Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Heart Attack Grill

...man actually has a heart attack during his meal at Heart Attack
Grill

Video:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1454690216001/patron-has-heart-attack-at-the-heart-attack-grill/?playlist_id=87937

Weigh 350 pounds? You eat for free.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 15, 10:17*pm, Oren wrote:
..man actually has a heart attack during his meal at Heart Attack
Grill

Video:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1454690216001/patron-has-heart-attack-at-t...

Weigh 350 pounds? *You eat for free.

Did it stop the other customers from eating?
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote in
:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/145469021...rt-attack-at-t

Weigh 350 pounds? *You eat for free.

Did it stop the other customers from eating?

Probably not, since eating at Heart Attack Grill does not cause heart
attacks.

That was a funny story (sort of), anyway.

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tegger" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Probably not, since eating at Heart Attack Grill does not cause heart
attacks.

That was a funny story (sort of), anyway.

The fact that a Fox news crew was "on the scene" leads me to believe that
this is another publicity or extortion stunt. Remember the Wendy's
"fingertip" chili?

As for eating causing heart attacks, I've actually read in several studies
that eating a very fatty meal can be the trigger for one.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117825&page=1

Eating an unusually heavy meal does not just add calories, it also might
trigger a heart attack, especially in people who already have heart disease,
researchers said in a study released today.
The study found heart attack risk jumped four times in the two hours after a
large meal.

"A very large meal may start the whole process" of a heart attack, said Dr.
Francisco Lopez-Jimenez, a cardiologist at Brigham and Women's Hospital in
Boston.

The news items I recall (not the one above) said that eating a large
breakfast of bacon and eggs could do the trick. Haven't eaten them since.
(-: I like them, but not enough to die for.

--

Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/16/12 12:20 PM, Robert Green wrote:
wrote in message

stuff snipped

[...]

They asked 2,000 victims if they remembered eating a large meal within 2
hours before the attack. Approximately 1% said yes. That doesn't sound
like scientific proof.

There are reasons eating could trigger an attack. Any bulk in the
stomach can affect the vegas nerve, which controls the heart. Eating
may raise insulin levels, which can increase pulse and blood pressure.
Some medications increase this effect.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The fact that a Fox news crew was "on the scene" leads me to believe that
this is another publicity or extortion stunt

Because a video link was from FOX then it is a stunt? Shameless. Where
did you see a FOX crew in the original posting?

Here is the local ABC interview with the owner.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/139411448.html

HAG was once featured on one of the food shows. I think it originated
in Phoenix, AZ. Now one has opened in Las Vegas.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The fact that a Fox news crew was "on the scene" leads me to believe
that this is another publicity or extortion stunt

Because a video link was from FOX then it is a stunt? Shameless.
Where
did you see a FOX crew in the original posting?

Here is the local ABC interview with the owner.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/139411448.html

HAG was once featured on one of the food shows. I think it
originated
in Phoenix, AZ. Now one has opened in Las Vegas.

one opened here in Dallas and has since closed after less than a year.
its a gimmick food joint and they usually don't last long

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The fact that a Fox news crew was "on the scene" leads me to believe that
this is another publicity or extortion stunt

Because a video link was from FOX then it is a stunt? Shameless. Where
did you see a FOX crew in the original posting?

Here is the local ABC interview with the owner.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/139411448.html

HAG was once featured on one of the food shows. I think it originated
in Phoenix, AZ. Now one has opened in Las Vegas.

It says amateur video but news guys are probably always available in Vegas.

Someone said they sell a 6,000 calorie burger there. Think I heard of
the place before.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The fact that a Fox news crew was "on the scene" leads me to believe that
this is another publicity or extortion stunt

Because a video link was from FOX then it is a stunt? Shameless. Where
did you see a FOX crew in the original posting?

No, because I read a number of articles about the incident, one of which
said:

Basso said he has no clue how Fox News learned of the man's medical
episode, but it wasn't from him. Basso said the man fell to the ground and
was foaming from the mouth. Basso overheard paramedics say he suffered from
"coronary issues."

http://www.lvrj.com/news/heart-attac...139404973.html

I watch Fox News all the time and it's nowhere near as biased as its
detractors claim. My comment was based on Fox seeming to have the clear
lead on this story from the start. The above article and a number of
Twitter feeds led me to wonder how Fox was on the story so quickly. Could
have been just a coincidence. Maybe. As a former reporter, I've earned the
right to be suspicious of "Man bites dog" and "Heart Attack Grille gives man
heart attack" stories. They often end up like the "Wendy's Chili with
Fingertips" story - someone using the news in an attempt to extort a
financial settlement out of a business.

Here is the local ABC interview with the owner.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/139411448.html

HAG was once featured on one of the food shows. I think it originated
in Phoenix, AZ. Now one has opened in Las Vegas.

It will be interesting to see where this story ends up. Reading all these
stories makes me want to go get a Wendy's Triple Decker Baconator. Hold the
mayo and the heart attack.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The fact that a Fox news crew was "on the scene" leads me to believe

that
this is another publicity or extortion stunt

Because a video link was from FOX then it is a stunt? Shameless. Where
did you see a FOX crew in the original posting?

