DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lets roll! (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/343991-lets-roll.html)

Doug[_14_] July 23rd 12 07:35 PM

Lets roll!

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:52:05 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:28:15 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:38:53 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
om...
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:09:32 -0400, "
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 07:43:29 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 07:34:52 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
news:522n08t08epc6hn7n8sbck3li1de0a24il@4 ax.com...

I haven't heard of that but I did hear that one young man took a
fatal
bullet to save his girlfriend there. It really makes me sad to
think
this is almost becoming a common event and whereas before I had no
opinion on gun control, I do now but I'll save it for a rainy day.

Mass shootings are not that "common an experience" as you imagine
This is a far more common experience. Nearly 4 times as common, and
no
one
blathers on about these ?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/11-dead-12-injured-pickup-truck-loaded-passengers-crashes-trees-rural-south-texas-article-1.1119890

Not common yet...as I said " becoming common" but maybe I should have
said "becoming MORE common" as each year goes by.

Except it's not.

Really, look at the news and think about how many times you heard this
sorta thing. The years between these events are getting closer.

So you should have no problem demonstrating that with some graph to
support
your claim
Even a sequential list of dates would do as well..

No need, I know I'm right.

At least you imagine you are
Too bad you confuse "imagine" with "know"
There is a difference
But it's a difference idiots don't comprehend

Oh now the name calling when you can't convince someone.
LOL

I'm not trying to convince you of anything
You fit perfectly Ronald Reagan's aphorism
"It's not that our friends on the left are ignorant..
It's just that so much of what they know is wrong."

You're an idiot because instead of verifying what you believe, you simple
presume that you are right in your belief

I need to prove it to you ??? LOL

Winston_Smith[_4_] July 23rd 12 08:19 PM

Lets roll!

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 19:40:49 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Winston_Smith wrote:

What makes you think none of the dead did try just that. There were
some military among the dead for one thing.

Yes, Air Force. Not the best trained for combat. :(

Irrelavent. The Stormin' Troll wanted the average, movie goer to take
on the job. He effectively claimed no one did and there for everyone,
but presumably him, are cowards.

I'd expect the worse trained military person to know a lot more about
it than the sort of person (with no implied dirersion) that was at a
midnight movie about a comic book. Before the air force guy became a
techno-whatever, they at least had basic training.

More to the point, I'll ask my orignal question again. How does the
Stormin' Troll know none of the dead did try to storm the shooter?

[email protected] July 23rd 12 09:46 PM

Lets roll!

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 14:33:18 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
" wrote:

I heard others say that it was clothing that *looked* like SWAT gear, that he
didn't have armor.

The first press conference (about 12 hours after the hooha first
broke out) the Chief specifically stated that the vest, helmet, legging,
groin and throat protectors were all either tactical or ballistic (and
IIRC the vest was termed as both). Don't know if that had changed since
then.

At least a couple of times. I suspect we won't know, now, until the trial, if
it ever happens.

[email protected] July 23rd 12 09:47 PM

Lets roll!

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 13:35:36 -0500, "Doug" wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:52:05 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:28:15 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

news:1ojq08h6qtd2stn9gi68826a2hlg9jgb12@4ax. com...

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

That sure sounds like an admission of a lie.

Stormin Mormon[_7_] July 23rd 12 10:14 PM

Lets roll!

Seems like the topic that's all over the news.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 20:14:37 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

During the Colorado shooting, wasn't there one person who said "Oh, well,
I'm dead anyway" and charged, and tackled the shooter? Or did they all run
ad hide? I guess not?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

And why is this being posted to alt.home.repair?

Kurt Ullman July 24th 12 12:01 AM

Lets roll!

In article ,
Gunner Asch wrote:

Statistics can be slanted anyway you want if you call those facts.

Indeed. So when are you going to start supplying facts? Your opinion
is noted with amused contempt.

Now how about some facts?

