Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Battery operated venetian blinds

Have three small windows about 24" x 24" and I am looking for battery
operated remote control white faux wood venetian blinds. I want them to
retract and drop remotely as the windows are high but have a good view.
All I can find on line are blinds that tilt remotely. Anyone have
first hand knowledge of where I might find the type of blinds I am seeking.

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/31/2012 9:34 AM, Pointer wrote:
Have three small windows about 24" x 24" and I am looking for battery
operated remote control white faux wood venetian blinds. I want them to
retract and drop remotely as the windows are high but have a good view.
All I can find on line are blinds that tilt remotely. Anyone have first
hand knowledge of where I might find the type of blinds I am seeking.

Thanks.

The only remote control blinds that I know of personally come from Velux
and are integrated with their skylights. You might contact them and see
what they have.

http://www.veluxusa.com/consumer/products/blinds

--
Robert Allison
New Braunfels, TX
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/31/2012 10:25 AM, Robert Allison wrote:
On 1/31/2012 9:34 AM, Pointer wrote:
Have three small windows about 24" x 24" and I am looking for battery
operated remote control white faux wood venetian blinds. I want them to
retract and drop remotely as the windows are high but have a good view.
All I can find on line are blinds that tilt remotely. Anyone have first
hand knowledge of where I might find the type of blinds I am seeking.

Thanks.

The only remote control blinds that I know of personally come from Velux
and are integrated with their skylights. You might contact them and see
what they have.

http://www.veluxusa.com/consumer/products/blinds

Here is a link to their blind shop:

https://velux.skylightblindshop.com/

--
Robert Allison
New Braunfels, TX
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/31/2012 11:25 AM, Robert Allison wrote:
On 1/31/2012 9:34 AM, Pointer wrote:
Have three small windows about 24" x 24" and I am looking for battery
operated remote control white faux wood venetian blinds. I want them to
retract and drop remotely as the windows are high but have a good view.
All I can find on line are blinds that tilt remotely. Anyone have first
hand knowledge of where I might find the type of blinds I am seeking.

Thanks.

The only remote control blinds that I know of personally come from Velux
and are integrated with their skylights. You might contact them and see
what they have.

http://www.veluxusa.com/consumer/products/blinds

Good thought. Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:34:57 -0500, Pointer
wrote:

Have three small windows about 24" x 24" and I am looking for battery
operated remote control white faux wood venetian blinds. I want them to
retract and drop remotely as the windows are high but have a good view.
All I can find on line are blinds that tilt remotely. Anyone have
first hand knowledge of where I might find the type of blinds I am seeking.

Thanks.

Are you serious?
Do they really make such a thing?
How lazy can a person be?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/31/2012 9:34 AM, Pointer wrote:
Have three small windows about 24" x 24" and I am looking for battery
operated remote control white faux wood venetian blinds. I want them to
retract and drop remotely as the windows are high but have a good view.
All I can find on line are blinds that tilt remotely. Anyone have first
hand knowledge of where I might find the type of blinds I am seeking.

Thanks.

here are some options

http://bit.ly/xs6GAP

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

He said the blinds are "up high". I'm guessing that he's not tall enough to
reach them, which is why he wants the batteries, and the remote control.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message

Are you serious?
Do they really make such a thing?
How lazy can a person be?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pointer" wrote in message
Have three small windows about 24" x 24" and I am looking for battery
operated remote control white faux wood venetian blinds. I want them to
retract and drop remotely as the windows are high but have a good view.
All I can find on line are blinds that tilt remotely. Anyone have first
hand knowledge of where I might find the type of blinds I am seeking.

Thanks.

I spent the prior 25 years doing window treatment installations. I have
never seen or heard of a raise/lower motor for a 1 or 2" blind. The weight
and motor size is the killer IMO.

Remote tilt is fairly common and could probably be adapted to faux blinds
even if they are ready mades.

Raise and lower is also quite common for pleated shades

--
Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 07:43:41 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

He said the blinds are "up high". I'm guessing that he's not tall enough to
reach them, which is why he wants the batteries, and the remote control.

Dont the cords (ropes) still come down to a reachable level? (or could
be lengthened). They dont need to come to the floor where children can
get entangled in them. Most adults are at least 5 feet tall. 5 or 5 and
a half feet off the floor should be fine. While ceilings are normally
7.5 to 10 ft. high, how high can these be? Ok, some ceilings are
higher, but not too often.

Then again, getting back to the original post, do they really make
battery operated blinds?

Another thing to consider, the batteries are likely in the blinds top
piece. Soneone will have to go up there and change them....
The whole thing sounds pretty silly to me, except for a disabled person
unable to work the cords.

Just my opinion!!! Then again, I dislike blinds anyhow. All they are,
are dirt catchers. I'll take plain drapes!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The only way a motor operated one makes sense is if you can use the optional
power supply and skip the batteries.

The lithium batteries will last close to a short year of normal use. The
NiCad's and others not so long.
--
Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Colbyt , Meefirst234 wrote:
colbyt wrote:

"Pointer" wrote in message
I spent the prior 25 years doing window treatment installations. I have
never seen or heard of a raise/lower motor for a 1 or 2" blind. The

weight
and motor size is the killer IMO.
Remote tilt is fairly common and could probably be adapted to faux blinds
even if they are ready mades.
Raise and lower is also quite common for pleated shades

Hello! The topic of your discussion is of high interest for me as I am
looking for blinds for my conservatory. After doing some research online,
I came to the conclusion that pleated blinds are the most suitable for
this type of room. This is the text I found that made me make up my mind:
The slim 20mm pleats make the blind neatly fit into any size window. The
blinds are particularly suitable for conservatories, orangeries and
sunrooms. There are two types of pleated blinds, freehanging for windows
and conservatory walls, skylight blinds for square and rectangular glass
and conservatory ceilings. Our pleated blinds manufactured with ASC
fabrics with their solar reflective backing will keep your conservatory
cool in summer and save money on heating costs in winter. Our translucent
fabrics gently filter and soften the light whilst still giving your room
privacy.
I am a bit disappointed no one actually gave a conclusive answer to the
main question. Where to get remote control blinds from.
Now my question is if you know where I can buy them motorized from. You
said there is such a thing as raise and lower remote mechanism for pleated
blinds. I would be very pleased if you helped me with this. Kind regards.

http://community.familyhandyman.com/...21/t/3633.aspx

Posted to alt.home.repair

colbyt wrote:

"Pointer" wrote in message
[...]

Hunter-Douglas sells remote-controlled blinds and shutters. But I
doubt that they sell the mechanism separate from the window treatment.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:01:44 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Then again, I dislike blinds anyhow. All they are, are dirt catchers. I'll take plain drapes!

My good friend has blinds/pleats inside of her double pane windows and doors.
They are controlled magnetically somehow. I always wondered how they worked but was too lazy to get up and look. They will never get dirty.

Battery Operated Reciprocating Saw mcp6453[_2_] Home Repair 0 December 11th 09 01:16 PM
venetian blinds drb Home Repair 5 November 27th 08 04:19 PM
venetian blinds SeaKan Home Repair 4 December 15th 05 06:00 AM
Fitting wooden venetian blinds A. UK diy 5 February 17th 04 01:35 AM
Fitting wooden venetian blinds A. Woodworking 5 February 17th 04 01:35 AM