Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cap off unused outdoor power?

On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 22:44:03 GMT, Bruce
m wrote:

replying to Stormin' Norman, Bruce wrote:
Here u go STNRNM? I hope I'm posting right.
Thanks
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/9y

Alright, I looked at the picture. Which wires to you want to
disconnect? The power being supplied to the small pump marked
"Hayward"?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 6:44:08 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
replying to trader_4, Bruce wrote:
Here u go trader.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/9x

I wasn't sure what I was looking at first, but I think I figured
it out. The pic, it looked at first like the green bonding wire
came out of the flex conduit, but I think that's just the way
the pic was taken and the bonding wire is separate.

So what you want to cap off is the black tape ends sticking
out of the flex metal conduit, I think. The solution would be to
disconnect it at the box end, cover the hole with a blank.
How did you wind up with just short stub wires sticking out?

But then I'm wondering what that flex metal conduit is doing in
a wet location to begin with. It's not code today,
IDK the history of whether it was code in the past or not.

One thing for sure, I'd make sure there is a GFCI breaker on
that whole rig.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to trader_4, Bruce wrote:
Thanks T4. Know what wire nuts are called wire caps. Not learning.
Trying to get advice for a better outcome.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-704897-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bruce posted for all of us...

replying to trader_4, Bruce wrote:
It is a 220 conduit filled wire that was for the seat bubbles but the device
eroded over time. So there were the 2 wires sticking out, smoking or sparking
at times. I taped the wires off to try to make sure that would slow things
down and be safer.. I'm not sure what a wire nut is so if you can tell me that
would help. I am in the process of getting the tub going again and want it
to be safe. Please let me know. Thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-704897-.htm

I wasn't aware one needed electricity to make bubbles come out of the seat.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 2:11:24 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:
Bruce posted for all of us...

replying to trader_4, Bruce wrote:
It is a 220 conduit filled wire that was for the seat bubbles but the device
eroded over time. So there were the 2 wires sticking out, smoking or sparking
at times. I taped the wires off to try to make sure that would slow things
down and be safer.. I'm not sure what a wire nut is so if you can tell me that
would help. I am in the process of getting the tub going again and want it
to be safe. Please let me know. Thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-704897-.htm

I wasn't aware one needed electricity to make bubbles come out of the seat.

--
Tekkie

That's how you get bubbles in the spas I've seen. They have an air blower.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 11:16:38 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

Think about it for a moment.......
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 posted for all of us...

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 11:44:09 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
replying to DerbyDad03, Bruce wrote:
Thanks., I do know what a wire nut is but didn't know that's what they were
called. Is using the wire nuts and electrical tape enough to safely operate
the hot tub? No water back in it yet.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-704897-.htm

How can you possibly expect anyone here to answer that question?
We have no way of knowing what you have there, no pic, nothing.
Nor do we know how it was installed or what's right or wrong.
I'm with Derby, get an electrician before you kill someone.
IDK how you could have wires sticking out, smoking, sparking at
a spa to begin with.

+1000 on that!

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 17:14:04 GMT, Bruce
m wrote:

replying to bob, Bruce wrote:
How should I cap off to remove one of the wires in conduit not be used coming
out from my hot tubs junction box that is separate from the outside electrical
panel?

Bruce,

Have your questions been answered about this? If not, take a look at
my last reply to you and give me some details.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 2:19:42 PM UTC-4, Stormin' Norman wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 11:16:38 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 2:11:24 PM UTC-4, TekkieŽ wrote:
Bruce posted for all of us...

replying to trader_4, Bruce wrote:
It is a 220 conduit filled wire that was for the seat bubbles but the device
eroded over time. So there were the 2 wires sticking out, smoking or sparking
at times. I taped the wires off to try to make sure that would slow things
down and be safer.. I'm not sure what a wire nut is so if you can tell me that
would help. I am in the process of getting the tub going again and want it
to be safe. Please let me know. Thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-704897-.htm

I wasn't aware one needed electricity to make bubbles come out of the seat.

--
Tekkie

That's how you get bubbles in the spas I've seen. They have an air blower.

