DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lets roll! (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/343991-lets-roll.html)

rbowman July 28th 12 04:53 PM

Lets roll!

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Elephant guns are for shooting elephants, so Sissy guns are for
shooting liberal sissies?

I don't know. The Mossad seems to shoot damn near anyone they want to with
..22's. A suppressed 10/22 is great for crowd control. Quietly kneecap them
from 100 yards and all any of Abdul's friends know is that he stumbled and
is having trouble getting up. It looks a lot better on the 6 o'clock news
than tear gas, water cannons, or non-lethal projectiles.

Dustin July 28th 12 04:55 PM

Lets roll!

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

I've been thinking of getting a firearm again but the only problem
for me is my arthritic hands. I can't even shake hand with folks at
times because of it and I cant imagine the pain the recoil of any
type gun would cause me much less being able to hold on to the darn
thing. The last pistol I owned was a 9mm Browning Hi-Power which
really didn't have that much kick with standard ball or
semi-wadcutter ammo but I had it loaded with military surplus sub
machine gun ammo and the darn thing kicked like a mule and sounded
like a howitzer going off. I'll have to get a sissy gun I suppose but
those can be deadly too. ^_^

Take a look at the walther 22 semi pistol
http://www.americanrifleman.org/arti...er-p22-review/

I've shot a few of them.. small calibre, but if you can't make the bad guy
**** off after emptying the clip of CCI stingers, you have a bigger
problem anyway. :)

--
Things look bad from over here. Too much confusion and no solution.
Everyone here knows your fear. Your out of touch and you try too much.

rbowman July 28th 12 04:57 PM

Lets roll!

HeyBub wrote:

You'll note that EVERY mass shooting in the country, with one exception -
the Gabby Giffords shooting in a parking lot, has taken place in a NO GUNS
venue. In my view, we need more people with guns and itchy trigger
fingers.

As a cautionary note, the guy who wrestled the gun from Giffords' shooter
damn near got shot for his trouble. Maybe 'people with guns, itchy trigger
fingers, and the ability to instantly assess the situation in the midst of
general panic'?

Michael A. Terrell July 28th 12 05:17 PM

Lets roll!

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 7/28/2012 12:31 AM, Dustin wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

On 7/27/2012 12:09 AM, Dustin wrote:
G. Morgan wrote in
:

If it's installed correctly, the EOLR would prevent the jumper
trick. It probably had no EOLR supervision.

No. It won't. EOLR is an open/closed detection circuit only. Unless
each switch/contact is a home run...bypassing a single switch will
not set it off. Just determine what the switch state is supposed to
be in normal mode, and either jump it, or don't. close/leave it
open. EOLR won't notice anything as you didn't really change
anything from it's POV. the circuit is still open or closed. It's
happy.

Heck, I sourced some door switches for an embassy that were resistant
to the extra magnet trick and you needed a cutting torch to get to
the wires. ^_^

TDD

Damn you.

It was for an engineer friend working for the same construction company
I worked for out in The Pacific at the missile range when the company
got contracts to build U.S. Embassies in various countries around the
globe. For some odd reason, the government is kinda picky about security
at embassies. You could look up balanced magnetic door switches of a few
types, some more secure than others and harder if not
impossible to defeat. O_o

Hall effect sensors near the mag switch would be real fun to defeat.

I had a narrow range thermal intermittent failure of the Hall effect
sensor in the distributor of my old van some years ago. I coined the
term "The Goldilocks Effect". The temperature has to be just right for a
semiconductor to work. I've come across this on a number of occasions
over four decades in all sorts of solid state equipment that used
discrete semiconductors. I even had a transistor act like an inductor in
the IF stage of a two way radio at room temperature one time and
chilling it down caused it to behave. If those immortality pill I bought
off The Interweb work, I guess I'll live long enough to see everything.
The pills are supposed to give my a giant schlong too, it claimed to do
so in the Email. ^_^

I had a Delco '60s car radio that I put five temperature sensitive
transistors in. I used it to see if newly hired techs knew what they
were doing. Some worked hot, other worked cold, and all five had
theirown temperature range. I had one hotshot spend half a day on it
before he quit and walked out of the shop. It was funny watching them
with a can of freeze mist in one hand, and a heat lamp in the other as
they tried to decide which part was bad. A VTVM to measure the collect
voltages would have shown them the faults in under a minute.

pyotr filipivich July 28th 12 05:32 PM

Lets roll!

