Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to find name/contact of manufacturer given UPC ?

I give up!!

This UPC-A code is
7 72677 00248 8

it's on a gypsum board

WHO is the manufacturer?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2012 12:47 PM, Robert Macy wrote:
7 72677 00248 8

Plugging in number in google:

http://www.upcdatabase.com/item/772677002488

Guess code does not help.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 15, 12:47*pm, Robert Macy wrote:
I give up!!

This UPC-A code is
7 72677 00248 8

it's on a gypsum board

WHO is the manufacturer?

Don't know that you can find the manufacturer via the barcode.

A google search returns this generic information.

http://www.upcdatabase.com/item/772677002488

Using the bar code scanner on my smartphone to look up the barcode
from that website turns up even less information.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 15, 11:05*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Feb 15, 12:47*pm, Robert Macy wrote:

I give up!!

This UPC-A code is
7 72677 00248 8

it's on a gypsum board

WHO is the manufacturer?

Don't know that you can find the manufacturer via the barcode.

A google search returns this generic information.

http://www.upcdatabase.com/item/772677002488

Using the bar code scanner on my smartphone to look up the barcode
from that website turns up even less information.

Thanks, thought it was just my lack of ability to find anything useful
on the internet!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tegger wrote in
:

Your sheetrock was marketed by CertainTeed Gypsum Canada, Inc.

Please take careful note that the company listed on the UPC is the one that
sold the product directly to the retailer. Identification of the actual
/manufacturer/ of the product is /not/ part of the UPC standard.

The actual manufacturer(s) may or may not be several times removed from the
company that sold the product to the retailer, and there exist absolutely
no records of any kind which would follow that, outside of internal company
records.

*******
Also please take careful note that it's not a sure thing that CertainTeed
will assume responsibility for the product or its performance post-sale.
They may insist that you go through their retail-selling partner (the place
you bought it from) for any assistance, which is part of the retailer's
job.
*******

The upshot: Don't be surprised if you get stonewalled by CertainTeed;
you're not really supposed to be calling them.

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2012 7:41 PM, Tegger wrote:
wrote in
:

Your sheetrock was marketed by CertainTeed Gypsum Canada, Inc.

Please take careful note that the company listed on the UPC is the one that
sold the product directly to the retailer. Identification of the actual
/manufacturer/ of the product is /not/ part of the UPC standard.

The actual manufacturer(s) may or may not be several times removed from the
company that sold the product to the retailer, and there exist absolutely
no records of any kind which would follow that, outside of internal company
records.

I have CertainTeed drywall sheets that I bought last year in my garage
that say made in the USA.

And I live in Canada.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Tegger wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in news:e97eb0af-20a4-4b5b-a553-
:

Don't know that you can find the manufacturer via the barcode.

You can. The first six digits are the manufacturer's specific code, called
the "Company Prefix". All but one of the rest of the numbers are for the
company's use for product identification. The last number is a check digit,
which validates the rest of the number.

http://www.upcdatabase.com/docs/faq.asp
explains why "Company Prefix" is no longer a valid concept.

Posted to alt.home.repair

(Fake ID) wrote in
:

http://www.upcdatabase.com/docs/faq.asp
explains why "Company Prefix" is no longer a valid concept.

I'm not sure how correct that page is.

From GS1 Canada's page
http://www.gs1ca.org/page.asp?LSM=0&intPageID=1309
"Your Company Prefix Licence is a globally-unique number that accurately
identifies your company. Use it to create the numbers that go inside the
GS1 bar codes on your products."

I deal with this sort of thing from time to time, and I have not yet come
across any conflicts between Company Prefixes. Each UPC definitively
resolves to a specific company that is still in existence. That company may
not be the original holder of a specific UPC, but it will be the company
that currently markets the product with that UPC.

--
Tegger

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 15, 7:59*pm, Duesenberg wrote:
I have CertainTeed drywall sheets that I bought last year in my garage
that say made in the USA.

And I live in Canada.

What's the UPC code on them?

Anyone in Contact with Matt? Searcher7 Metalworking 0 April 6th 10 05:19 AM
How to Find HOA Contact Info? [email protected] Home Ownership 9 November 26th 06 02:46 PM
ConTact paper cwelch8 Home Repair 2 November 27th 05 07:18 PM
Contact Burnisher? Larry Jaques Metalworking 11 November 26th 05 07:44 PM
Ikea contact JoeJoe UK diy 4 November 9th 05 05:06 PM