Posted to alt.home.repair

Default REFERAL NEEDED: lawn and garden USENET group?

I have really appreciated being a part of this group for a few years now. Sure, you get the occasional troll but I have gotten such great advice and guidance from so many that I've come to respect most folks' opinions here.

Which is why I am asking this group: do any of you read or participate in lawn and/or garden care groups focused on natural growth and solutions (a.k.a. "organic")? My wife and I are doing our ignorant best with a 35'x15' vegetable garden and 2/3 acre yard bordered by a creek that feeds into the U.S..'s "most endangered" (or "most polluted") river, the Potomac. We are highly conscious of not using franken-chemicals to drive pests out of the garden or to beat back the crabgrass, dandelions, and that strange weed with the little purple-ish flowers…because every little bit we let into the creek brings a little more harm to the Potomac and the Chesapeake Bay, one of the most unusual bodies of water in the world.

So I would appreciate advice from this group of where to find credible people (not the tin-foil brigade wingnuts) who can advise us on how to green-up our thumbs.

Danke!
Spasiba!
ˇGracias!
Merci!
Arigato!
Terima kasi!
Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/10/2012 5:20 PM, Kyle wrote:
[...]

The lawn group and rec.gardens on usenet are fairly active but if you
want lots of organic dicussion you'll have to find a web forum as it'll
be more focused towards your interest.

Ask in rec.gardens for a good couple of references to some web based
forums...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:20:46 -0700 (PDT), Kyle
wrote:

Danke!
Spasiba!
ˇGracias!
Merci!
Arigato!
Terima kasi!

Try rec.gardens.edible

Is there a layman's term for all the above?

You might also try a cooking group.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/10/2012 5:20 PM, Kyle wrote:
[...]

County or state extension services can offer a wealth of useful
information. Try this:

http://www.hgic.umd.edu/content/onli...cfm#Chesapeake Bay
Preservation and the Home Landscape
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kyle wrote:

We are highly conscious of not using franken-chemicals to drive
pests out of the garden or to beat back the crabgrass, dandelions...

So I would appreciate advice from this group of where to find
credible people (not the tin-foil brigade wingnuts)...

You're the one that doesn't want to use proven methods to achieve a
given set of horticultural goals, and everyone else that does is a
tin-foil wingnut?

I've got news for you pal.

You're going to end up failing miserably as various insects, fungus, and
weeds thumb their nose at you and your "green" methods.

Learn how to use various over-the-counter herbicides and pesticides
correctly and responsibly and you will have the garden you desire.

OT Does anyone know of a Gmail Usenet group? Metspitzer Home Repair 1 April 27th 09 10:31 PM
The group you are posting to is a Usenet group. Messages posted tothis group will make your email address visible to anyone on the Internet. gro Electronics Repair 4 February 21st 09 01:53 AM
lawn/garden hoses SeaKan Home Repair 7 April 8th 06 05:00 AM
Forming a new usenet group Matt Morgan Home Repair 10 April 4th 05 05:35 AM
*IMPORTANT* Message for Google Group, Usenet and AOL users! [email protected] Home Ownership 0 January 25th 05 10:16 PM