Here is the local ABC interview with the owner.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/139411448.html

HAG was once featured on one of the food shows. I think it originated
in Phoenix, AZ. Now one has opened in Las Vegas.

It says amateur video but news guys are probably always available in

Vegas.

It's possible that Fox in Vegas either pays tips or advertises its "tip
line" number enough that people alert them when there's news. I've seen any
number of people transported from restaurants via ambulance including a
former girlfriend who had to be intubated after eating at a Chinese
restaurant that went a little heavy on the MSG. Suddenly, she was gasping
for breath, making a weird whistling sound as her throat closed up from
anaphylactic shock. Statistically speaking, this guy's episode was probably
not even unusual. I still smell a lawsuit coming, if only because they fed
him for free because he was so overweight.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:32:42 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

.. .

said:

Basso said he has no clue how Fox News learned of the man's medical
episode, but it wasn't from him. Basso said the man fell to the ground and
was foaming from the mouth. Basso overheard paramedics say he suffered from
"coronary issues."

Most likely through a scanner, listening to Police and EMS broadcast.
Our local FOX news is full of crap. I can't watch them because the
stories, I think, are culled from the Internet. Often days old. There
is no "real" news from them. All they do is talk about "Hollywood" and
who was seen with who. Sick.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/heart-attac...139404973.html

I watch Fox News all the time and it's nowhere near as biased as its
detractors claim. My comment was based on Fox seeming to have the clear
lead on this story from the start. The above article and a number of
Twitter feeds led me to wonder how Fox was on the story so quickly. Could
have been just a coincidence. Maybe. As a former reporter, I've earned the
right to be suspicious of "Man bites dog" and "Heart Attack Grille gives man
heart attack" stories. They often end up like the "Wendy's Chili with
Fingertips" story - someone using the news in an attempt to extort a
financial settlement out of a business.

Time will tell how it all boils down. I can't see EMS willfully
spending tax dollars on a stunt; not in our local economy :-/

Here is the local ABC interview with the owner.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/139411448.html

HAG was once featured on one of the food shows. I think it originated
in Phoenix, AZ. Now one has opened in Las Vegas.

It will be interesting to see where this story ends up. Reading all these
stories makes me want to go get a Wendy's Triple Decker Baconator. Hold the
mayo and the heart attack.

I adore a great burger. I may have to visit HAG....
Posted to alt.home.repair

said:

[...]

I like this ruling in today's paper:

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p...=2012120216043
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 16, 12:20*pm, "Robert Green"
wrote:
"Tegger" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Probably not, since eating at Heart Attack Grill does not cause heart
attacks.

That was a funny story (sort of), anyway.

The fact that a Fox news crew was "on the scene" leads me to believe that
this is another publicity or extortion stunt. *Remember the Wendy's
"fingertip" chili?

Another obvious leftist attempt to smear Fox news.
Was a Fox News crew on the scene during the Wendy's
"figertip chili" incident? No. Was a Fox News crew on
the scene during the Heart Attack Grill incident? No.
The video of the man being wheeled away is clearly
marked "amateur video" and was probably taken by
someone with a cell phone or similar. Fox News did
show up later to cover the story. I'll bet other news
organizations covered it as well. After all, they are
news organizations.....

Could it all have been staged? Possible, but unlikely.
It's not clear to me how you're going to get anywhere
if you're not really having a heart attack. Whether or
not you really had one will be easily established at
the ER. If you're faking it, you're gonna have a hell
of a lot of trouble and likely some expense just to
prove yourself a fake with no chance at a pot of
money.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 16, 9:37*pm, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:32:42 -0500, "Robert Green"

wrote:
.. .

said:

Basso said he has no clue how Fox News learned of the man's medical
episode, but it wasn't from him. Basso said the man fell to the ground and
was foaming from the mouth. Basso overheard paramedics say he suffered from
"coronary issues."

Most likely through a scanner, listening to Police and EMS broadcast.

Exactly. I guess Bobby thinks the way news organizations
wind up at fires, car accidents, etc, is that the owners of the
buildings and cars usually call them. Lots of news organizations
also advertise their numbers to call with breaking news.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/heart-attac...s-up-to-its-na...

I watch Fox News all the time and it's nowhere near as biased as its
detractors claim. *My comment was based on Fox seeming to have the clear
lead on this story from the start.

On what basis did he conclude that Fox had the clear lead
on the story? Did he even have any idea how other
news organizations covered it? The video of the man
being taken away is clearly marked "amateur video". It
was likely taken by someone at the scene with a cell phone
or similar. So, apparently that person's video wound up
at a news organization. Nothing surprising about that at
all. The story is obviously an interesting one and Fox
sent a crew to interview the owner, employees, etc.
I would not be surprised to find out that other news
organizations did the same thing.

Whether they did or didn't isn't even material.
It's hard to make a case that this is a stunt to
collect money. A heartattack isn't a phoney finger
tip. At the ER it's going to be quickly determined
if the heart attack is real or not. And if it's not, the
guy isn't likely to collect a dime.