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012
08:59:56 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I've been thinking of getting a firearm again but the only problem for
me is my arthritic hands. I can't even shake hand with folks at times
because of it and I cant imagine the pain the recoil of any type gun
would cause me much less being able to hold on to the darn thing. The
last pistol I owned was a 9mm Browning Hi-Power which really didn't have
that much kick with standard ball or semi-wadcutter ammo but I had it
loaded with military surplus sub machine gun ammo and the darn thing
kicked like a mule and sounded like a howitzer going off. I'll have to
get a sissy gun I suppose but those can be deadly too. ^_^

Elephant guns are for shooting elephants, so Sissy guns are for
shooting liberal sissies? ;-)

Hey, that sounds like a Good Idea.

But I'm afraid if I walk into the local gun store and ask for a
"Sissy Gun" I will be laughed at. And that could be bad for my
self-esteemed. (Or, like Agorn*, I could chose to be amused.)

tschus
pyotr

* http://mansionofe.comicgenesis.com/d/20120726.html
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake

pyotr filipivich July 28th 12 05:32 PM

Lets roll!

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012
07:59:39 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

HeyBub wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

It was for an engineer friend working for the same construction
company I worked for out in The Pacific at the missile range when the
company got contracts to build U.S. Embassies in various countries
around the globe. For some odd reason, the government is kinda picky
about security at embassies. You could look up balanced magnetic door
switches of a few types, some more secure than others and harder if
not impossible to defeat. O_o

In the opening episode of this season's "Breaking Bad," the cops raided the
headquarters of the bad guy. The cops confiscated a laptop computer and
checked it into the police property room. Obviously, when the cops got
around to looking through the computer's files, Walt and his buddy would be
screwed. Oh, what to do?

The got an OLD delivery truck with an aluminum shell. In this truck, they
mounted the business end of a magnetic junk crane, you know the type, about
five feet in diameter and capable of picking up trashed automobiles. Also in
the van they mounted 42 heavy-duty batteries.

During the night, they drove the truck up against the back wall of the
police property room and threw the switch.

It was a hoot to see all the shelving and metal property leave its location
and hug the wall!

The cops were, um, call it confused to see everything in the property room
in disarray. Then they found the truck, tipped over against the back wall.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

It takes an alternating magnetic field to demagnatise a disk and the
permananat magnets inside the drive have a higher density that that
would have provided.

Aren't the electromagnets on those booms A/C powered?

OTOH, in "Cryptonepricon" (Or however it is spelled - Neil
Stephenson's book) the "good guys" built large magnetic coils into the
door and window frames of the server room. Any computer drive taken
out of the server room without first killing the main power - got
wiped. When they said they offered secure data storage, they meant
it.

Of course, you can't expect a script writer to
know that. Like an episode of McGyver years ago: He was inside a
nuclear reactor and the control for the 'alarm system' was built on
Radio Shack perf board.

Good thing, I've talked with many friends over the years about how
They got Missile (etc) Security all wrong - and the consensus was
usually "Do you really want them to get it right?"

tschus
pyotr

pyotr filipivich July 28th 12 05:32 PM

Ballistic Nylon - what is it? Lets roll!

"HeyBub" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 06:39:30 -0500
typed in alt.survival the following:

* Holmes WAS wearing a "ballistic nylon" vest. Ignorant journalists
immediately morphed this into "body armor." Something made of "ballistic
nylon" won't stop squat, let alone a bullet.

What is, exactly "ballistic nylon"? Nylon which works for the
Government? Nylon with poor emotional self control and it goes
ballistic over every little thing? Nylons worn by SEALs when they go
swimming in tropical waters?

Or just another marketing term?

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the

Oren[_2_] July 28th 12 06:10 PM

Ballistic Nylon - what is it? Lets roll!

