Posted to alt.home.repair
Meefirst234 Meefirst234 is offline

Default Battery operated venetian blinds

replying to Colbyt , Meefirst234 wrote:
colbyt wrote:

"Pointer" wrote in message
I spent the prior 25 years doing window treatment installations. I have
never seen or heard of a raise/lower motor for a 1 or 2" blind. The

weight
and motor size is the killer IMO.
Remote tilt is fairly common and could probably be adapted to faux blinds
even if they are ready mades.
Raise and lower is also quite common for pleated shades

Hello! The topic of your discussion is of high interest for me as I am
looking for blinds for my conservatory. After doing some research online,
I came to the conclusion that pleated blinds are the most suitable for
this type of room. This is the text I found that made me make up my mind:
The slim 20mm pleats make the blind neatly fit into any size window. The
blinds are particularly suitable for conservatories, orangeries and
sunrooms. There are two types of pleated blinds, freehanging for windows
and conservatory walls, skylight blinds for square and rectangular glass
and conservatory ceilings. Our pleated blinds manufactured with ASC
fabrics with their solar reflective backing will keep your conservatory
cool in summer and save money on heating costs in winter. Our translucent
fabrics gently filter and soften the light whilst still giving your room
privacy.
I am a bit disappointed no one actually gave a conclusive answer to the
main question. Where to get remote control blinds from.
Now my question is if you know where I can buy them motorized from. You
said there is such a thing as raise and lower remote mechanism for pleated
blinds. I would be very pleased if you helped me with this. Kind regards.

http://community.familyhandyman.com/...21/t/3633.aspx