Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT Heart Attack Grill

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:32:42 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:20:32 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

The fact that a Fox news crew was "on the scene" leads me to believe that
this is another publicity or extortion stunt

Because a video link was from FOX then it is a stunt? Shameless. Where
did you see a FOX crew in the original posting?

No, because I read a number of articles about the incident, one of which
said:

Basso said he has no clue how Fox News learned of the man's medical
episode, but it wasn't from him. Basso said the man fell to the ground and
was foaming from the mouth. Basso overheard paramedics say he suffered from
"coronary issues."

Most likely through a scanner, listening to Police and EMS broadcast.
Our local FOX news is full of crap. I can't watch them because the
stories, I think, are culled from the Internet. Often days old. There
is no "real" news from them. All they do is talk about "Hollywood" and
who was seen with who. Sick.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/heart-attac...139404973.html

I watch Fox News all the time and it's nowhere near as biased as its
detractors claim. My comment was based on Fox seeming to have the clear
lead on this story from the start. The above article and a number of
Twitter feeds led me to wonder how Fox was on the story so quickly. Could
have been just a coincidence. Maybe. As a former reporter, I've earned the
right to be suspicious of "Man bites dog" and "Heart Attack Grille gives man
heart attack" stories. They often end up like the "Wendy's Chili with
Fingertips" story - someone using the news in an attempt to extort a
financial settlement out of a business.

Time will tell how it all boils down. I can't see EMS willfully
spending tax dollars on a stunt; not in our local economy :-/

Here is the local ABC interview with the owner.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/139411448.html

HAG was once featured on one of the food shows. I think it originated
in Phoenix, AZ. Now one has opened in Las Vegas.

It will be interesting to see where this story ends up. Reading all these
stories makes me want to go get a Wendy's Triple Decker Baconator. Hold the
mayo and the heart attack.

I adore a great burger. I may have to visit HAG....