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 09:32:48 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

"HeyBub" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 06:39:30 -0500
typed in alt.survival the following:

* Holmes WAS wearing a "ballistic nylon" vest. Ignorant journalists
immediately morphed this into "body armor." Something made of "ballistic
nylon" won't stop squat, let alone a bullet.

What is, exactly "ballistic nylon"? Nylon which works for the
Government? Nylon with poor emotional self control and it goes
ballistic over every little thing? Nylons worn by SEALs when they go
swimming in tropical waters?

A failure for stopping a bullet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_nylon

Jim Wilkins[_2_] July 28th 12 06:29 PM

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
"HeyBub" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 06:39:30 -0500
typed in alt.survival the following:

* Holmes WAS wearing a "ballistic nylon" vest. Ignorant journalists
immediately morphed this into "body armor." Something made of
"ballistic
nylon" won't stop squat, let alone a bullet.

What is, exactly "ballistic nylon"? Nylon which works for the
Government? Nylon with poor emotional self control and it goes
ballistic over every little thing? Nylons worn by SEALs when they
go
swimming in tropical waters?

Or just another marketing term?

tschus
pyotr

The vests issued during Vietnam were filled with it, I believe. The
filler was enclosed in waterproof bags that made them miserable above
40F, luckily for us that was winter temperature in Germany but we
still perspired when training in them. They were said to stop grenade
etc fragments but not AK47 bullets.

In the camping industry it's a fairly thick, stiff, tightly woven
nylon cloth that resembles and substitutes for canvas, as opposed to
Ripstop.

jsw

pyotr filipivich July 28th 12 07:46 PM

Ballistic Nylon - what is it? Lets roll!

"Jim Wilkins" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 13:29:22
-0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Oh, "Cordura"

Thanks.

jsw

[email protected] July 28th 12 08:10 PM

Lets roll!

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:55:28 GMT, Dustin wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

I've been thinking of getting a firearm again but the only problem
for me is my arthritic hands. I can't even shake hand with folks at
times because of it and I cant imagine the pain the recoil of any
type gun would cause me much less being able to hold on to the darn
thing. The last pistol I owned was a 9mm Browning Hi-Power which
really didn't have that much kick with standard ball or
semi-wadcutter ammo but I had it loaded with military surplus sub
machine gun ammo and the darn thing kicked like a mule and sounded
like a howitzer going off. I'll have to get a sissy gun I suppose but
those can be deadly too. ^_^

Take a look at the walther 22 semi pistol
http://www.americanrifleman.org/arti...er-p22-review/

I was thinking about getting SWMBO a Walther PPK/S but couldn't decide on .32
or .380.

I've shot a few of them.. small calibre, but if you can't make the bad guy
**** off after emptying the clip of CCI stingers, you have a bigger
problem anyway. :)

Wounding a druggie will only be ****ed off. A sane mugger will retreat upon
sight of the weapon and not stop to look at the bore. The slasher the other
day was subdued by his eyeballs after seeing the weapon.

[email protected] July 28th 12 08:17 PM

Lets roll!

HeyBub wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

Perhaps, but "42 heavy duty batteries" aren't. ;-)

OTOH, in "Cryptonepricon" (Or however it is spelled - Neil
Stephenson's book) the "good guys" built large magnetic coils into the
door and window frames of the server room. Any computer drive taken
out of the server room without first killing the main power - got
wiped. When they said they offered secure data storage, they meant
it.

I doubt they could get the magnetic flux density necessary to write a modern
disk drive.

Of course, you can't expect a script writer to
know that. Like an episode of McGyver years ago: He was inside a
nuclear reactor and the control for the 'alarm system' was built on
Radio Shack perf board.

Good thing, I've talked with many friends over the years about how
They got Missile (etc) Security all wrong - and the consensus was
usually "Do you really want them to get it right?"

Right. No need to know. It just ruins the story line. ;-)

OTOH, I understand that Tom Clancy has been interviewed a couple of times
because of some of the details in his submarine scenes.

[email protected] July 28th 12 08:22 PM

wrote:

"HeyBub" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 06:39:30 -0500
typed in alt.survival the following:

* Holmes WAS wearing a "ballistic nylon" vest. Ignorant journalists
immediately morphed this into "body armor." Something made of "ballistic
nylon" won't stop squat, let alone a bullet.

