Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaKan

Default lawn/garden hoses

I need a new one. any ideas on what to get? i only need 25 feet, so i'll
get a 50 footer in case. any brand? are they all hard to move around, such
as storage? are they flexible? this is for my lawn watering.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey

Go to HD or Lowes and if you want the best hose, look for the one with
the longest warranty. They make hose reels for easy storage if you want
to spend the $$$.

SeaKan wrote:

I need a new one. any ideas on what to get? i only need 25 feet, so i'll
get a 50 footer in case. any brand? are they all hard to move around, such
as storage? are they flexible? this is for my lawn watering.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Rusling

"SeaKan" wrote:

I need a new one. any ideas on what to get? i only need 25 feet, so i'll
get a 50 footer in case. any brand? are they all hard to move around, such
as storage? are they flexible? this is for my lawn watering.

I had 2 5/8 life time hoses from Sears. They lasted over 30 years
before a grass fire got them. I went back to Sears and they still
have the life time hoses, but they are lighter than the ones I had.
You can also get any good industrial rated hose. They are heavier to
haul around, but for just 50 feet they are not bad. I haul around
over 150 feet. The hoses will probably last as long as your house.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired
Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier

Spend the extra bucks and get the no-kink type. Well worth it. Do not
get the cheap thin garden hoses that will kink up all the time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I get the Goodyear rubber hoses, and I like them a lot.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

"SeaKan" wrote in message
I need a new one. any ideas on what to get? i only need 25 feet, so i'll
get a 50 footer in case. any brand? are they all hard to move around,
such as storage? are they flexible? this is for my lawn watering.

3-4 ways to go.

1. Cheapest hose on the shelf: Just make sure you never leave it charged
and lying in the sun while you go to work. It will last a year or two.

2. Compact: Several types or reel hoses roll up for easy storage. Neat but
more expensive. Usually a flat woven material. Should last several years
or more if you store after every use. I'm not talking about a hose reel
cart, that is an accessory for any hose. Great for apartments or condos
with shared common areas.

3. Premium hose: No kink, no bulgeing in the sun. Will last the longest
but tend to be thicker, heavier and stiffer.

4. Hot water hose: You don't need this but is similar but heavier than the
premium and usually rubber not Vinyl.

No hose will survive being frozen with water in it. Rubber hoses last
longer than Vinyl and any hose with reinforcing fabric is good. Look at the
quality of the threaded ends too, cheap hoses have flimsy threads that can
be bent/crushed easily underfoot.

Other than that, its just a matter of color and price you can be happy with.

My issue is with nozzles, I keep dropping them on the ground and breaking
the handles or valves.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

If you buy a craftsman hose from sears, they are good for life. If you run
over it with your tractor, just take it back and they will give you a new
one. No receipt necessary. This warranty applies to all of their hand tools.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"SeaKan" wrote in message
I need a new one. any ideas on what to get? i only need 25 feet, so i'll
get a 50 footer in case. any brand? are they all hard to move around,
such as storage? are they flexible? this is for my lawn watering.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT

Apex.

--