Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default venetian blinds

drb wrote:

I need to repair a front window (horizontal blinds) that don't close
or open properly. I saw a site that shows it briefly and they claim
it to be simple to fix. Is it really as simple as they say and any
special tools I should use or any gotchas I should know about before I
begin? Do I need to take it down from the window?

Most have simple mechanisms for taking down, but they aren't very
precision made so maneuvering
can be tricky. Each bracket at the top should have a little plastic
square holding the blind in
place.....just slide it toward the center of the window to remove it.
It often has a molded stripe that
makes getting hold a little easier. After those are removed, the header
of the blind should be free
to move out, toward you, but sometimes has a "lip" on the bracket so's
you have to rotate the bottom
up and out to free it. Sudsy water in the bathtub, soft brush, make
them easy to clean. Rinse, spread
them out with the slats vertical to dry )