Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Holmes on Homes

Has anyone seen this? A very big Canadian guy who repairs bodged up work
done by other contractors in Canada.
Always goes on about 'code' - you must have 'code'.

Makes you wonder what really happens over here as well!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"diy-newby" wrote in message ...
Has anyone seen this? A very big Canadian guy who repairs bodged up work
done by other contractors in Canada.
Always goes on about 'code' - you must have 'code'.

Makes you wonder what really happens over here as well!

Yep, we've got 'code' too (Building Regs..Planning etc.) + the same problems
as our Caledonian brethren....so it seems that 'Cowboys' arn't restricted to
the Americas!

Don.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:30:38 -0000
"cerberus" wrote:

"diy-newby" wrote in message ...
Has anyone seen this? A very big Canadian guy who repairs bodged up work
done by other contractors in Canada.
Always goes on about 'code' - you must have 'code'.

Makes you wonder what really happens over here as well!

Yep, we've got 'code' too (Building Regs..Planning etc.) + the same problems
as our Caledonian brethren....so it seems that 'Cowboys' arn't restricted to
the Americas!

Don.

Yes, the real secret is never, ever, pay someone to do what you can do
properly yourself. And never tell the government anything.

Actually the program's were quite interesting, especially some of the
materials that they have that we don't.

R.