Posted to alt.home.repair

Default small stiring heating unit Picture enclosed

On Mar 21, 4:45*pm, Dan Espen wrote:
Jules Richardson writes:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 21:05:04 -0400, joevan wrote:
I could post a picture of the heat element. What is a good place to do
so?
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3622/img0177rj.jpg

How is the element removed? It almost looks as though the alloy casting
is crimped around it every 2" or so - is it actually designed to come out
(without grinding the casting and then having to find some way of
securing the replacement element again after)?

Looks to me like you drill out the rivets that attach the
brackets to the heat coil, then slide the heat coil out of
the grove.

Did I read that the problem is, it doesn't get hot enough?
If that coil is not broken, I don't think replacing it will
be a cure.

How about the energy source?

That could be it. The heater could be designed to only
work with electricity from a nuke and he's trying to use
hydro or coal based electricity.

--
Dan Espen