Gunner

I find it interesting that he can't even some facts slanted his way
to cite.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

[email protected] July 24th 12 12:17 AM

Lets roll!

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:01:56 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
Gunner Asch wrote:

Statistics can be slanted anyway you want if you call those facts.

Indeed. So when are you going to start supplying facts? Your opinion
is noted with amused contempt.

Now how about some facts?

Gunner

I find it interesting that he can't even some facts slanted his way
to cite.

And knows enough to not even try.

Oren[_2_] July 24th 12 12:39 AM

Lets roll!

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:01:56 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Gunner Asch wrote:

Statistics can be slanted anyway you want if you call those facts.

Indeed. So when are you going to start supplying facts? Your opinion
is noted with amused contempt.

Now how about some facts?

Gunner

I find it interesting that he can't even some facts slanted his way
to cite.

I prefer if he would "sum" up the facts.

....gee wilikers

Strabo July 24th 12 01:19 AM

Lets roll!

On 7/22/2012 9:16 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Strabo wrote:

I would certainly look for psychoactive drugs. Most mass shooters
were on one of the SSRIs.

Yo have any kind of actual documentation to back that up?

There's quite a few. See http://www.ssristories.com/index.php

examples...

School Shooting Prozac WITHDRAWAL 2008-02-15 Illinois ** 6 Dead: 15
Wounded: Perpetrator Was in Withdrawal from Med & Acting Erratically

School Shooting Prozac Antidepressant 2005-03-24 Minnesota **10 Dead: 7
Wounded: Dosage Increased One Week before Rampage

School Shooting Paxil [Seroxat] Antidepressant 2001-03-10 Pennsylvania
**14 Year Old GIRL Shoots & Wounds Classmate at Catholic School

School Shooting Zoloft Antidepressant & ADHD Med 2011-07-11 Alabama **14
Year Old Kills Fellow Middle School Student

School Shooting Zoloft Antidepressant 1995-10-12 South Carolina **15
Year Old Shoots Two Teachers, Killing One: Then Kills Himself

School Shooting Med For Depression 2009-03-13 Germany **16 Dead
Including Shooter: Antidepressant Use: Shooter in Treatment For Depression

School Hostage Situation Med For Depression 2010-12-15 France **17 Year
Old with Sword Holds 20 Children & Teacher Hostage

School Shooting Plot Med For Depression WITHDRAWAL 2008-08-28 Texas **18
Year Old Plots a Columbine School Attack

School Shooting Anafranil Antidepressant 1988-05-20 Illinois **29 Year
Old WOMAN Kills One Child: Wounds Five: Kills Self

School Shooting Luvox/Zoloft Antidepressants 1999-04-20 Colorado
**COLUMBINE: 15 Dead: 24 Wounded

School Stabbings Antidepressants 2001-06-09 Japan **Eight Dead: 15
Wounded: Assailant Had Taken 10 Times his Normal Dose of Depression Med

School Shooting Prozac Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 1998-05-21 Oregon
**Four Dead: Twenty Injured

School Stabbing Med For Depression 2011-10-25 Washington **Girl, 15,
Stabs Two Girls in School Restroom: 1 Is In Critical Condition

School Shooting Antidepressant 2006-09-30 Colorado **Man Assaults Girls:
Kills One & Self

HeyBub[_3_] July 24th 12 02:16 AM

Lets roll!

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I can't imagine any law anywhere that mandates a citizen report a
crime, traffic accident, or an invasion of little green men. If you
know of such a statute, I'd be greatly enlightened - and surprised -
to hear about it.

It *is* illegal to leave the scene. The only hope to stay out of the
graybar hotel is to hope no one can track you down or do a mea culpa
and demonstrate that you had good reason to scat. Anything in the
middle and you're in deep hockey.

Please factor into your equation the Fifth Amendment's provision
against mandatory self-incrimination.

Irrelevant.

