Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shut Up Holmes

about stupid exhaust gases leaking in the house from the garage.

Seriously.

How many people run their vehicle in the garage long enough to have
any effect?

rant off
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2012 10:56 PM, leonard hofstadter wrote:
about stupid exhaust gases leaking in the house from the garage.

Seriously.

How many people run their vehicle in the garage long enough to have any
effect?

rant off

no ****. not to mention, a modern, properly functioning vehicle will
not put out enough CO to kill you in a week.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2012 11:56 PM, leonard hofstadter wrote:
about stupid exhaust gases leaking in the house from the garage.

Seriously.

How many people run their vehicle in the garage long enough to have any
effect?

rant off

Agreed!

It's yet another extreme building code that costs thousands to comply.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 22:56:49 -0600, leonard hofstadter
wrote:

about stupid exhaust gases leaking in the house from the garage.

Seriously.

How many people run their vehicle in the garage long enough to have
any effect?

rant off

Uh, it has happened and it made the news here a few years ago. No one
killed, but a couple of people sick. There are many dumb people out
there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2012 10:56 PM, leonard hofstadter wrote:
about stupid exhaust gases leaking in the house from the garage.

Seriously.

How many people run their vehicle in the garage long enough to have any
effect?

rant off

Unfortunately a late friend of mine did, just before he became my late
friend. :-(

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/30/2012 3:40 AM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 1/29/2012 10:56 PM, leonard hofstadter wrote:
about stupid exhaust gases leaking in the house from the garage.

Seriously.

How many people run their vehicle in the garage long enough to have any
effect?

rant off

no ****. not to mention, a modern, properly functioning vehicle will not
put out enough CO to kill you in a week.

In free air. It is basically a chain reaction sort of thing. As the cars
engine depletes the oxygen in a closed space there is less available to
complete the reaction which converts the CO to CO2.

It only took a few hours for a guy a few towns over to die just be
sitting in a running car in the garage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2012 10:56 PM, leonard hofstadter wrote:
about stupid exhaust gases leaking in the house from the garage.

Seriously.

How many people run their vehicle in the garage long enough to have any
effect?

rant off

Unfortunately a late friend of mine did, just before he became my late
friend. :-(

TDD

It only took a few hours for the guy next town over who had serious
financial issues (his restaurant was in trouble) and simply sat in the
car he started in their multi car garage. My pathologist friend whose
practice does all of the autopsies for the local coroner said they only
found high CO in his blood.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2012 11:56 PM, leonard hofstadter wrote:
about stupid exhaust gases leaking in the house from the garage.

Seriously.

How many people run their vehicle in the garage long enough to have any
effect?

rant off

Yeah, the other thing that I hate is his over use of "spray foam".
Maybe in Canada. But, do you know how terrible it would be to try and
add some wiring or plumbing with all that stuff? Judiciously used, it
is probably a very good product.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 30, 8:12*am, George wrote:
On 1/30/2012 3:40 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

On 1/29/2012 10:56 PM, leonard hofstadter wrote:
about stupid exhaust gases leaking in the house from the garage.

Seriously.

How many people run their vehicle in the garage long enough to have any
effect?

rant off

no ****. not to mention, a modern, properly functioning vehicle will not
put out enough CO to kill you in a week.

In free air. It is basically a chain reaction sort of thing. As the cars
engine depletes the oxygen in a closed space there is less available to
complete the reaction which converts the CO to CO2.

It only took a few hours for a guy a few towns over to die just be
sitting in a running car in the garage.

I don't believe it's even true that normal exhaust from a
car doens't have enough CO to kill you. Modern cars
have catalytic converters to convert MOST of the CO
to CO2, but I think there is still more than enough to
be lethal. The body prefers CO over O2, so it doesn't
take a super high concentration. If he has a cite that
says it's not potentially lethal, I'd like to see it.

I also agree with your feedback scenario. Just like
a gas furnace. When it's not running correctly on the
right fuel/air ratio the emission shift to more CO.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/30/2012 7:12 AM, George wrote:
On 1/29/2012 10:56 PM, leonard hofstadter wrote:
about stupid exhaust gases leaking in the house from the garage.

Seriously.

How many people run their vehicle in the garage long enough to have any
effect?

rant off

Unfortunately a late friend of mine did, just before he became my late
friend. :-(

TDD

It only took a few hours for the guy next town over who had serious
financial issues (his restaurant was in trouble) and simply sat in the
car he started in their multi car garage. My pathologist friend whose
practice does all of the autopsies for the local coroner said they only
found high CO in his blood.

My late friend was a Vietnam vet and was on medication from The VA
hospital which he'd been on for years. His usual habit was to chase
his meds with beer and since he'd been on the same meds for years,
he had the meds to beer ratio finely sorted out. A problem occurred
when VA doctors changed his medication which disrupted my friend's
routine. He was finding himself sitting in his car at stoplights and
having no idea how he got there. He wound up being arrested for DUI
which is something that had never been a concern with his old meds.
The new meds in combination with alcohol caused depression which
really took him over after his mother died. His mother had been the
support for his mental well being and after her death, he was lost.
Another friend had prevented one suicide attempt but eventually, he
succeeded in offing himself. I'd like to believe his death was an
accident but the garage door was the manually closed type. Dammit,
we better take a lot better care of the kids who fought in The Middle
East because I think they may have gone through a lot more Hell. I
never want to see them ignored, treated with scorn and disrespect as
my contemporaries were.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2012 10:56 PM, leonard hofstadter wrote:
about stupid exhaust gases leaking in the house from the garage.

Seriously.

How many people run their vehicle in the garage long enough to have any
effect?

rant off

I noticed the topic and wondered if it might be something Dr. Watson
would say to his friend Sherlock? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't think, we as citizens do enough to support the troops who have
returned. I'm sure I'm as guilty as anyone. I don't visit the VA, or a lot
of things I should do. Sounds like you have an active interest in good
peoples lives, and I'm glad someone does.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Holmes inspection gregz Home Repair 9 November 22nd 11 04:01 PM
Anyone watch Holmes on Homes?? Ken[_6_] Home Repair 17 August 27th 10 02:58 PM
Holmes on Holmes LSMFT Home Repair 3 June 18th 10 06:13 AM
HOLMES on HOMES Chris R[_4_] Home Repair 5 October 13th 09 06:48 AM
Holmes on Homes diy-newby UK diy 2 November 23rd 07 08:08 PM