of.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 15:30:32 -0400, "Rudy" wrote:

I'm ticked. The neighbors hire out their yard work to a bunch from south
of the border. Today, was out in the hot tub, relaxing, and seen one of the
workers, squatting in their bushes, taking a dump!

I confronted the neighbor, but now plan on taking it to the board since all
the neighbors must belong to the association. The neighbor told me to mind
my own business, they're doing jobs, no Americans want to do. UGH!

Should I make a formal complaint with the police department? Good grief,
isn't like we live in the hood over this way. There are kids living in
this neighborhood.

Am I just some cranky old fart, or should I demand decency?

I think reading other posts, I like the idea of just letting the guy
taking a dump, see you take his picture or video while in the process.
I think that might make him stop doing this. Short of that, I would
personally speak to the landscaper boss and tell him, you don't
appreciate it and will take it to the HOA if necessary with proof
(pictures you took or video you took). I don't know if the police
will do anything but it's certainly a health issue.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 15:30:32 -0400, "Rudy" wrote in
Re Fertilizer:

Am I just some cranky old fart,

Yes

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 22:22:25 +0000, nestork
wrote in
Re Fertilizer:

If it wuz me, I'd look upon this as an opportunity rather than a
problem.

I'd go down to your local sporting goods store and buy a simple "camping
toilet" for $15 to $20 and generously present it to the landscaping crew
so they can take it with them where they go. Those people aren't dumb.
They know where they poop when they have to, and they'll know why you're
giving it to them.

Best idea I've read here in a long time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[image:http://www.gallivantingoz.com.au/ima...li_large2.jpg]

[...]

Tch. 90% of the world lives like that or far worse.
It's only stupid Yanks don't know it.
But you got it coming. In a few years America will be a third world
country.
Where do you suppose these people in your tent cities take a ****?

You need to get out more.

This guy (the ****ter) will be gone tomorrow. His **** will be gone in
a couple of days.
Keep your hair on. It's not the end of the world.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/5/2012 10:04 PM, EXT wrote:

"John" wrote in message
On 10/5/2012 3:30 PM, Rudy wrote:
[...]

All the clearer for the youtube movie making!

John
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/5/12 3:30 PM, Rudy wrote:
[...]

bush?- Hide quoted text -

Seriously investigate, as in call out CSI, look for witnesses? No.
Will the police go talk to the neighbor and probably the landscape
company? Probably
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
This guy (the ****ter) will be gone tomorrow. His **** will be gone in
a couple of days.

I'd be really surprised if he didn't wrap it in paper and throw it into the
garden waste in his truck. A lanscaper isn't going to get much repeat business
by leaving gifts like that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 15:30:32 -0400, "Rudy" wrote:

I'm ticked. The neighbors hire out their yard work to a bunch from south
of the border. Today, was out in the hot tub, relaxing, and seen one of the
workers, squatting in their bushes, taking a dump!

I confronted the neighbor, but now plan on taking it to the board since all
the neighbors must belong to the association. The neighbor told me to mind
my own business, they're doing jobs, no Americans want to do. UGH!

Why didn't you confront the ****ter instead? Make him clean it up. If
he says he doesn't speak English, hit him hard like a cue ball. The
more spin you get, the better the English.

Should I make a formal complaint with the police department? Good grief,
isn't like we live in the hood over this way. There are kids living in
this neighborhood.

Am I just some cranky old fart, or should I demand decency?

Good luck.

Senior Member

Rudy:

While I can understand how you could be offended by what you saw, problems like this are best handled with kidd gloves.

After all, if you come off as demanding that something be done, you're going to force your neighbor into a defensive position, and he's gonna say "Look Pal, it happened in my bushes on my property. It doesn't affect you, so mind your own business."

That's why I think that if you go to the neighbor or landscaping crew bearing gifts (like a camping toilet), things will start off in a spirit of co-operation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/5/2012 3:30 PM, Rudy wrote:
I'm ticked. The neighbors hire out their yard work to a bunch from south
of the border. Today, was out in the hot tub, relaxing, and seen one of the
workers, squatting in their bushes, taking a dump!