What is, exactly "ballistic nylon"? Nylon which works for the
Government? Nylon with poor emotional self control and it goes
ballistic over every little thing? Nylons worn by SEALs when they go
swimming in tropical waters?

It's the stuff that modern luggage is made out of. It's lightweight, somewhat
water resistant, and rips don't propagate easily. I has nothing to do with
being faster than a bullet or more powerful than a speeding train. It won't
even jump tall buildings.

Jim Wilkins[_2_] July 28th 12 08:23 PM

Ballistic Nylon - what is it? Lets roll!

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
"Jim Wilkins" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 13:29:22
In the camping industry it's a fairly thick, stiff, tightly woven
nylon cloth that resembles and substitutes for canvas, as opposed to
Ripstop.

Oh, "Cordura"
Thanks.

Close, but Cordura can use other fibers.

jsw

[email protected] July 28th 12 08:23 PM

Lets roll!

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012 20:34:01 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:32:35 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"mike" wrote in message
On 7/21/2012 5:26 PM, Richard wrote:
On 7/21/2012 7:14 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
During the Colorado shooting, wasn't there one person who said "Oh,
well,
I'm dead anyway" and charged, and tackled the shooter? Or did they all
run
ad hide? I guess not?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

I think it's a little unfair to ask that of civilians.
They thought they were going to a movie.

But one guy with a CC permit and a clear line of fire might have saved
some lives that day.

That fellow would have been...
1) shot by the police.

Really ?
Why ?

2) sued by everybody in the theater

Really ?
Why ?

3) God help him if he accidentally hit anybody.

Really ?
Why ?

After 911, I got a carry permit, primarily so I could
take a pistol in the car or motorhome without hassle.
I also carried it on the street for a while.
It gave me a false sense of security.
I determined that ANY action that I took would
involve WAY more risk to me than any help it could provide.

That's you
But that does not make it true for anyone else

Ordinary people shouldn't carry guns.
But I'd defend their right to do so.

You're right
And since only 1-2% of the population chooses to carry, they definitely are
not ordinary like you

Its actually 3-5%.

And on some occasions..you can bet that far far more are carrying.

Anyone want to be the Batman movie audiences were unarmed the following
week?

Except in theaters that ban firearms. Just don't go and tell them why.

Dustin July 28th 12 09:03 PM

Lets roll!

" wrote in
:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:55:28 GMT, Dustin
wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

[...]

Wounding? with a clip of stingers? You must be a terrible shot. [g]

Jim Wilkins[_2_] July 28th 12 09:22 PM

wrote in message

It's the stuff that modern luggage is made out of. It's
lightweight, somewhat
water resistant, and rips don't propagate easily. I has nothing to
do with
being faster than a bullet or more powerful than a speeding train.
It won't
even jump tall buildings.

http://www.military-quotes.com/jokes/military-humor.htm
Scroll to Rank Recognition Made Easy at the bottom.

Ed Pawlowski July 28th 12 10:09 PM

wrote:

What is, exactly "ballistic nylon"? Nylon which works for the
Government? Nylon with poor emotional self control and it goes
ballistic over every little thing? Nylons worn by SEALs when they go
swimming in tropical waters?

Or just another marketing term?

It was developed during World War II to be used in jackets to protect
airmen from flying debris.

The original specification for ballistic nylon was an 18 oz nylon
fabric made from 1050 denier high tenacity nylon yarn in a 2x2 basket
weave. Today the term is often used to refer to any nylon fabric that
is made with a "ballistic weave", typically a 2x2 or 2x3 basketweave.

Today, Kevlar does that job better.

Michael A. Terrell July 28th 12 10:18 PM

Lets roll!

The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

No! No! No! You tell them you want a lightweight weapon to scare
away sissies. You wouldn't want them to fill their 'Depends', would
you? No one wants to be around when those need changed!

Michael A. Terrell July 28th 12 10:19 PM

Lets roll!

Dustin wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Wounding a druggie will only be ****ed off. A sane mugger will
retreat upon sight of the weapon and not stop to look at the bore.
The slasher the other day was subdued by his eyeballs after seeing
the weapon.

