Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Wheely Tool carrier

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I got one of these from HF:
http://www.harborfreight.com/20-inch...-bag-3264.html
Used it a couple times, to transport tools from my van to a work
location. Worked nicely. I really liked it. Much easier than carrying
a tool box, materials, cordless drill, etc.

But.... yesterday I piled some tools in, and the bag dragged on the
ground. Seems that the rigid floor of the bag had broken, and the bag
was now limp and dragging, instead of rigid and rolling on the
(rather tiny) wheels.

I know it's impossible to get good, and cheap, both. But what is a
reasonably priced way to move tools from the van into a store?
Something on wheels, with a handle I can use to pull the tools along.

A little red wagon.

--

dadiOH

I designed a whole system when I had my work truck. It got rear-ended, so I
took the box off. I made a flatbed, I beam supports, overhead rack to work
on top for carports, and an I beam for loading and unloading a work cart.

On that work cart was a 16hp Lincoln welder, and on top of that a expanded
metal tray, and some hangers for cords, etc. I had a Dayton lift with
Dayton I beam dolly.

We'd roll up, unstrap, take the rolling cart off, toss clamps, drills,
grinder, etc, in the tray, throw on a cord, and take off to an interior pool
to do some fence or gate repair. I had it in an elevator many many times.

Time is money, and when you are hassling with your tools, you ain't working.

So, tell me, Mormie, how did that cheap bag work out? Got what you paid
for, eh?

Steve