Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Still trying: Where can I get 1/4" solid rubber tubing (no holes)?

Here is a picture of the closest I can find in the hardware stores:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8455139.jpg

What I need is rubber 1/4" tubing with no holes (a long cylinder).

Any ideas where to get a solid 1/4" round rubber tubular gasket about 2
or 3 feet long?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 9, 2:20*pm, "Arklin K." wrote:
Here is a picture of the closest I can find in the hardware stores:
*http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8455139.jpg

What I need is rubber 1/4" tubing with no holes (a long cylinder).

Any ideas where to get a solid 1/4" round rubber tubular gasket about 2
or 3 feet long?

look instead for rubber ROD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Arklin K." wrote in message
Here is a picture of the closest I can find in the hardware stores:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8455139.jpg

What I need is rubber 1/4" tubing with no holes (a long cylinder).

Any ideas where to get a solid 1/4" round rubber tubular gasket about 2
or 3 feet long?

McMaster Carr

http://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber/=hwo0tz

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tubing has a hole in the center.

If there's no hole, it's a rod, or something other than a tube.

Make up your mind.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Arklin K." wrote in message
Here is a picture of the closest I can find in the hardware stores:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8455139.jpg

What I need is rubber 1/4" tubing with no holes (a long cylinder).

Any ideas where to get a solid 1/4" round rubber tubular gasket about 2
or 3 feet long?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 21:20:59 +0000 (UTC), "Arklin K."
wrote:

Here is a picture of the closest I can find in the hardware stores:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8455139.jpg

What I need is rubber 1/4" tubing with no holes (a long cylinder).

Any ideas where to get a solid 1/4" round rubber tubular gasket about 2
or 3 feet long?

It appears you wanr solid rubber spline or backing rod, not tubing -
as tubing, by definition, is hollow and open at both ends.

I believe backer rod is what you are looking for - it is availavle in
open cell, closed cell, soft and firm, among other variants. Check the
Borg.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Here is a picture of the closest I can find in the hardware stores:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8455139.jpg

What I need is rubber 1/4" tubing with no holes (a long cylinder).

Any ideas where to get a solid 1/4" round rubber tubular gasket about 2
or 3 feet long?

It appears you wanr solid rubber spline or backing rod, not tubing -
as tubing, by definition, is hollow and open at both ends.

I believe backer rod is what you are looking for - it is availavle in
open cell, closed cell, soft and firm, among other variants. Check the
Borg.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-rubber-cords/=hws47u

Nine different materials available.
Posted to alt.home.repair
NSN NSN is offline

wrote:

Here is a picture of the closest I can find in the hardware stores:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8455139.jpg

What I need is rubber 1/4" tubing with no holes (a long cylinder).

Any ideas where to get a solid 1/4" round rubber tubular gasket about 2
or 3 feet long?

Check with McMaster Carr . Look at their O-ring section. Yoy can get a
length as long as you want.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Arklin K." wrote in message
Here is a picture of the closest I can find in the hardware stores:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8455139.jpg

What I need is rubber 1/4" tubing with no holes (a long cylinder).

Any ideas where to get a solid 1/4" round rubber tubular gasket about 2
or 3 feet long?

If it has a hole through the middle of it, it is called tubing. If it is
solid, it is called rod. This might assist you in your quest, Sancho.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

AutoZone, O'Rielly's, Pepboys... any automotive outlet has air lines,
gas/fuel lines, etc., ..... thick walled rubber hoses with as little
as 1/8" hole in the tubing.

Sonny
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 18:03:28 -0400, Meanie wrote:

Interesting. I've been looking all wrong.

I found pull through plugs (which might work):
http://www.mcmaster.com/#pull-through-plugs/=hxmh42

And, I found tapered plugs:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber-stoppers/=hxm1ts

So now I'm looking through the possibilities.