Wounding? with a clip of stingers? You must be a terrible shot. [g]

Keith does most of his shooting with an electron gun. ;-)

Doug[_14_] July 28th 12 10:41 PM

Lets roll!

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012 20:24:47 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 23:09:57 -0400, "
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:49:34 -0500, "Doug" wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 17:39:48 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
m...
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:52:05 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
news:6uvq08ll786og530kb6rtpa57h6ag7pak1@4ax. com...
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:28:15 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
news:hltq08pi10p7t3nf949n7e53td580t1s4e@4a x.com...
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:38:53 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
news:1ojq08h6qtd2stn9gi68826a2hlg9jgb12@ 4ax.com...
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:09:32 -0400, "
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 07:43:29 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 07:34:52 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
news:522n08t08epc6hn7n8sbck3li1de0a2 ...

I haven't heard of that but I did hear that one young man took a
fatal
bullet to save his girlfriend there. It really makes me sad to
think
this is almost becoming a common event and whereas before I had
no
opinion on gun control, I do now but I'll save it for a rainy
day.

Mass shootings are not that "common an experience" as you imagine
This is a far more common experience. Nearly 4 times as common,
and
no
one
blathers on about these ?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/11-dead-12-injured-pickup-truck-loaded-passengers-crashes-trees-rural-south-texas-article-1.1119890

Not common yet...as I said " becoming common" but maybe I should
have
said "becoming MORE common" as each year goes by.

Except it's not.

Really, look at the news and think about how many times you heard
this
sorta thing. The years between these events are getting closer.

So you should have no problem demonstrating that with some graph to
support
your claim
Even a sequential list of dates would do as well..

No need, I know I'm right.

At least you imagine you are
Too bad you confuse "imagine" with "know"
There is a difference
But it's a difference idiots don't comprehend

Oh now the name calling when you can't convince someone.
LOL

I'm not trying to convince you of anything
You fit perfectly Ronald Reagan's aphorism
"It's not that our friends on the left are ignorant..
It's just that so much of what they know is wrong."

You're an idiot because instead of verifying what you believe, you simple
presume that you are right in your belief

I need to prove it to you ??? LOL

You did ?
You actually consider a comment like "read the news and you will see" as
proof ?

Thank you for once again, proving you're an idiot

Name calling....

No, fact.

and you call me an idiot grin.

You are what you are.

Poor Dooogie...

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...s-all-time-low

http://newstalk1280.com/murder-rates...-all-time-low/

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rep/gun-o...rime-down.html

Poo poo Doogie...mindlessly wandering the streets of life, clueless,
stupid, retarted. A perfect Democrat voter. AKA..Useful Idiot.

Gunner

Whatever....

Michael A. Terrell July 28th 12 10:50 PM

Lets roll!

HeyBub wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

AC has less holding power than DC. it could also set up resonant
vibration in what they are pulling against. They may use unfiltered DC
from a bank of rectifiers, but at that power level it would require
three phase, and the ripple is only a few percent with a full wave three
phase bridge. Those electromagnets are extremely power hungry. I weas
shocked tro see the specs on one. 480 V 1000A three phase to the
'rectifier' and about a 10% duty cycle for the electromagnet, depending
on the surrounding temperature and airflow. They also have a high
residual magnetic field, so it helps in the lifting.

OTOH, in "Cryptonepricon" (Or however it is spelled - Neil
Stephenson's book) the "good guys" built large magnetic coils into the
door and window frames of the server room. Any computer drive taken
out of the server room without first killing the main power - got
wiped. When they said they offered secure data storage, they meant
it.

Three things come to mind:

1: Hard drives were physically larger in 1999. New recording
techniques allow a density they couldn't achieve, ant that requires a
lot higher magnetic field to erase the data.

2: What would have stopped someone from stealing the data on CDROMs?

3: The data could be remotely logged, so even if that did work, it's
still not secure unless the servers were completely isolated from any
other computer. That kind of makes servers unneeded, doesn't it? Do
you know what it would take to maintain a field like that? How about
the 'Inverse Square law'?