Not irrelevant. If I caused an accident resulting in loss of life or bodily
injury, compelling me to give my side of the story IS a violation of my 5th
Amendment rights. Likewise, compelling me to hang around while some dude is
shooting at me is, at a minimum, a violation of common sense. In that case,
leaving the vicinity would count as an exigent circumstance.

So, to recap. I leave the scene because I'm in fear of my life. I don't
report anything because: a) I do not have a legal duty to do so, and b)
Doing so would effectively confess to a possible crime.

HeyBub[_3_] July 24th 12 02:18 AM

Lets roll!

Atila Iskander wrote:

Huh?

I can't imagine any law anywhere that mandates a citizen report a
crime, traffic accident, or an invasion of little green men. If you
know of such a statute, I'd be greatly enlightened - and surprised -
to hear about it. Please factor into your equation the Fifth Amendment's
provision
against mandatory self-incrimination.

I believe some states have laws that mandate reporting if your gun was
stolen, with penalties if you don't

Ah, I stand corrected. You are right.

Thanks for the correction.

HeyBub[_3_] July 24th 12 02:20 AM

Lets roll!

Oren wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 23:22:39 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Given the amount of ballistic protection that the guy had, I doubt
that one person with a pistol would have been able to do much.

Head shot. ^_^

TDD

Eye ball
Front tooth
Arm pit when wearing armor -- raised arms, a shot in the arm pit will
take his lungs and heart. (I know of such a case) Shame it was a LEO
killed dashing for cover and caught a round in his arm pit.

So did Ronald Reagan.

Doug[_14_] July 24th 12 02:20 AM

Lets roll!

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 15:40:27 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:11:11 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:40:18 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 07:55:02 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

om...
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
news:522n08t08epc6hn7n8sbck3li1de0a24il@4ax .com...

I haven't heard of that but I did hear that one young man took a fatal
bullet to save his girlfriend there. It really makes me sad to think
this is almost becoming a common event and whereas before I had no
opinion on gun control, I do now but I'll save it for a rainy day.

Mass shootings are not that "common an experience" as you imagine
This is a far more common experience. Nearly 4 times as common, and no
one
blathers on about these ?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/11-dead-12-injured-pickup-truck-loaded-passengers-crashes-trees-rural-south-texas-article-1.1119890

Not common yet...as I said " becoming common" but maybe I should have
said "becoming MORE common" as each year goes by.

I doubt that they are becoming "more" common
But hey, I'll be happy to look at any data to support your claim

See my other reply.

Your other reply was COMPLETELY BARE OF FACTS to support your claim
Try again

Statistics can be slanted anyway you want if you call those facts.

Indeed. So when are you going to start supplying facts? Your opinion
is noted with amused contempt.

Now how about some facts?

Gunner

I'm not here to educate people who can't do it for themselves. Besides
I could care less if you don't believe me.

Doug[_14_] July 24th 12 02:23 AM

Lets roll!

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 15:42:20 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:09:57 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:39:24 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

Perfect leftist reply, "look at the news...". Statistics say otherwise.
Crime
has steadily decreased.

They take statistics of horrific acts of violence? Sure go ahead and
quote them. And tell that to Chicago !!

Goalpost move noted

LOL

Using Chicago with its ban on guns as some sort of criteria that guns
are evil...is noted with amused contempt.

Particularly when noting the numbers of dead and wounded each Week.

Gunner

Did I speak of gun control.... delusions setting in now????

HeyBub[_3_] July 24th 12 02:25 AM

Lets roll!

Deucalion wrote:
Given the amount of ballistic protection that the guy had, I doubt
that one person with a pistol would have been able to do much.

Did he?

They say that he did.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/07/midnight_movie_massacre_colora.html

Oates said the gunman wore a gas mask and a ballistic helmet and vest,
as well as leg, groin and throat protectors. He said among the guns
was an AR-15 rifle and that the gunman used two gas canisters.

