Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dedicated Bleach Sprayer

I need small bleach solution sprayer to leave near my big yard/food waste container to use to keep down the smell. The problem is that every sprayer I've tried has some metal part (spring, rod, nozzle, etc.) that eventually succumbs to the constant exposure to the bleach solution.

Does anyone know of an all-plastic sprayer? I'd even settle for something cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream something up. Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides of the container stink-free.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 31, 8:39*pm, wrote:
I need small bleach solution sprayer to leave near my big yard/food waste container to use to keep down the smell. *The problem is that every sprayer I've tried has some metal part (spring, rod, nozzle, etc.) that eventually succumbs to the constant exposure to the bleach solution.

Does anyone know of an all-plastic sprayer? *I'd even settle for something cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream something up. *Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides of the container stink-free.

Thanks in advance.

What have you been spraying the bleach solution with
so far ?

Have you gone to look at a commercial cleaning supply
company showroom to see what real professional
janitors use...

Such solutions are commonly used with the typical
plastic sprayer bottle like you would buy household
cleaning solutions in at the store...
Posted to alt.home.repair

All plastic:

http://www.photo-dictionary.com/phot...5sprinkler.jpg

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
I need small bleach solution sprayer to leave near my big yard/food waste
container to use to keep down the smell. The problem is that every sprayer
I've tried has some metal part (spring, rod, nozzle, etc.) that eventually
succumbs to the constant exposure to the bleach solution.

Does anyone know of an all-plastic sprayer? I'd even settle for something
cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream something
up. Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides of the
container stink-free.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 31, 2012 7:19:37 PM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:

Get an "acid sprayer". They will shoot muriatic acid without being

hurt. HD/Lowes may even have one. I had to get one to acid stain my

driveway.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the ideas. I just double-checked my yard/food waste bin and to my horror, the metal lift bar is exposed to the interior of the bin (unlike the recycle bin). So now I have to rethink whether I want to corrode the heck out of that lift bar with bleach solution. Drat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I need small bleach solution sprayer to leave near my big yard/food waste
container to use to keep down the smell. The problem is that every sprayer
I've tried has some metal part (spring, rod, nozzle, etc.) that eventually
succumbs to the constant exposure to the bleach solution.

Does anyone know of an all-plastic sprayer? I'd even settle for something
cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream something
up. Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides of the
container stink-free.

Thanks in advance.

Local (Michigan)Home Depot has them, made for bleach

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 31, 5:39*pm, wrote:
I need small bleach solution sprayer to leave near my big yard/food waste container to use to keep down the smell. *The problem is that every sprayer I've tried has some metal part (spring, rod, nozzle, etc.) that eventually succumbs to the constant exposure to the bleach solution.

Does anyone know of an all-plastic sprayer? *I'd even settle for something cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream something up. *Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides of the container stink-free.

Thanks in advance.

Go to Walmart, buy their spray Bathroom Cleaner containing Bleach,
about $2.37, used to 1.88

I don't leave straight bleach inside my sprayers, so they last for
years.

Leaving bleach in Walmarts cheap ones they still hold up for about six
months, compared to one day with the $4-5 dollar commercial types.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I need small bleach solution sprayer to leave near my big yard/food waste
container to use to keep down the smell. The problem is that every sprayer
I've tried has some metal part (spring, rod, nozzle, etc.) that eventually
succumbs to the constant exposure to the bleach solution.

Does anyone know of an all-plastic sprayer? I'd even settle for something
cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream something
up. Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides of the
container stink-free.

Thanks in advance.

Hospital and medical supply houses make spray bottles designed for
spraying bleach solutions. In fact, some of them come as a two bottle
system. One is filled with straight bleach and the other with water. The
spray system combines them in the right proportion for disinfection or
sanitization, whichever is desired.

Good Luck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I need small bleach solution sprayer to leave near my big yard/food waste
container to use to keep down the smell. The problem is that every sprayer
I've tried has some metal part (spring, rod, nozzle, etc.) that eventually
succumbs to the constant exposure to the bleach solution.

Does anyone know of an all-plastic sprayer? I'd even settle for something
cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream something
up. Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides of the
container stink-free.

Thanks in advance.

Flo-master bleach sprayer (one gallon pump type)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I need small bleach solution sprayer to leave near my big yard/food waste
container to use to keep down the smell. The problem is that every
sprayer I've tried has some metal part (spring, rod, nozzle, etc.) that
eventually succumbs to the constant exposure to the bleach solution.

Does anyone know of an all-plastic sprayer? I'd even settle for
something cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can
dream something up. Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps
the sides of the container stink-free.

Thanks in advance.

I bought a bleach sprayer at the home depot.

I was looking for one with metal nozzle to spray tho thompsons water seal.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:09:13 AM UTC-7, willshak wrote:

The bleach doesn't work for long in a sprayer not designed for bleach. I

bought Clorox Clean-Up in a spray bottle and have been using the bottle

for regular bleach mixture spraying since I ran out of the Clean-Up.

http://www.clorox.com/products/clorox-clean-up-cleaner/

I found this clorox product at my local store and picked it up. It's probably cheaper than any sprayer I had in mind and it appears to be designed for re-use judging by the refill bottle on the store shelf.

I think I'll deal with the exposed metal lift bar issue by just throwing the stink-prone stuff in the back of the bin so I can avoid spraying bleach on the the metal bar ends in the front.

Thanks for the help.