You would need a low frequency alternating magnetic field to erase a
drive, and the opening would have to me quite small. The magnetic field
would likely be so strong that it would be detrimental to the person
carrying the drive. Are you familiar with 'Skin Depth' in wire? That
means that the higher the frequency, the less of the conductor is
penetrated by the electrical current. DC can use the entire conductor,
but at a high enough AC frequency the current only uses the outside and
whatever the 'Skin Depth' is. That is the reason that high power RF
coils are wound with copper tubing, and sometimes silver plated to
reduce the surface resistance. 'Skin Depth' is also involved in
waveguide. The metal only has to be thick enough for the required
physical strength to support it's weight. The RF bounces along inside
the waveguide at much lower loss than in coax. There is a whole class
of mathematics involved in the design of high power waveguide systems.
Another is the design of high power diplexers used in NTSC TV
broadcast. They look like steam punk, because they have to. Lots of
gleaming copper or brass, sometimes tons of it.

A better approach would be a metal detector that won't let you remove
any metal from the room without dropping it through a high power
shredder, and the debris is removed by gravity trough a long shaft.

Of course, you can't expect a script writer to
know that. Like an episode of McGyver years ago: He was inside a
nuclear reactor and the control for the 'alarm system' was built on
Radio Shack perf board.

Good thing, I've talked with many friends over the years about how
They got Missile (etc) Security all wrong - and the consensus was
usually "Do you really want them to get it right?"

How would they know when they got it right?

Michael A. Terrell July 28th 12 10:52 PM

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"HeyBub" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 06:39:30 -0500
typed in alt.survival the following:

* Holmes WAS wearing a "ballistic nylon" vest. Ignorant journalists
immediately morphed this into "body armor." Something made of "ballistic
nylon" won't stop squat, let alone a bullet.

What is, exactly "ballistic nylon"?

Nylon panties worn by mail carriers who are about to 'Go Postal'. ;-)

Michael A. Terrell July 28th 12 11:05 PM

Jim Wilkins wrote:

wrote in message

It's the stuff that modern luggage is made out of. It's
lightweight, somewhat
water resistant, and rips don't propagate easily. I has nothing to
do with
being faster than a bullet or more powerful than a speeding train.
It won't
even jump tall buildings.

http://www.military-quotes.com/jokes/military-humor.htm
Scroll to Rank Recognition Made Easy at the bottom.

The 'Snakes' part was pretty good, too. :)

The Daring Dufas[_8_] July 28th 12 11:16 PM

Lets roll!

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I've been thinking of getting a firearm again but the only problem for
me is my arthritic hands. I can't even shake hand with folks at times
because of it and I cant imagine the pain the recoil of any type gun
would cause me much less being able to hold on to the darn thing. The
last pistol I owned was a 9mm Browning Hi-Power which really didn't have
that much kick with standard ball or semi-wadcutter ammo but I had it
loaded with military surplus sub machine gun ammo and the darn thing
kicked like a mule and sounded like a howitzer going off. I'll have to
get a sissy gun I suppose but those can be deadly too. ^_^

Elephant guns are for shooting elephants, so Sissy guns are for
shooting liberal sissies? ;-)

Well, a sissy isn't going to attack me unless you think I could die from
having my butt grabbed. O_o

TDD

Oren[_2_] July 28th 12 11:16 PM

Ballistic Nylon - what is it? Lets roll!

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Big-Bloomers-Makes-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL-Knickers-for-Extra-Large-Women-2.jpg

The Daring Dufas[_8_] July 28th 12 11:29 PM

Lets roll!

On 7/28/2012 10:55 AM, Dustin wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

[...]

Many folks are having problems with those cute little guns so I'd be
looking at something else. The only pistol that ever seemed to fit my
hand was a Desert Eagle .50 cal. ^_^

TDD

rbowman July 28th 12 11:31 PM

Lets roll!

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I was thinking about getting SWMBO a Walther PPK/S but couldn't decide on
.32 or .380.

Historically, the manufacturers run .380 for a while and then switch back to
9mm, which is their bread and butter. That's made it relatively scarce at
times. That may change with the increasing popularity.

