Posted to alt.home.repair
joevan joevan is offline

Default small stiring heating unit Picture enclosed

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:59:25 -0400, joevan
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:13:42 -0400, RBM wrote:

On 3/16/2012 6:10 PM, joevan wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:06:00 -0400, wrote:

On 3/16/2012 2:36 PM, joevan wrote:
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist
wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot
enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it.
What type of supply house or business do I start my search with.

It does sound like you're looking for a heating element, not a
resistance wire. Why not replace the heater?
It is not a heater. It is a unit with a heated surface and a pan with
a special column thru which a column and it supports a special
stirring paddle. We have searched for such.

From my assistants email
" Tefal no longer advertises it as you said and it didn’t mention
parts available under the section for repair. I will keep looking."

OK, It sounds like some type of Calrod. On one end of the rod there
should be a wattage and voltage stamped into the metal. This should help
to locate a similar element if the manufacturer can't get you a replacement

I could post a picture of the heat element. What is a good place to do
so?

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3622/img0177rj.jpg