I confronted the neighbor, but now plan on taking it to the board since all
the neighbors must belong to the association. The neighbor told me to mind
my own business, they're doing jobs, no Americans want to do. UGH!

Should I make a formal complaint with the police department? Good grief,
isn't like we live in the hood over this way. There are kids living in
this neighborhood.

Am I just some cranky old fart, or should I demand decency?

Demand decency? Where? How? My experience with contractors who had
crew working was that they left for breaks and lunch....even when we
offered food and drink. I can imagine someone having an unexpectedly
urgent call and he chose the best spot available at the time?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Oct 2012 17:21:51 +0000, nestork
wrote:

That's why I think that if you go to the neighbor or landscaping crew
bearing gifts (like a camping toilet), things will start off in a spirit
of co-operation.

Why should you pay?!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/5/2012 3:30 PM, Rudy wrote:
I'm ticked. The neighbors hire out their yard work to a bunch from south
of the border. Today, was out in the hot tub, relaxing, and seen one of the
workers, squatting in their bushes, taking a dump!

I confronted the neighbor, but now plan on taking it to the board since all
the neighbors must belong to the association. The neighbor told me to mind
my own business, they're doing jobs, no Americans want to do. UGH!

Should I make a formal complaint with the police department? Good grief,
isn't like we live in the hood over this way. There are kids living in
this neighborhood.

Am I just some cranky old fart, or should I demand decency?

Soccer players in park, all Mexicans, just ****ing out in the open.
After that I had my phone set on camera to take pictures but it never
happened again. Really not much to do without evidence of indecent
exposure. I was yelling at them to take their business to the park
porta potties.

Senior Member

So as to avoid confrontation. If you show someone that you're willing to give a little, then they'll be willing to give a little too. Mature adults are pretty well all the same that way.

Last edited by nestork : October 7th 12 at 08:55 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sometimes a soft voice turneth away wrath. In this case, it's best idea I've
heard in a while. I hope the OP does this, and let us know how it works.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"nestork" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 15:30:32 -0400, "Rudy" wrote:

I'm ticked. The neighbors hire out their yard work to a bunch from south
of the border. Today, was out in the hot tub, relaxing, and seen one of the
workers, squatting in their bushes, taking a dump!

I confronted the neighbor, but now plan on taking it to the board since all
the neighbors must belong to the association. The neighbor told me to mind
my own business, they're doing jobs, no Americans want to do. UGH!

Should I make a formal complaint with the police department? Good grief,
isn't like we live in the hood over this way. There are kids living in
this neighborhood.

Am I just some cranky old fart, or should I demand decency?

Perhaps you could plant some poison ivy there?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 13:02:15 -0400, micky
wrote:

That's why I think that if you go to the neighbor or landscaping crew
bearing gifts (like a camping toilet), things will start off in a spirit
of co-operation.

Why should you pay?!

To get what you want. As opposed to not getting it or even
getting an argument.

I'm not buying a bucket for the crew next door to **** in. Sorry.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

That's why I think that if you go to the neighbor or landscaping
crew bearing gifts (like a camping toilet), things will start off
in a spirit of co-operation.

Why should you pay?!

To get what you want. As opposed to not getting it or even
getting an argument.

I myself might talk to the landscape foreman next, because I'm cheap.
And because without seeing the place, I'm not sure how it would work.
Is there a tree big enough to hide behind? Or would tney still go in
public but leave nothing behind. The truck probably has no "inside"
where htey can go.

But like he says, everyone gets defensive when someone complains.
Some are able to repress that feeling, and at least be polite while
you're complaining to them (during which they may agree to do
something and ignore the complainer as soon as he leaves) , but
Nestork's plan will probably keep them from resenting the complainer
to begin with, and is much more likely to cause the OP to get what he
wants.

