Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage Door will not close

Craftsman 1/2

Last week I had my trailer half way in my garage and out. Son closed the
door and it hit my trailer and bent the top door.
I had to get get another door and put it on. Got it on fine all lined up.

I then close the door door gets to the bottom and does no stay down it goes
right back up every time.
It will not stay down...

David
Tennessee

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/28/12 06:59 pm, Jack Valance wrote:
Craftsman 1/2

Last week I had my trailer half way in my garage and out. Son closed the
door and it hit my trailer and bent the top door.
I had to get get another door and put it on. Got it on fine all lined up.

I then close the door door gets to the bottom and does no stay down it goes
right back up every time.
It will not stay down...

Did you re-"train" the opener with the new door?

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jack Valance wrote:
Craftsman 1/2

Last week I had my trailer half way in my garage and out. Son closed
the door and it hit my trailer and bent the top door.
I had to get get another door and put it on. Got it on fine all lined
up.
I then close the door door gets to the bottom and does no stay down
it goes right back up every time.
It will not stay down...

I assume an electric garage door opener is involved somehow.

Read the manual for the opener (or find it on-line). In it will be
instructions for adjusting the door travel.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 28, 5:59*pm, "Jack Valance" wrote:
Craftsman 1/2

Last week I had my trailer half way in my garage and out. *Son closed the
door and it hit my trailer and bent the top door.
I had to get get another door and put it on. Got it on fine all lined up.

I then close the door door gets to the bottom and does no stay down it goes
right back up every time.
It will not stay down...

David
Tennessee

The door is probably hittint the ground too hard and the auto-
reversing feature is kickig in thinking that something is blocking the
door. Find the adjustment info in the owners installation manual and
adjust accordingly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jack Valance" wrote in message
m...
Craftsman 1/2

Last week I had my trailer half way in my garage and out. Son closed the
door and it hit my trailer and bent the top door.
I had to get get another door and put it on. Got it on fine all lined up.

I then close the door door gets to the bottom and does no stay down it
goes right back up every time.
It will not stay down...

If you replaced the entire door, you may not have mounted the opener
attachment arm in the exact same spot as the old door and thus, you may have
to readjust the limit switch.

Also ensure the door is balanced. An unbalanced door could do the same,
especially one which falls heavy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks

a.. 3
Adjust the travel dial using your flathead screwdriver. The back of the
garage door control unit should have two dials that are inset in to the
units case. The dial on the right hand side will reduce or lengthen the
amount of travel the door has, based on which way you turn it. If the door
isn't closing all the way, adjust to the left. Adjust a one-half turn and
open and close the door. Adjust either way as necessary.

a.. 4
Adjust the torsion dial with the screwdriver. The torsion dial is on the
left hand side on the back of the control panel and regulates how much
pressure the door has when opening and closing. If you can't get the door to
go up when it's down, you may have to raise the torsion by turning the dial
to the right. If the door closes and then starts back up, you might have too
much torsion.

Read mo How to Adjust a Craftsman Garage Door | eHow.com
http://www.ehow.com/how_5523392_adju...#ixzz1tR0rucY1

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 29, 8:16*am, "Jack Valance" wrote:
[...]

Read mo How to Adjust a Craftsman Garage Door | eHow.comhttp://www.ehow.com/how_5523392_adjust-craftsman-garage-door.html#ixz...

OK - did you fix the problem?????
Posted to alt.home.repair

OK - did you fix the problem?????

The problem is fixed just a turn of the screw