Posted to alt.home.repair

Default small stiring heating unit

I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/16/2012 11:36 AM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

You are looking for resistance wire that is 3/8 inch in diameter? Are
you kidding?

Bet you are looking at something like a GE Calrod. That is a metal tube
with resistance wire wound inside. Like on a kitchen electric range.

Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

On 3/16/2012 11:36 AM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

Wow, I've never seen 3/8" nichrome wire before. You'd need a massive
power supply to heat that wire, hundreds of amps.

The thickest that McMaster sells is 0.064". You're looking for something
six times as thick.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#nickel-chromium-(nichrome)-wire/=gox3c8

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/16/2012 2:36 PM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

It does sound like you're looking for a heating element, not a
resistance wire. Why not replace the heater?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/16/2012 2:01 PM, SMS wrote:
On 3/16/2012 11:36 AM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

Wow, I've never seen 3/8" nichrome wire before. You'd need a massive
power supply to heat that wire, hundreds of amps.

The thickest that McMaster sells is 0.064". You're looking for something
six times as thick.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#nickel-chromium-(nichrome)-wire/=gox3c8

is it coiled and the coil is 3/8" in diameter?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:06:00 -0400, RBM wrote:

On 3/16/2012 2:36 PM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

It does sound like you're looking for a heating element, not a
resistance wire. Why not replace the heater?

It is not a heater. It is a unit with a heated surface and a pan with
a special column thru which a column and it supports a special
stirring paddle. We have searched for such.

From my assistants email
" Tefal no longer advertises it as you said and it didn’t mention
parts available under the section for repair. I will keep looking."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/16/2012 6:10 PM, joevan wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:06:00 -0400, wrote:

On 3/16/2012 2:36 PM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

It does sound like you're looking for a heating element, not a
resistance wire. Why not replace the heater?

It is not a heater. It is a unit with a heated surface and a pan with
a special column thru which a column and it supports a special
stirring paddle. We have searched for such.

From my assistants email
" Tefal no longer advertises it as you said and it didn’t mention
parts available under the section for repair. I will keep looking."

OK, It sounds like some type of Calrod. On one end of the rod there
should be a wattage and voltage stamped into the metal. This should help
to locate a similar element if the manufacturer can't get you a replacement
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:13:42 -0400, RBM wrote:

On 3/16/2012 6:10 PM, joevan wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:06:00 -0400, wrote:

On 3/16/2012 2:36 PM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

It does sound like you're looking for a heating element, not a
resistance wire. Why not replace the heater?

It is not a heater. It is a unit with a heated surface and a pan with
a special column thru which a column and it supports a special
stirring paddle. We have searched for such.

From my assistants email
" Tefal no longer advertises it as you said and it didn’t mention
parts available under the section for repair. I will keep looking."

OK, It sounds like some type of Calrod. On one end of the rod there
should be a wattage and voltage stamped into the metal. This should help
to locate a similar element if the manufacturer can't get you a replacement

I could post a picture of the heat element. What is a good place to do
so?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default small stiring heating unit Picture enclosed

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:59:25 -0400, joevan
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:13:42 -0400, RBM wrote:

On 3/16/2012 6:10 PM, joevan wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:06:00 -0400, wrote:

On 3/16/2012 2:36 PM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

It does sound like you're looking for a heating element, not a
resistance wire. Why not replace the heater?
It is not a heater. It is a unit with a heated surface and a pan with
a special column thru which a column and it supports a special
stirring paddle. We have searched for such.

From my assistants email
" Tefal no longer advertises it as you said and it didn’t mention
parts available under the section for repair. I will keep looking."

OK, It sounds like some type of Calrod. On one end of the rod there
should be a wattage and voltage stamped into the metal. This should help
to locate a similar element if the manufacturer can't get you a replacement

I could post a picture of the heat element. What is a good place to do
so?

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3622/img0177rj.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/16/2012 3:10 PM, joevan wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:06:00 -0400, wrote:

On 3/16/2012 2:36 PM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

It does sound like you're looking for a heating element, not a
resistance wire. Why not replace the heater?

It is not a heater. It is a unit with a heated surface and a pan with
a special column thru which a column and it supports a special
stirring paddle. We have searched for such.

From my assistants email
" Tefal no longer advertises it as you said and it didn’t mention
parts available under the section for repair. I will keep looking."

The calrod type heating element will either work or it won't. It won't
produce less and less heat.