And like he says, they very well might do some cleaning up on his yard
in return. Without being asked. (I wouldn't ask) And maybe more
than once. A little kindness goes a long way.

Even if this technique doesn't work here, there are often better ways
to deal with a problem.

At a college showing of a movie near my apartment when I lived
somewhere else, the woman, too old for college, was eating fritos and
rustling the bag over and over, incredibly loud for a little bag..
When they changed the reel, instead of demanding or even asking her to
stop eating the snacks, I asked her if she planned to continue because
if she did, I would find another seat. She said No and stopped for
the rest of the movie. (There really was no other seat nearly as
good)

At anotehr apartment, someone kept stealing my and my roommates
afternoon newspaper. I parked in front of my building, which had
windows in and next to the door, and waited until I saw someone come
down the stairs and bend down, picking up the paper it was clear. As
he headed out of the door, I got out of my car and walked upt the
sidewalk to the building meeting him halfway. I had no idea what I
was going to say. As i reached him, I put out my hand and took the
paper and said "Thanks". I didnt' embarrass him (much, because I
looked at the paper and kept walking) )or antagonize him. And the
paper was never stolen again.

These are my only two examples. Other times I don't think of clever
away and I often don't get what I want.

Hmm. Did you consider simply shooting both of the miscreants?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"nestork" wrote

That's why I think that if you go to the neighbor or landscaping crew
bearing gifts (like a camping toilet), things will start off in a spirit
of co-operation.

Ahhh...Rule #1 he People who post here don't want solutions; they want to
bitch and moan about things. Yours is an elegant solution. Thank you for
that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote

Why should you pay?!

Because sometimes paying a few $$ is the expedient thing to do. You must
have a LOT of stress in your life, Oren, based on all the bitching and
moaning you do here. Time to chill out and find solutions instead of
complaining all the time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote

Soccer players in park, all Mexicans, just ****ing out in the open.
After that I had my phone set on camera to take pictures but it never
happened again. Really not much to do without evidence of indecent
exposure.

Indecent? Some of those Mexicans are VERY well-hung.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

And, I expect that landscaping crew will show their appreciation by
doing $15 to $20 worth of yard work in your yard every so often when
they're at your neighbor's house.

AMEN! Especially if they're Mexican. Mexicans are some of the most
generous people on earth.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 15:30:32 -0400 "Rudy" wrote in Message
id: :

I'm ticked. The neighbors hire out their yard work to a bunch from south
of the border. Today, was out in the hot tub, relaxing, and seen one of the
workers, squatting in their bushes, taking a dump!

I confronted the neighbor, but now plan on taking it to the board since all
the neighbors must belong to the association. The neighbor told me to mind
my own business, they're doing jobs, no Americans want to do. UGH!

Should I make a formal complaint with the police department? Good grief,
isn't like we live in the hood over this way. There are kids living in
this neighborhood.

Am I just some cranky old fart, or should I demand decency?

That's why they call them Mexcrements. You should have shot the dirty
wetback.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 8, 11:32*pm, "David Kaye" wrote:
"nestork" wrote

That's why I think that if you go to the neighbor or landscaping crew
bearing gifts (like a camping toilet), things will start off in a spirit
of co-operation.

Ahhh...Rule #1 he People who post here don't want solutions; they want to
bitch and moan about things. *Yours is an elegant solution. *Thank you for
that.

So, you think a camping toilet is a viable solution, eh?
Some illegal immigrant is breaking the law by defecating
in public and we're supposed to reward them by providing
a free camping toilet. Aside from that, of course, it's a
dumb idea because it validates that it's OK to drop one's
drawers and take a dump in the bushes as long as it goes
into a camping toilet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I liked the camp toilet, cause it was a polite step in the right direction.
I'm not sure what else to suggest. Perhaps some how the illegals can learn
sanitation?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message

So, you think a camping toilet is a viable solution, eh?
Some illegal immigrant is breaking the law by defecating
in public and we're supposed to reward them by providing
a free camping toilet. Aside from that, of course, it's a
dumb idea because it validates that it's OK to drop one's
drawers and take a dump in the bushes as long as it goes
into a camping toilet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 16:21:03 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

[...]