Even IF he was dressed to the nines in armor, a shot will still sting like
hell. Ballistic armor is meant to protect a life, not cause the bullet to
bounce harmlessly away. A shot to the chest to someone wearing a
bullet-proof vest will, in likelihood, take him down. Certainly several hits
will cause debilitating pain - at least for several minutes.

HeyBub[_3_] July 24th 12 02:31 AM

Lets roll!

Atila Iskander wrote:

Considering that "automatic weapons" are severely restricted, cost a
lot of money, and require a bit of effort to obtain, it's highly
doubtful that you'll find lots of such incidents
But then maybe, it's just a loaded question to skew for your agenda ?
Or maybe you just don't know the difference between "automatic" and
"semi-automatic" and imagine that they are one and the same ?

Since 1934 there has been ONE crime committed with an automatic weapon. I
don't remember the particulars, but I do remember the perp was a police
officer who stole a Tommy Gun from the office arsenal.

[email protected] July 24th 12 02:42 AM

Lets roll!

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 20:16:56 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

wrote:

[...]

If you don't, you're in violation of the law, too. You're screwed. ;-)

So, to recap. I leave the scene because I'm in fear of my life. I don't
report anything because: a) I do not have a legal duty to do so, and b)
Doing so would effectively confess to a possible crime.

You do have the legal duty to report any accident you're in with bodily injury
or damages exceeding a certain value. You *are* required to stop when in such
an accident (but self preservation may get you off the hook if you're
otherwise cooperative).

[email protected] July 24th 12 02:43 AM

Lets roll!

wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:40:18 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

news:1khq085fumdekq0upb7vn8jpve33akj90o@4ax. com...
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

Are you *still* weasleing?

rbowman July 24th 12 03:08 AM

Lets roll!

Gunner Asch wrote:

In my view, taking into account what's beyond your target is ridiculous
and takes time away from the issue at hand.

Big gold Star!!

Bravo!

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...als-mt-hunter-
killed-bullet-not-bear

I'm not going bear hunting with either of you. I can't find the follow up,
but DNA analysis did established that the fatal bullet passed through the
bear.

rbowman July 24th 12 03:16 AM

Lets roll!

Winston_Smith wrote:

I'd expect the worse trained military person to know a lot more about
it than the sort of person (with no implied dirersion) that was at a
midnight movie about a comic book. Before the air force guy became a
techno-whatever, they at least had basic training.

iirc, most of the people who charged Hasan at Fort Hood wound up dead for
their trouble.

Harry K July 24th 12 04:34 AM

Lets roll!

On Jul 23, 9:40*am, Deucalion wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:34:38 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Deucalion wrote:

*Obstruction of justice also wouldn't fit this scenario.

No, but if anyone was injured and you left (even if the accident was
the other diver's fault) you probably have some serious problems if
the police can find you.

* Nope. There is no state where a civilian has a duty to stop and give
aid. Heck , last I looked there were only three states where a medical
professional had a legal duty to render aid (outside of the regular
scope of their employment of course) and these were so full of holes as
to be practically useless. All of the states I looked at the website you
suggested (ten before I got bored) stated very specifically what the
requirements were of the DRIVER.
* *Besides this is so far outside of the area we were discussing as to
be in the Left Field PARKING LOT instead of merely coming out of left
field.

I thought the thread had morphed to talking about leaving the scene of
an accident when someone ran a car off the road after the driver of
the other car had shot at them. *I didn't see any exceptions in the
law that allowed someone to not only leave the scene, but also not
report their part in the altercation.

Differentiate between the driver and uninvolved witneses. All the laws
tht have been quoted are about the perp.

As for 'taking the 5th', yep you don't have to answer _after being
sworn_.

Harry K

Doug[_14_] July 24th 12 05:23 AM

Lets roll!

wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:40:18 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

om...

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

No, how bout you?

pyotr filipivich July 24th 12 08:00 AM

Lets roll!

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 23 Jul 2012
02:23:12 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sun, 22 Jul 2012
22:51:02 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

In the late 70's there was a theater that showed The Rocky Horror Show
every weekend and it was a blast to go just to watch the critters. ^_^

One in Cincinnati did that through most of the '80s.

