Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle Kyle is offline

Default REFERAL NEEDED: lawn and garden USENET group?

I have really appreciated being a part of this group for a few years now. Sure, you get the occasional troll but I have gotten such great advice and guidance from so many that I've come to respect most folks' opinions here.

Which is why I am asking this group: do any of you read or participate in lawn and/or garden care groups focused on natural growth and solutions (a.k.a. "organic")? My wife and I are doing our ignorant best with a 35'x15' vegetable garden and 2/3 acre yard bordered by a creek that feeds into the U.S..'s "most endangered" (or "most polluted") river, the Potomac. We are highly conscious of not using franken-chemicals to drive pests out of the garden or to beat back the crabgrass, dandelions, and that strange weed with the little purple-ish flowers…because every little bit we let into the creek brings a little more harm to the Potomac and the Chesapeake Bay, one of the most unusual bodies of water in the world.

So I would appreciate advice from this group of where to find credible people (not the tin-foil brigade wingnuts) who can advise us on how to green-up our thumbs.

Danke!
Spasiba!
ˇGracias!
Merci!