Posted to alt.home.repair
drb drb is offline

Default venetian blinds

I need to repair a front window (horizontal blinds) that don't close
or open properly. I saw a site that shows it briefly and they claim
it to be simple to fix. Is it really as simple as they say and any
special tools I should use or any gotchas I should know about before I
begin? Do I need to take it down from the window?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:00:53 -0600, drb wrote:

I need to repair a front window (horizontal blinds) that don't close
or open properly. I saw a site that shows it briefly and they claim
it to be simple to fix. Is it really as simple as they say and any
special tools I should use or any gotchas I should know about before I
begin? Do I need to take it down from the window?

It is very easy, probably rates 1 out of 10 in difficulty. Where did
you get stuck?
Posted to alt.home.repair
drb drb is offline

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 07:23:26 -0500, Phisherman
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:00:53 -0600, drb wrote:

I need to repair a front window (horizontal blinds) that don't close
or open properly. I saw a site that shows it briefly and they claim
it to be simple to fix. Is it really as simple as they say and any
special tools I should use or any gotchas I should know about before I
begin? Do I need to take it down from the window?

It is very easy, probably rates 1 out of 10 in difficulty. Where did
you get stuck?

No, I didn't begin yet. Got a lot of minor repairs to do so this is
one on my list to do. Blinds are about 4 or 5 foot long so I hope I
can detach them from window by myself. Thanks for the reply.
Posted to alt.home.repair

drb wrote:

I need to repair a front window (horizontal blinds) that don't close
or open properly. I saw a site that shows it briefly and they claim
it to be simple to fix. Is it really as simple as they say and any
special tools I should use or any gotchas I should know about before I
begin? Do I need to take it down from the window?

Most have simple mechanisms for taking down, but they aren't very
precision made so maneuvering
can be tricky. Each bracket at the top should have a little plastic
square holding the blind in
place.....just slide it toward the center of the window to remove it.
It often has a molded stripe that
makes getting hold a little easier. After those are removed, the header
of the blind should be free
to move out, toward you, but sometimes has a "lip" on the bracket so's
you have to rotate the bottom
up and out to free it. Sudsy water in the bathtub, soft brush, make
them easy to clean. Rinse, spread
them out with the slats vertical to dry )
Posted to alt.home.repair

drb wrote in message news
I need to repair a front window (horizontal blinds) that don't close
or open properly. I saw a site that shows it briefly and they claim
it to be simple to fix. Is it really as simple as they say and any
special tools I should use or any gotchas I should know about before I
begin? Do I need to take it down from the window?

The fix is usually simple. Are these metal blinds or the vinyl ones you can
buy for a few $?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:00:53 -0600, drb wrote:

I need to repair a front window (horizontal blinds) that don't close
or open properly. I saw a site that shows it briefly and they claim
it to be simple to fix. Is it really as simple as they say and any
special tools I should use or any gotchas I should know about before I
begin? Do I need to take it down from the window?

It is very easy, probably rates 1 out of 10 in difficulty. Where did
you get stuck?

No, I didn't begin yet. Got a lot of minor repairs to do so this is
one on my list to do. Blinds are about 4 or 5 foot long so I hope I
can detach them from window by myself. Thanks for the reply.

Hi,
Take it down and look at the top where the mechanism is.
When you look you'll know what to do. Little long nose plier and
tweezer are handy to work on it Our cats mess our blinds often
but I can put it back to working, not even 10 minutes job.

Bali Vertical Blinds vs. Graber Vertical Blinds (Vynil) - which one is better? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 May 30th 06 08:20 PM
venetian blinds SeaKan Home Repair 4 December 15th 05 06:00 AM
Venetian plaster costs? gar Home Repair 0 June 27th 05 06:04 AM
Fitting wooden venetian blinds A. UK diy 5 February 17th 04 01:35 AM
Fitting wooden venetian blinds A. Woodworking 5 February 17th 04 01:35 AM