Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Fertilizer

On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 10:37:10 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Sometimes a soft voice turneth away wrath. In this case, it's best idea I've
heard in a while. I hope the OP does this, and let us know how it works.

This is the nicest thing you've said for a long time, but then you
ruined it with the other post I just replied to.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"nestork" wrote in message

If it wuz me, I'd look upon this as an opportunity rather than a
problem.

I'd go down to your local sporting goods store and buy a simple "camping
toilet" for $15 to $20 and generously present it to the landscaping crew
so they can take it with them where they go. Those people aren't dumb.
They know where they poop when they have to, and they'll know why you're
giving it to them.

[image: http://www.gallivantingoz.com.au/ima...li_large2.jpg]

And, I expect that landscaping crew will show their appreciation by
doing $15 to $20 worth of yard work in your yard every so often when
they're at your neighbor's house.

My father, now passed away, spent a few months in Ukraine. He was in
his 90's and wanted to see the place he grew up 75 years later. It
turns out that my sister had a nanny that was from near his home town,
and she made arrangements for my dad and my other sister to stay with
that nanny's family while they were in Ukraine. And, let me tell ya,
these people had NOTHING. They didn't have indoor running water; they
had a well, and they'd have to heat that water on a two ring hot plate
to have a bath. They didn't have an indoor toilet, it was an outhouse.
They had electricity, and a radio and that radio was their
"entertainment". That nanny is still living in that house, but one of
her sons, his wife and their two kids moved to Winnipeg 2 years ago, and
now they're living in their own house (which they inherited then the
nanny's aunt in Winnipeg passed away). Our family is helping them get
established. He's a fireman and she's a nurse, but neither of them can
work in those professions here because they're just starting to learn
English. Both their kids learned English in grade school in Ukraine.
After Gorbachev did his thing, and Ukraine became independant of the
USSR, the Ukrainian government started offering ESL (English as a Second
Language) education in Ukrainian schools because they believed it would
be important for Ukrainians working in Ukrainian industries to
communicate in English with companies in Europe and North America. So,
both of the kids speak English much better than either of their parents
because they learned English in grade school in Ukraine. I would have
never expected that.

If nothing else, those landscapers will know you don't want them to poop
in your yard.