Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Still trying: Where can I get 1/4" solid rubber tubing (no holes)?

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 22:13:47 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 21:20:59 +0000 (UTC), "Arklin K."
wrote:

Here is a picture of the closest I can find in the hardware stores:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8455139.jpg

What I need is rubber 1/4" tubing with no holes (a long cylinder).

Any ideas where to get a solid 1/4" round rubber tubular gasket about 2
or 3 feet long?

It appears you wanr solid rubber spline or backing rod, not tubing -
as tubing, by definition, is hollow and open at both ends.

I believe backer rod is what you are looking for - it is availavle in
open cell, closed cell, soft and firm, among other variants. Check the
Borg.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-rubber-cords/=hws47u

Nine different materials available.