The above article and a number of
Twitter feeds led me to wonder how Fox was on the story so quickly. *Could
have been just a coincidence. *Maybe. *As a former reporter, I've earned the
right to be suspicious of "Man bites dog" and "Heart Attack Grille gives man
heart attack" stories. *They often end up like the "Wendy's Chili with
Fingertips" story - someone using the news in an attempt to extort a
financial settlement out of a business.

Sure, in some cases. But when you get to the ER and
they quickly determine that you're not having a heart attack,
which is the first thing they're gonna do, then what?
Dooh!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:32:42 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

.. .

said:

Basso said he has no clue how Fox News learned of the man's medical
episode, but it wasn't from him. Basso said the man fell to the ground

and
was foaming from the mouth. Basso overheard paramedics say he suffered

from
"coronary issues."

Most likely through a scanner, listening to Police and EMS broadcast.
Our local FOX news is full of crap. I can't watch them because the
stories, I think, are culled from the Internet. Often days old. There
is no "real" news from them. All they do is talk about "Hollywood" and
who was seen with who. Sick.

That's what passes for news nowadays. That and who threw up on American
Idol.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/heart-attac...o-its-name-139

404973.html

I watch Fox News all the time and it's nowhere near as biased as its
detractors claim. My comment was based on Fox seeming to have the clear
lead on this story from the start. The above article and a number of
Twitter feeds led me to wonder how Fox was on the story so quickly.

Could
have been just a coincidence. Maybe. As a former reporter, I've earned

the
right to be suspicious of "Man bites dog" and "Heart Attack Grille gives

man
heart attack" stories. They often end up like the "Wendy's Chili with
Fingertips" story - someone using the news in an attempt to extort a
financial settlement out of a business.

Time will tell how it all boils down. I can't see EMS willfully
spending tax dollars on a stunt; not in our local economy :-/

If it was/is some sort of scam or publicity stunt, I doubt EMS would be "in
on it."

Here is the local ABC interview with the owner.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/139411448.html

HAG was once featured on one of the food shows. I think it originated
in Phoenix, AZ. Now one has opened in Las Vegas.

It will be interesting to see where this story ends up. Reading all

these
stories makes me want to go get a Wendy's Triple Decker Baconator. Hold

the
mayo and the heart attack.

I adore a great burger. I may have to visit HAG....

Ironically, even though that guy might have really gotten ill there, a lot
of what I've read indicates that the story's probably going to increase
HAG's business overall. You know what they say: "There's no such thing as
bad publicity." Maybe it's true.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 17, 12:28*pm, "Robert Green"
wrote:
wrote in message news:e6695374-5f0c-454c-99c4-

On Feb 16, 12:20 pm, "Robert Green"

"Tegger" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Probably not, since eating at Heart Attack Grill does not cause heart
attacks.

That was a funny story (sort of), anyway.

The fact that a Fox news crew was "on the scene" leads me to believe that
this is another publicity or extortion stunt. Remember the Wendy's
"fingertip" chili?

Trader Chet misguidedly replied: Another obvious leftist attempt to smear
Fox news.

I've finally figured you out, Chet. *You skim read until you come across
what you think is a "lib" trigger word and then you go off, usually not
knowing WTF you are talking about. *What you missed (or deliberately
snipped) was what I also wrote in that post:

"I watch Fox News all the time and it's nowhere near as biased as its
detractors claim."

And yet your political rabies only allows you to impugn a slur against Fox
where none exists. *This is the primary reason logical discussions with you
are next to impossible. *You can't understand what you read and respond
primarily to your own imaginings, not what people actually write.

I read what you wrote. And here it is:

"The fact that a Fox news crew was "on the scene" leads me to believe
that
this is another publicity or extortion stunt. Remember the Wendy's
"fingertip" chili? "

For the record, what you posted is untrue. AFAIK, the Fox News team
was NOT there when the incident occured.
If they were, kindly provide proof or STFU.

Since your rabies has blinded you, I'll micro-explain for you that I was
suggesting that a news crew already or very rapidly on the scene implies
some sort of pre-meditation.

Nothing I have seen indicates they were on the scene.
The video clearly says "amateur video" on the portion
where the incident is happening. How much later Fox
and any other news organizations arrived, I don't know.
Neither do you. Last time I checked, news organizations
are very much interested in rapidly responding to stories
they consider newsworthy. That implies nothing, despite
your attempts to make it so.

*It didn't matter whether it was Fox or PBS.
Fox (or any news org) being on-scene rapidly suggests *someone* may have
called them in advance because heart attack victims move out very quickly to
the ER. *That's the *logical* assumption from what I wrote.

Again, nothing I've seen suggests Fox or any other
news organization was there when the incident
happened. Why do you make up crap?

The rabid partisan Trader Chet assumption is that I am a liberal and
therefore I must hate Fox.

There is no assumption that you are a liberal. It's a
well established fact. Are you ashamed of it?

*I have news for you - there are plenty of people
on both sides who like both networks, like me, and plenty who like neither.