Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Battery operated venetian blinds

wrote in message
On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 07:43:41 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

He said the blinds are "up high". I'm guessing that he's not tall enough
reach them, which is why he wants the batteries, and the remote control.

Dont the cords (ropes) still come down to a reachable level? (or could
be lengthened). They dont need to come to the floor where children can
get entangled in them. Most adults are at least 5 feet tall. 5 or 5 and
a half feet off the floor should be fine. While ceilings are normally
7.5 to 10 ft. high, how high can these be? Ok, some ceilings are
higher, but not too often.

Then again, getting back to the original post, do they really make
battery operated blinds?

Another thing to consider, the batteries are likely in the blinds top
piece. Soneone will have to go up there and change them....
The whole thing sounds pretty silly to me, except for a disabled person
unable to work the cords.

Just my opinion!!! Then again, I dislike blinds anyhow. All they are,
are dirt catchers. I'll take plain drapes!

The only way a motor operated one makes sense is if you can use the optional
power supply and skip the batteries.

The lithium batteries will last close to a short year of normal use. The
NiCad's and others not so long.
--
Colbyt