When the shelves were stripped bare after the election, about the only thing
left was .32. so i gues that's the good news. Mouse guns just never went
over well in cowboy country.

rbowman July 28th 12 11:34 PM

Lets roll!

pyotr filipivich wrote:

But I'm afraid if I walk into the local gun store and ask for a
"Sissy Gun" I will be laughed at. And that could be bad for my
self-esteemed. (Or, like Agorn*, I could chose to be amused.)

If I chose to walk in and buy one of those pink Walthers, the clerks might
be amused, but I bet they'd wait for me to hit the parking lot before
chuckling.

The Daring Dufas[_8_] July 28th 12 11:38 PM

Lets roll!

On 7/28/2012 2:10 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
[...]

Some of my cop friends have dealt with violent critters hopped up on
angel dust and one of the dusted had his legs shot to bits but kept
coming at the officers like he didn't notice. It took a head shot to
put him down. There are zombies among us so we must be vigilant. O_o

TDD

rbowman July 28th 12 11:38 PM

Lets roll!

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Many folks are having problems with those cute little guns so I'd be
looking at something else. The only pistol that ever seemed to fit my
hand was a Desert Eagle .50 cal. ^_^

They aren't bad as long as you have a small boy for a gun bearer. I don't
think they make a comfortable IWB holster for them...

Oren[_2_] July 28th 12 11:40 PM

Lets roll!

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:29:22 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Take a look at the walther 22 semi pistol
http://www.americanrifleman.org/arti...er-p22-review/

I've shot a few of them.. small calibre, but if you can't make the bad guy
**** off after emptying the clip of CCI stingers, you have a bigger
problem anyway. :)

Many folks are having problems with those cute little guns so I'd be
looking at something else. The only pistol that ever seemed to fit my
hand was a Desert Eagle .50 cal. ^_^

TDD

You must have big feet :-\

--
WARNING: My dog is armed and refuses to take his medication

[email protected] July 28th 12 11:48 PM

Lets roll!

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:19:22 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Dustin wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Wounding a druggie will only be ****ed off. A sane mugger will
retreat upon sight of the weapon and not stop to look at the bore.
The slasher the other day was subdued by his eyeballs after seeing
the weapon.

Wounding? with a clip of stingers? You must be a terrible shot. [g]

Yeah, it happens. It can take a lot to convince someone high on PCP that he's
dead.

Keith does most of his shooting with an electron gun. ;-)

Nope, never designed with at toob in my life. I'm too young. ;-)

The Daring Dufas[_8_] July 28th 12 11:51 PM

Lets roll!

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I've been thinking of getting a firearm again but the only problem for
me is my arthritic hands. I can't even shake hand with folks at times
because of it and I cant imagine the pain the recoil of any type gun
would cause me much less being able to hold on to the darn thing. The
last pistol I owned was a 9mm Browning Hi-Power which really didn't have
that much kick with standard ball or semi-wadcutter ammo but I had it
loaded with military surplus sub machine gun ammo and the darn thing
kicked like a mule and sounded like a howitzer going off. I'll have to
get a sissy gun I suppose but those can be deadly too. ^_^

Elephant guns are for shooting elephants, so Sissy guns are for
shooting liberal sissies? ;-)

What worries me is a home defense situation where I'm awakened by a
goblin at the door and my hands don't work too well when I'm first
awakened. If I close my hands, one or more fingers stick and won't
open normally until my hands warmup. Long gone are the days when I
could jump out of bed and spring into action. I've seen some material
on modifying trigger assemblies on home defense shotguns to make it
easier for someone with arthritis to fire the weapon. I live in pain
but it would be a lot worse if I sat around instead of pushing myself.
Me and JH are looking for a young guy to help us pull wire and cable
and climb around in ceilings, someone around 50 years old. ^_^

TDD

[email protected] July 29th 12 12:00 AM

Lets roll!

wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:49:34 -0500, "Doug" wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 17:39:48 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

om...

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

Gunner's got you pretty well nailed; Ignorati.

Oren[_2_] July 29th 12 12:05 AM

Lets roll!