Something like 230 plus copies of the film were being viewed
regularly at the peak. For something which was not in any rotation,
that's a lot of copies for a film which bombed when first released.

'Camp knows no taste' ;-)

It is, a wonderful movie. Well, you wonder how it can keep
theatres full, but, what the hell, I like it.
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake

Kurt Ullman July 24th 12 01:34 PM

Lets roll!

In article ,
Strabo wrote:

Hmmm...the relationship of children, drugs and mass shootings has been
the subject
of books and academic papers for fifteen years. Here's your opportunity
to catch up.

Not one single peer-reviewed paper was noted among these.

Just search on 'ssri shootings' or some variation and you can spend many
happy hours studying the facts concerning mind altering substances and
mayhem.

But not if you do the same thing in Pub Med or any DB of
peer-reviewed and journal-published research. I also got a big kick out
of every article where they started out with a figure of many millions
on the medication, and then coming up with one instance every few years
where it was an "issue".

the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

[email protected] July 24th 12 01:57 PM

Lets roll!

wrote:

news:erjq08h3qt0gklstfb5uj7kdglr23ph9hi@4ax. com...

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

You've never heard of a rhetorical question, obviously.

Oh, and you lie. You're *stillI weaseling.

[email protected] July 24th 12 01:59 PM

Lets roll!

wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:40:18 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

om...

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

So in other words..you are not here to educated people with facts and
figures, but you are here only to spew your opinion?

Even when those "opinions" are lies and distortions of the truth. This is
commonly called "propaganda".

Thanks for the admission.

Indeed.

Now was there anything else you wished to vent, before we start putting
you in the bozo bin?

Doug[_14_] July 24th 12 03:08 PM

Lets roll!

wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:40:18 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

om...

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

Whatever Bozo, Gunner or whatever name you want to call yourself.

Doug[_14_] July 24th 12 03:12 PM

Lets roll!

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah right. Just cause I choose not to waste my time, you assume I'm
wrong. Whatever...

Harry K July 24th 12 03:37 PM

Lets roll!

On Jul 24, 5:34*am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

*Strabo wrote:
Hmmm...the relationship of children, drugs and mass shootings has been
the subject
of books and academic papers for fifteen years. *Here's your opportunity
to catch up.

* *Not one single peer-reviewed paper was noted among these.

Just search on 'ssri shootings' or some variation and you can spend many
happy hours studying the facts concerning mind altering substances and
mayhem.

* * But not if you do the same thing in Pub Med or any DB of
peer-reviewed and journal-published research. I also got a big kick out
of every article where they started out with a figure of many millions
on the medication, and then coming up with one instance every few years
where it was an "issue".

the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

And oddly of course, if one searches for 'children, drugs, mass
shootings' oddly youi get 100% correlation on the hits.

Harry K

Doug[_14_] July 24th 12 03:41 PM

Lets roll!

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 00:29:45 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:39:24 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

om...

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

Did you not? It sure seemed you were blithering around that subject.

Anyone else think thats where Dougie was going?

Gunner

I wasn't but now I will..... personally I think everyone who wants a
gun (with some restrictions) should be allowed to have a gun legally.
I'm not in favor of taking guns away from people (in most cases).

Michael A. Terrell July 24th 12 04:37 PM

Lets roll!

The Daring Dufas wrote:

In the late 70's there was a theater that showed The Rocky Horror Show
every weekend and it was a blast to go just to watch the critters. ^_^

One in Cincinnati did that through most of the '80s.

Something like 230 plus copies of the film were being viewed
regularly at the peak. For something which was not in any rotation,
that's a lot of copies for a film which bombed when first released.

'Camp knows no taste' ;-)

It is, a wonderful movie. Well, you wonder how it can keep
theatres full, but, what the hell, I like it.