Golly, no. Why didn't I think of that?

I'm not saying I would buy the toilet, but my previous post was to say
why one would do it. Responses like that have a much higher chance
of working.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 09:31:38 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I liked the camp toilet, cause it was a polite step in the right direction.
I'm not sure what else to suggest. Perhaps some how the illegals can learn
sanitation?

A typical SM remark.

They're at the mercy of the foreman and the client. When I have an
employee here, I let him use my bathroom, but if there were 4 or 5
people and they were here long enough to all have to go, I'd wonder if
that would lead to so many visits, I'd have to hide any valuables in
the kitchen. If I ever have 4 guys working outside, I'll see then
what I do. Most of ttime, when I offer a drink or bathroom,
they turn me down, but otoh most of these guys work alone, have their
own truck, and can leave whenever they want to.

When the foreman has to go to the bathroom, he takes the truck and
goes somewhere. He likely doesn't invite anyone else unless it's
lunch time.

So if they have to go, they probably have nowhere else to go.

Why coudln't you figure that out?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

wrote in message

So, you think a camping toilet is a viable solution, eh?
Some illegal immigrant is breaking the law by defecating
in public and we're supposed to reward them by providing
a free camping toilet. Aside from that, of course, it's a
dumb idea because it validates that it's OK to drop one's
drawers and take a dump in the bushes as long as it goes
into a camping toilet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 11:34:41 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 13:07:43 -0400, micky
wrote:

How many guys are there?

Only one was the observed ****ter.

I meant how many workers were there. IF there is only one worker,
plus the boss, I think the owner should volunteer his own bathroom.
If there are a lot of people, I can see why he wouldn't want to.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 10:37:10 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Sometimes a soft voice turneth away wrath. In this case, it's best idea I've
heard in a while. I hope the OP does this, and let us know how it works.

This is the nicest thing you've said for a long time, but then you
ruined it with the other post I just replied to.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"nestork" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, never having been Hispanic, yard crew, worked for a foreman, or any of
the other qualifiers, I can be ignorant.

I'm pleased that was a typical SM remark, be a real shame if I was someone
else.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"micky" wrote in message
news
A typical SM remark.

Why coudln't you figure that out?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sorry about that. I'll try to do better.
(Typical SM apology.)

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote:

Sometimes a soft voice turneth away wrath. In this case, it's best idea
I've
heard in a while. I hope the OP does this, and let us know how it works.

This is the nicest thing you've said for a long time, but then you
ruined it with the other post I just replied to.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

How many guys are there?

Only one was the observed ****ter.

I meant how many workers were there. * IF there is only one worker,
plus the boss, I think the owner should volunteer his own bathroom.
If there are a lot of people, I can see why he wouldn't want to.

Which owner should volunteer their bathroom? The one
who who uses the contractor and
who obviously doesn't give a damn? Or the neighbor who
doesn't want to see workers defecating in his neighbor's
bushes?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 20:33:47 -0700, "David Kaye"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote

Why should you pay?!

Because sometimes paying a few $$ is the expedient thing to do. You must
have a LOT of stress in your life, Oren, based on all the bitching and
moaning you do here. Time to chill out and find solutions instead of
complaining all the time.

No answer noted. Where did you get your medical degree in psychiatry?

The neighbor told the OP to mind his own business. What should the OP
do -- beat the neighbor's ass and make him take the camping toilet?

Practice your Usenet psychiatry on another person.

Fertilizer harry Home Repair 1 March 20th 10 10:31 PM
Fertilizer LSMFT Home Repair 25 March 20th 10 11:06 AM
Fertilizer of the Beast Fred Woodworking 4 June 8th 06 06:54 AM
which lawn fertilizer to use? tenplay Home Repair 13 May 25th 06 03:08 PM
Fertilizer question Ted Barker Home Repair 4 January 10th 05 03:54 PM