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:51:25 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

What worries me is a home defense situation where I'm awakened by a
goblin at the door and my hands don't work too well when I'm first
awakened. If I close my hands, one or more fingers stick and won't
open normally until my hands warmup. Long gone are the days when I
could jump out of bed and spring into action. I've seen some material
on modifying trigger assemblies on home defense shotguns to make it
easier for someone with arthritis to fire the weapon. I live in pain
but it would be a lot worse if I sat around instead of pushing myself.
Me and JH are looking for a young guy to help us pull wire and cable
and climb around in ceilings, someone around 50 years old. ^_^

TDD

Just the other night, Sons of Guns had a customer with nerve damage in
his hands. He cold not rack the slide to charge the weapon, except
under his arm pit (do not do this at home kids).

They put a "T" handle on the slide, like an M-16 / AR-15 so he could
operate the weapon. He was all giggly afterwards. Using just to
fingers ...

Stephanie is my 'girlfriend, but she doesn't know it yet :-\

The Daring Dufas[_8_] July 29th 12 12:17 AM

Lets roll!

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Heck, I'm disabled, can't run and I'm not bullet proof

Have you been reading my mail? :(

Na, you're probably a member of the invisible work force in this country
like me and the guys I work with. We get no help from the government,
heck, we've been turned away and told them to get screwed.
We work as hard as we can when we can in order to survive. My old Hippie
roommate was actually getting help from Social Security and
Medicare/Medicade or whatever the heck it's called and he died the first
part of this month. He walked out of the county hospital with an IV bag
of blood in his arm and was later found unconscious at a bus stop. He
wound up back at the hospital in ICU in a coma for a month before coming
out of it long enough to say goodby to his sister. He and his older
brother who died earlier this year because of the same self destructive
behavior now reside in their sister's closet in 2 rather small boxes of
ashes. The two idiots partied themselves to death with
drugs, alcohol and inhalation of the byproducts of combustion from
various legal and illegal substances. Me, I've never touched any of
that crap and my problems are due to accumulated injuries over more
than a half century. The damage adds up but I keep on truckin. ^_^

A Veteran I know was found dead in her rented home recently. She had
been trying to get disbility. She served at the wrong time to get non
service connected, and SS screwed her around so long that it killed her.
:(

I'm not a veteran but I know it's a shame the way or military veterans
are treated by our government. Hell, Islamic terrorist prisoners are
probably treated with more respect. I tried to join twice but was turned
away for medical reasons. Funny thing, I was in college during The
Vietnam War and my contemporaries were running to Canada, shooting a toe
off, claiming to be queer or a minister in The Kazoo Church. I tried to
join and was turned down. It was 35 years before I discovered the secret
to avoiding the military during The Vietnam era, it was "allergies", if
you had allergies you weren't any good for target practice. I found it
out after telling a friend who was a retired recruiter for The Army. He
told me "allergies" was THE BIG SECRET for legally avoiding The Draft.
Heck I signed up for The Air Force because they had the best electronic
toys. It was a big disappointment to be turned down. O_o

TDD

The Daring Dufas[_8_] July 29th 12 12:26 AM

Lets roll!

HeyBub wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

would have provided. Of course, you can't expect a script writer to
know that. Like an episode of McGyver years ago: He was inside a
nuclear reactor and the control for the 'alarm system' was built on
Radio Shack perf board.

Do you laugh your ass off watching low budget SciFi shows where the
engine room of the giant alien space cruiser is actually a chiller
plant for an big building's air conditioning system? Placards with
alien looking symbols cover the nameplates with Carrier, York, Trane
and Square D printed on them. It hurts to laugh that hard sometimes. ^_^

TDD

The Daring Dufas[_8_] July 29th 12 12:33 AM

Lets roll!

On 7/28/2012 6:20 AM, HeyBub wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

It's bad enough that the critters are stealing the darn things for the
metal. Now the idiot dope dealers will get into the act thinking they
can erase any data law enforcement has on them. O_o

TDD

Oren[_2_] July 29th 12 12:35 AM

Lets roll!

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 16:28:31 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

I was thinking about getting SWMBO a Walther PPK/S but couldn't decide on .32
or .380.

380. Only James Bond would depend on the .32

And the .380 is "way way light"

A .380 in the pocket is better than a .380 in the truck.

.... just sayin'