I've seen it once or twice on TV, but I wouldn't endure the noise in
a theater to see it. The last time I saw a movie in a theater was over
10 years ago, and I had a roaring headache for five days.

Michael A. Terrell July 24th 12 04:39 PM

Lets roll!

Gunner Asch wrote:

Doug wrote:

I'm not here to educate people who can't do it for themselves. Besides
I could care less if you don't believe me.

So in other words..you are not here to educated people with facts and
figures, but you are here only to spew your opinion?

Thanks for the admission.

Now was there anything else you wished to vent, before we start putting
you in the bozo bin?

Even Bozo has standards and they don't include trolls. :(

pyotr filipivich July 24th 12 06:29 PM

Lets roll!

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 24 Jul 2012
11:37:26 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

One in Cincinnati did that through most of the '80s.

Something like 230 plus copies of the film were being viewed
regularly at the peak. For something which was not in any rotation,
that's a lot of copies for a film which bombed when first released.

'Camp knows no taste' ;-)

It is, a wonderful movie. Well, you wonder how it can keep
theatres full, but, what the hell, I like it.

I've seen it once or twice on TV, but I wouldn't endure the noise in
a theater to see it. The last time I saw a movie in a theater was over
10 years ago, and I had a roaring headache for five days.

Bummer. Because, honestly, one goes to the theatre for the
"performance" and "experience". This was the first movie to have a
_script for the audience_. Weird. You can find copies of the
various scripts, and then read along at a home show.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"And Art is art, and east is east and west is west, and if you take rubbarb

Doug[_14_] July 24th 12 08:01 PM

Lets roll!

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:07:20 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

If you blovate a commentary..and are unable to back it up...you ARE
wasting your time.

Now go back into the neat little world inside your head where everyone
will think you are the Greatest!!

Gunner

Go take your meds now !!!

Doug[_14_] July 24th 12 08:07 PM

Lets roll!

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:09:26 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

No..the bozo bin is where normal people put head cases so we dont have
to read their fantasies.

Gunner has been my nym for about 40 yrs. Something the lads gave me in
SEA.

Bye bye!!

plink

Anyone else care to join me in putting him back in the cage?

Gunner

Can't handle the heat, get outa the fry pan !!! Now who is the
weasel, LOL ? And to educate you it's PLUNK not plink

Oren[_2_] July 24th 12 10:45 PM

Lets roll!

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:41:59 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

... personally I think everyone who wants a
gun (with some restrictions) should be allowed to have a gun legally.
I'm not in favor of taking guns away from people (in most cases).

What "restrictions? Should a blind man own a gun?

What do you perceive as a reason to take away a privately owned gun?

You seen to have an opinion of when to take the guns... please share
with us.

Atila Iskander July 24th 12 11:39 PM

Lets roll!

"Doug" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:52:05 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:28:15 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

m...

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

You did ?
You actually consider a comment like "read the news and you will see" as
proof ?

Thank you for once again, proving you're an idiot

Atila Iskander July 24th 12 11:42 PM

Lets roll!

wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:40:18 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

m...

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

Then your need to participate in this thread is ended
Goodbye.

Atila Iskander July 24th 12 11:43 PM

Lets roll!

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, that is exactly what he told you to do..

Atila Iskander July 24th 12 11:47 PM

Lets roll!

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Atila Iskander wrote:

Considering that "automatic weapons" are severely restricted, cost a
lot of money, and require a bit of effort to obtain, it's highly
doubtful that you'll find lots of such incidents
But then maybe, it's just a loaded question to skew for your agenda ?
Or maybe you just don't know the difference between "automatic" and
"semi-automatic" and imagine that they are one and the same ?

Since 1934 there has been ONE crime committed with an automatic weapon. I
don't remember the particulars, but I do remember the perp was a police
officer who stole a Tommy Gun from the office arsenal.

Correction
There has been one crime committed with a legally registered automatic
weapon
And the cop went after another officer who was apparently partying with the
shooter's wife.