Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wheely Tool carrier

I got one of these from HF:
http://www.harborfreight.com/20-inch...-bag-3264.html
Used it a couple times, to transport tools from my van to a work location.
Worked nicely. I really liked it. Much easier than carrying a tool box,
materials, cordless drill, etc.

But.... yesterday I piled some tools in, and the bag dragged on the ground.
Seems that the rigid floor of the bag had broken, and the bag was now limp
and dragging, instead of rigid and rolling on the (rather tiny) wheels.

I know it's impossible to get good, and cheap, both. But what is a
reasonably priced way to move tools from the van into a store? Something on
wheels, with a handle I can use to pull the tools along.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I got one of these from HF:
http://www.harborfreight.com/20-inch...-bag-3264.html
Used it a couple times, to transport tools from my van to a work
location. Worked nicely. I really liked it. Much easier than carrying
a tool box, materials, cordless drill, etc.

But.... yesterday I piled some tools in, and the bag dragged on the
ground. Seems that the rigid floor of the bag had broken, and the bag
was now limp and dragging, instead of rigid and rolling on the
(rather tiny) wheels.

I know it's impossible to get good, and cheap, both. But what is a
reasonably priced way to move tools from the van into a store?
Something on wheels, with a handle I can use to pull the tools along.

A little red wagon.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/2012 5:55 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I got one of these from HF:
http://www.harborfreight.com/20-inch...-bag-3264.html
Used it a couple times, to transport tools from my van to a work location.
Worked nicely. I really liked it. Much easier than carrying a tool box,
materials, cordless drill, etc.

was now limp and dragging, instead of rigid

It happens with age :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

If nothing else works, I may try that. My service van is red, much the same
color as Radio Flyer wagons. Could be the answer.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Something on wheels, with a handle I can use to pull the tools along.

A little red wagon.

--

dadiOH

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, it goes along with my grey hair, bifocals,
missing teeth, and got to pee every hour.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"IGot2P"
wrote in message ...

was now limp and dragging, instead of rigid

It happens with age :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I got one of these from HF:
http://www.harborfreight.com/20-inch...-bag-3264.html
Used it a couple times, to transport tools from my van to a work
location. Worked nicely. I really liked it. Much easier than carrying
a tool box, materials, cordless drill, etc.

But.... yesterday I piled some tools in, and the bag dragged on the
ground. Seems that the rigid floor of the bag had broken, and the bag
was now limp and dragging, instead of rigid and rolling on the
(rather tiny) wheels.

I know it's impossible to get good, and cheap, both. But what is a
reasonably priced way to move tools from the van into a store?
Something on wheels, with a handle I can use to pull the tools along.

A little red wagon.

--

dadiOH

I designed a whole system when I had my work truck. It got rear-ended, so I
took the box off. I made a flatbed, I beam supports, overhead rack to work
on top for carports, and an I beam for loading and unloading a work cart.

On that work cart was a 16hp Lincoln welder, and on top of that a expanded
metal tray, and some hangers for cords, etc. I had a Dayton lift with
Dayton I beam dolly.

We'd roll up, unstrap, take the rolling cart off, toss clamps, drills,
grinder, etc, in the tray, throw on a cord, and take off to an interior pool
to do some fence or gate repair. I had it in an elevator many many times.

Time is money, and when you are hassling with your tools, you ain't working.

So, tell me, Mormie, how did that cheap bag work out? Got what you paid
for, eh?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

I got one of these from HF:
http://www.harborfreight.com/20-inch...-bag-3264.html
Used it a couple times, to transport tools from my van to a work location.
Worked nicely. I really liked it. Much easier than carrying a tool box,
materials, cordless drill, etc.

But.... yesterday I piled some tools in, and the bag dragged on the ground.
Seems that the rigid floor of the bag had broken, and the bag was now limp
and dragging, instead of rigid and rolling on the (rather tiny) wheels.

I know it's impossible to get good, and cheap, both. But what is a
reasonably priced way to move tools from the van into a store? Something on
wheels, with a handle I can use to pull the tools along.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Could you put in your own beefed up floor... like maybe from a piece of
3/8" plywood or some such?

Erik
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm going to check on that, Monday. Might be able to. Other than the flimsy
floor, the rest of the bag is in fairly good shape.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Erik" wrote in message news:spam-

Could you put in your own beefed up floor... like maybe from a piece of
3/8" plywood or some such?

Erik

Posted to alt.home.repair

Erik wrote in
:

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

[...]

Heh,a "tool user" who would rather throw away his "broke" tool bag than
improve it with a stronger floorboard. Kinda ironic.

a 1/4" plywood thickness would probably suffice.
You can get a small piece from a craft or hobby store.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/12 5:55 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I got one of these from HF:
http://www.harborfreight.com/20-inch...-bag-3264.html
Used it a couple times, to transport tools from my van to a work location.
Worked nicely. I really liked it. Much easier than carrying a tool box,
materials, cordless drill, etc.

But.... yesterday I piled some tools in, and the bag dragged on the ground.
Seems that the rigid floor of the bag had broken, and the bag was now limp
and dragging, instead of rigid and rolling on the (rather tiny) wheels.

I know it's impossible to get good, and cheap, both. But what is a
reasonably priced way to move tools from the van into a store? Something on
wheels, with a handle I can use to pull the tools along.

Maybe with a little modification.
http://tinyurl.com/6woffmk

???????

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/12 5:55 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I got one of these from HF:
http://www.harborfreight.com/20-inch...-bag-3264.html
Used it a couple times, to transport tools from my van to a work location.
Worked nicely. I really liked it. Much easier than carrying a tool box,
materials, cordless drill, etc.

But.... yesterday I piled some tools in, and the bag dragged on the ground.
Seems that the rigid floor of the bag had broken, and the bag was now limp
and dragging, instead of rigid and rolling on the (rather tiny) wheels.

I know it's impossible to get good, and cheap, both. But what is a
reasonably priced way to move tools from the van into a store? Something on
wheels, with a handle I can use to pull the tools along.

This maybe: http://tinyurl.com/7zbd56a

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 05 May 2012 23:13:09 -0500, Dean Hoffman
" wrote:

[...]

A bagage cart and a travel case - or a bucket.

Slightly OT - Wheely bin compactors Tim W[_2_] UK diy 73 December 4th 09 12:46 PM
Old 2-ton Carrier AC alextexsuarez Home Repair 3 October 9th 09 01:37 AM
Old 2-ton Carrier AC alextexsuarez Home Repair 0 October 8th 09 09:21 PM
OT - Love your Wheely Bin John UK diy 15 October 1st 09 11:19 AM
Wickes Tool Carrier The Medway Handyman UK diy 14 January 6th 07 02:15 PM