Look to the temperature control adjustment I see on the left of the
picture. It appears to be a simple compression device that changes the
gap between two contact points. Disassemble this unit and clean the
contacts. They will burn and oxidize over time and result in exactly
what you are experiencing in reduced heat.

It all looks custom made, so you probably can't find a replacement
control short of the factory.

Paul

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:13:42 -0400, wrote:

On 3/16/2012 6:10 PM, joevan wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:06:00 -0400, wrote:

On 3/16/2012 2:36 PM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

It does sound like you're looking for a heating element, not a
resistance wire. Why not replace the heater?
It is not a heater. It is a unit with a heated surface and a pan with
a special column thru which a column and it supports a special
stirring paddle. We have searched for such.

From my assistants email
" Tefal no longer advertises it as you said and it didn’t mention
parts available under the section for repair. I will keep looking."

OK, It sounds like some type of Calrod. On one end of the rod there
should be a wattage and voltage stamped into the metal. This should help
to locate a similar element if the manufacturer can't get you a replacement

I could post a picture of the heat element. What is a good place to do
so?

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3622/img0177rj.jpg

You might try these folks and see what they can do for you

http://www.wattco.com/tubular-heaters.html

http://www.chromalox.com/

http://asbheat.com/01_html/products/..._heaters.shtml
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

OK, It sounds like some type of Calrod. On one end of the rod there
should be a wattage and voltage stamped into the metal. This should help
to locate a similar element if the manufacturer can't get you a replacement

I could post a picture of the heat element. What is a good place to do
so?

Photobucket, Flickr are OK
Posted to alt.home.repair

joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

If it conducts, I would expect it to provide the same heat.

I had a portable heater that felt like it doubled it's heat when I re-wired that
socket with #12 wire instead of #14. Could you have a wiring problem?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:13:42 -0400, RBM wrote:

On 3/16/2012 6:10 PM, joevan wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:06:00 -0400, *wrote:

On 3/16/2012 2:36 PM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

It does sound like you're looking for a heating element, not a
resistance wire. Why not replace the heater?
It is not a heater. It is a unit with a heated surface and a pan with
a special column thru which a column and it supports a special
stirring paddle. We have searched for such.

*From my assistants email
" Tefal no longer advertises it as you said and it didn’t mention
parts available under the section for repair. I will keep looking."

* * * *OK, It sounds like some type of Calrod. On one end of the rod there
should be a wattage and voltage stamped into the metal. This should help
to locate a similar element if the manufacturer can't get you a replacement

I could post a picture of the heat element. What is a good place to do
so?

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3622/img0177rj.jpg

Maybe a picture of the entire device would be
good also, so that how that heating element/
Calrod is being used by the appliance...

~~ Evan
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Ok I will try but to get to the heating unit I had to remove some of
the wires. They make it very difficult to get inside of newer things,
I guess to keep people from repairing them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 16, 6:10*pm, joevan wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:06:00 -0400, RBM wrote:
On 3/16/2012 2:36 PM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

It does sound like you're looking for a heating element, not a
resistance wire. Why not replace the heater?

It is not a heater. It is a unit with a heated surface and a pan with
a special column thru which a column and it supports a special
stirring paddle. We have searched for such.

From my assistants email
" Tefal no longer advertises it as you said and it didn’t mention
parts available under the section for repair. I will keep looking."

Doesn't sound like a very thorough search for a repair
part to me. Why not contact Tefal directly and just ask?
Tefal makes small consumer type appliances. If they
don't have a replacement heater for this, good chance
it's time to chuck it. I don't believe you're going to find
any universal type heating elements that will fit that
specific curved shape.

Also, something was said about it not getting hot enough
anymore? Which would seem to imply that this happened
gradually? Has someone competent determined that it
is actually the heating element as opposed to say the
thermostat that controls it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

What are you doing with this? What's the application?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"joevan" wrote in message
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:13:42 -0400, RBM wrote:

On 3/16/2012 6:10 PM, joevan wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:06:00 -0400, wrote:

On 3/16/2012 2:36 PM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of
resist wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails
to get hot enough anymore and we need it and cannot find
anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search
with.

It does sound like you're looking for a heating element, not a
resistance wire. Why not replace the heater?
It is not a heater. It is a unit with a heated surface and a pan
with a special column thru which a column and it supports a
special stirring paddle. We have searched for such.

From my assistants email
[...]

