Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shut Up Holmes

I don't think, we as citizens do enough to support the troops who have
returned. I'm sure I'm as guilty as anyone. I don't visit the VA, or a lot
of things I should do. Sounds like you have an active interest in good
peoples lives, and I'm glad someone does.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

My late friend was a Vietnam vet and was on medication from The VA
hospital which he'd been on for years. His usual habit was to chase
his meds with beer and since he'd been on the same meds for years,
he had the meds to beer ratio finely sorted out. A problem occurred
when VA doctors changed his medication which disrupted my friend's
routine. He was finding himself sitting in his car at stoplights and
having no idea how he got there. He wound up being arrested for DUI
which is something that had never been a concern with his old meds.
The new meds in combination with alcohol caused depression which
really took him over after his mother died. His mother had been the
support for his mental well being and after her death, he was lost.
Another friend had prevented one suicide attempt but eventually, he
succeeded in offing himself. I'd like to believe his death was an
accident but the garage door was the manually closed type. Dammit,
we better take a lot better care of the kids who fought in The Middle
East because I think they may have gone through a lot more Hell. I
never want to see them ignored, treated with scorn and disrespect as
my contemporaries were.

TDD