Think about it for a moment.......

I have, if you have a point, why not just make it, instead of wasting space?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You really have a stick up your ass son.

I will let you dwell on it for a little while, eventually you might
realize he was trying to make a joke.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, but at least I can look at the clear pics he posted, make sense
of it and answer his question. He showed exactly what he described,
yet you're here still unable to answer it. Now go play in the street.
Posted to alt.home.repair

You really have a stick up your ass son.

I will let you dwell on it for a little while, eventually you might
realize he was trying to make a joke.

Yeah, but at least I can look at the clear pics he posted, make sense
of it and answer his question. He showed exactly what he described,
yet you're here still unable to answer it. Now go play in the street.

Trader, I have no doubt you are far more intelligent and superior to
me in every way, in fact, I freely admit such.

It is not at all surprising that you would not get a simple fart joke,
such things are far beneath your towering intellect.......
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 12:06:11 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

You really have a stick up your ass son.

I will let you dwell on it for a little while, eventually you might
realize he was trying to make a joke.

Yeah, but at least I can look at the clear pics he posted, make sense
of it and answer his question. He showed exactly what he described,
yet you're here still unable to answer it. Now go play in the street.

Trader, I was wondering, have you always been this overly emotional,
bordering on histrionic, or does it only happen when you run short of
your meds?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 15:55:21 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

That's how you get bubbles in the spas I've seen. They have an air blower.

Think about it for a moment.......

I have, if you have a point, why not just make it, instead of wasting space?

flatulence

That is "beneath" Trader........ groan........

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You really have a stick up your ass son.

I will let you dwell on it for a little while, eventually you might
realize he was trying to make a joke.

Yeah, but at least I can look at the clear pics he posted, make sense
of it and answer his question. He showed exactly what he described,
yet you're here still unable to answer it. Now go play in the street.

Trader, I was wondering, have you always been this overly emotional,
bordering on histrionic, or does it only happen when you run short of
your meds?

Like I said, at least I can look at the clear pics the guy posted
and answer his AHR question. As for histrionics, seems that's the pot
calling the kettle black, with all your histrionics over Trump.
You can even bring up Nixon (GOP negatively) and Truman ( Democrat, positively),
but heh, no one better mention Hillary, that's simply not allowed.

ROFL!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It really bothers you when someone points out you have introduced red
herrings and opened up rabbit holes. You should work on that,
inability to accept criticism is one of your major character flaws.

You also have a decided persecution complex, which is funny because
you attack everyone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 13:55:09 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 6:48:57 AM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 1:14:09 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
replying to trader_4, Bruce wrote:
It is a 220 conduit filled wire that was for the seat bubbles but the device
eroded over time. So there were the 2 wires sticking out, smoking or sparking
at times. I taped the wires off to try to make sure that would slow things
down and be safer.. I'm not sure what a wire nut is so if you can tell me that
would help. I am in the process of getting the tub going again and want it
to be safe. Please let me know. Thanks

Google is a useful utility.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en_US&q=wire%20nut

I'm all for learning how to DIY, but if you've got sparking and smoking wires near water and don't
know what a wire nut is, this is not the best project to hone your electrical skills on.

I strongly suggest calling an electrician before you hurt yourself or a loved one.

I strongly suspect a troll. Sparking and smoking 240V wires sticking out
by a spa where a blower was disconnected?

Awww is it scaring you?

--
This exchange was overheard between the separated sections of the jail.
A male voice yells over to the female side: "I got 12 inches over here you would love to have."

Old power tools unused for years - what maintenance is needed? [email protected] Woodworking 14 September 30th 10 01:42 PM
Power washing a clogged outdoor drain? Carthell Home Ownership 1 August 26th 07 01:07 PM
Low Power Outdoor Electronic Signs Electronics 3 January 3rd 07 02:09 PM
Hi-Tuf or flex for outdoor power extension Stephen Gower UK diy 5 June 8th 06 11:17 PM
Does unused mortar go bad Mike Home Repair 2 March 9th 05 11:28 PM