Posted to alt.home.repair
cwelch8

Default ConTact paper

Hello:

In our kitchen, we have white laminate counter tops which we have covered
with transparent Contact paper. I put the paper almost an year ago using
just the adhesive on one side of the paper.

Yesterday as I was trying to remove the paper to replace it with new Contact
paper, I found that the paper came out leaving behind the gum (or whatever
sticky compound they use). It has been a nightmare to remove that. I
scrubbed for a long time and could clear only a small portion.

Is there a spray or any other product which would help to remove the
adhesive substance easily from the counter top?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

3M has a commercial automotive product, sold in bulk and you may need
alot. Call the co that made the paper its their glue they will know the
easiest and least toxic way. Contact paper is not designed for counters
or removal.