If it heats at all, the element is probably fine. Have you looked for voltage
drop elsewhere in the circuit? Is the full voltage getting to the element?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Because many small appliances can be dangerous
if you do not repair them correctly -- you definitely
will void the UL rating unless you replace what you
suspect is the faulty part with an identical one, and
given how purpose-specific that application seems
it is unlikely to be available as a replacement part...

Appliances made these days are meant to be
recycled when they fail, the high cost of some
of the replacement parts and the labor to install
them is supposed to motivate you to buy a newer
unit..

~~ Evan
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I would buy a new one if I could find one. We use it to make a special
paste used for paper repair. If it can be repaired that would be good
and would save me the 25 minutes of standing at the gas range stirring
it while the paste cooks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Here is another shot showing the wire leading to the thermostat.
Also another one showing connection wires above the heating element.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/img0180sy.jpg/
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...mg0180sy.jpg/- Hide quoted text -

You've verified that you have 120V present at the heating
element, ie that it's not the thermostat or something else
that's faulty? In my experience, it's more often something
other than the heating element itself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I need a voltage meter. I heard that harbor freight has one for 10
bucks. I will check on it now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...80sy.jpg/-Hide quoted text -

You've verified that you have 120V present at the heating
element, ie that it's not the thermostat or something else
that's faulty? *In my experience, it's more often something
other than the heating element itself.

I *need a voltage meter. I heard that harbor freight has one for 10
bucks. *I will check on it now.- Hide quoted text -

You could also hook a light bulb up across the heating element
using some jumpers. It lights, you have power. Or one of those
cheap $2 neon AC tester lights.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:13:42 -0400, RBM wrote:

On 3/16/2012 6:10 PM, joevan wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:06:00 -0400, wrote:

On 3/16/2012 2:36 PM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

It does sound like you're looking for a heating element, not a
resistance wire. Why not replace the heater?
It is not a heater. It is a unit with a heated surface and a pan with
a special column thru which a column and it supports a special
stirring paddle. We have searched for such.

From my assistants email
[...]

Looks likely a thermal cutoff under the black insulation.

Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

On 3/16/2012 11:36 AM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

That heating element (which has the nichrome heating wire inside) either
gets hot or it doesn't. Is there a thermostat or rheostat somewhere in
the circuit? Changing the heating element isn't going to help you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

joevan wrote:
I need a voltage meter. I heard that harbor freight has one for 10
bucks. I will check on it now.

Usually you can get one there for $3.

Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

On 3/17/2012 10:06 PM, Bob F wrote:
joevan wrote:
I need a voltage meter. I heard that harbor freight has one for 10
bucks. I will check on it now.

Usually you can get one there for $3.

Often for free.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:13:42 -0400, RBM wrote:

On 3/16/2012 6:10 PM, joevan wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:06:00 -0400, wrote:

On 3/16/2012 2:36 PM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of
resist wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails
to get hot enough anymore and we need it and cannot find
anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search
with.

It does sound like you're looking for a heating element, not a
resistance wire. Why not replace the heater?
It is not a heater. It is a unit with a heated surface and a pan
with a special column thru which a column and it supports a
special stirring paddle. We have searched for such.

From my assistants email
[...]

Absolutely. I should have noticed that.

Have you looked for voltage
drop elsewhere in the circuit? Is the full voltage getting to the element?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Normally yes,, but in this case he needs to know he has the full 117
volts. The neon will light with 40volts or less and it can even be
hard to judge how bright a light bulb should be when it has no shade.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 04:01:51 +0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:13:42 -0400, RBM wrote:

On 3/16/2012 6:10 PM, joevan wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:06:00 -0400, wrote:

On 3/16/2012 2:36 PM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

It does sound like you're looking for a heating element, not a
resistance wire. Why not replace the heater?
It is not a heater. It is a unit with a heated surface and a pan with
a special column thru which a column and it supports a special
stirring paddle. We have searched for such.

From my assistants email
[...]

Yes, probably has one. Those two would be all or nothing at all.

Of course maybe the thing is not hot at all anymore, and it just feels
hot because they expect it to be hot.

If a thermal fuse is burnt out, from overheating, they sell
replacements for each temperature. If the old one isn't too bad, you
can read the temp off the old one, but probably not.

And then there is connecting it to the circuit. Can't be soldered
iiuc because it will overheat in the process. Has to be crimped. I
have a crimper or I could use the rear side of wire cutters, but I
don't have the right thing that goes around it and is small enough.

Suggestions.

I was just fiddling around with something I didnt' buy and didn't
really need, so I threw it away.

Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair

I usually check the element for continuity, using a VOM.

In addition to check for voltage.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
Here is another shot showing the wire leading to the thermostat.
Also another one showing connection wires above the heating element.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...mg0180sy.jpg/- Hide quoted
text -

You've verified that you have 120V present at the heating
element, ie that it's not the thermostat or something else
that's faulty? In my experience, it's more often something
other than the heating element itself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Have you used a VOM before? Most folks who have used one, still own one from
some where.

HF has cheap VOM, and also Walmart, in the automotive section.

Sounds like time to find someone who has electrical troubleshooting skill,
and call for help. In person, not just on a usenet group.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"joevan" wrote in message
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...mg0180sy.jpg/- Hide quoted
text -

You've verified that you have 120V present at the heating
element, ie that it's not the thermostat or something else
that's faulty? In my experience, it's more often something
other than the heating element itself.

I need a voltage meter. I heard that harbor freight has one for 10
bucks. I will check on it now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

And, someone with electrical troubleshooting skill would have determined
that, already.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"gregz" wrote in message
that's faulty? In my experience, it's more often something
other than the heating element itself.

Looks likely a thermal cutoff under the black insulation.

Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 3/18/2012 4:38 AM, micky wrote:
On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 08:26:29 -0700, "Bob

If it heats at all, the element is probably fine.

Absolutely. I should have noticed that.

Well, don't be absolutely positive about that w/o checking...I _think_
it's possible for the element to have an internal break so only a lead
portion is heating. This would be easy enough to tell...

Have you looked for voltage
drop elsewhere in the circuit? Is the full voltage getting to the element?

The obvious first step is to do the diagnostics, indeed...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 21:05:04 -0400, joevan wrote:
I could post a picture of the heat element. What is a good place to do
so?

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3622/img0177rj.jpg

How is the element removed? It almost looks as though the alloy casting
is crimped around it every 2" or so - is it actually designed to come out
(without grinding the casting and then having to find some way of
securing the replacement element again after)?

cheers

Jules

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jules Richardson wrote in
:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 21:05:04 -0400, joevan wrote:
I could post a picture of the heat element. What is a good place to
do so?

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3622/img0177rj.jpg

How is the element removed? It almost looks as though the alloy
casting is crimped around it every 2" or so - is it actually designed
to come out (without grinding the casting and then having to find some
way of securing the replacement element again after)?

cheers

Jules

Ah, that is a genuin chuck away piece of hardware.
If the element is broken, it is not ment to be repaired.
In most cases I have seen, it was not the heating tube, but the
thermostat switch, or the over-temp protection element.
The last one is most critical, it ages, and when it breaks,
you have to get a new one.
It looks like a small metal cylinder(3mmX12mm) in one of the
feeding wires.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jules Richardson writes:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 21:05:04 -0400, joevan wrote:
I could post a picture of the heat element. What is a good place to do
so?

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3622/img0177rj.jpg

How is the element removed? It almost looks as though the alloy casting
is crimped around it every 2" or so - is it actually designed to come out
(without grinding the casting and then having to find some way of
securing the replacement element again after)?

Looks to me like you drill out the rivets that attach the
brackets to the heat coil, then slide the heat coil out of
the grove.

Did I read that the problem is, it doesn't get hot enough?
If that coil is not broken, I don't think replacing it will
be a cure.

How about the energy source?

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 21, 4:45*pm, Dan Espen wrote:
Jules Richardson writes:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 21:05:04 -0400, joevan wrote:
I could post a picture of the heat element. What is a good place to do
so?
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3622/img0177rj.jpg

How is the element removed? It almost looks as though the alloy casting
is crimped around it every 2" or so - is it actually designed to come out
(without grinding the casting and then having to find some way of
securing the replacement element again after)?

Looks to me like you drill out the rivets that attach the
brackets to the heat coil, then slide the heat coil out of
the grove.

Did I read that the problem is, it doesn't get hot enough?
If that coil is not broken, I don't think replacing it will
be a cure.

How about the energy source?

That could be it. The heater could be designed to only
work with electricity from a nuke and he's trying to use
hydro or coal based electricity.

--
Dan Espen

Posted to alt.home.repair

" writes:

On Mar 21, 4:45Â*pm, Dan Espen wrote:
Jules Richardson writes:
[...]

Yeah, okay.

I meant whatever components this thing has between the coil
and the wall plug. If there are any other than the switch.

--
Dan Espen