Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HOLMES on HOMES

I've never posted in your group, but intentionally looked for something
like this.
I'm an avid HGTV watcher and one of my favorites shows is HOLMES ON
HOMES.

What I really like about the program is that when he is correcting what
others have done, he explaines what should have been done and WHY.

Anybody here watch this program or any other DIY program?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 11, 10:13*am, (Chris R) wrote:
I've never posted in your group, but intentionally looked for something
like this.
I'm an avid HGTV watcher and one of my favorites shows is HOLMES ON
HOMES.

What I really like about the program is that when he is correcting what
others have done, he explaines what should have been done and WHY.

Anybody here watch this program or any other DIY program?

Here's a thread that I started a few years back when I first ran
across his show:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.b...5b4a3cc6f6c21d

I caught one of his episodes recently, and the information provided
was much better. I don't know if that's an editing thing, or and
education thing - like he's learned stuff since the show's been on.
In any event that particular episode was a big improvement over some
of his earlier shows which had some outrageous misinformation. The
show also seemed to have turned the This Old House/Extreme Makeover
Home corner, and is doing far more work, and spending far more time
and money to upgrade while they're correcting shoddy work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 11, 1:12*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 11, 10:13*am, (Chris R) wrote:

I've never posted in your group, but intentionally looked for something
like this.
I'm an avid HGTV watcher and one of my favorites shows is HOLMES ON
HOMES.

What I really like about the program is that when he is correcting what
others have done, he explains what should have been done and WHY.

across his show:http://groups.google.com/group/alt.b...n/browse_threa...

I caught one of his episodes recently, and the information provided
was much better. *I don't know if that's an editing thing, or and
education thing - like he's learned stuff since the show's been on.
In any event that particular episode was a big improvement over some
of his earlier shows which had some outrageous misinformation. *The
show also seemed to have turned the This Old House/Extreme Makeover
Home corner, and is doing far more work, and spending far more time
and money to upgrade while they're correcting shoddy work.

Yup I like Holmes ............. Only thing I find about these shows is
that they 'hop around' from item to item, sometimes backtracking to a
previous condition. Maybe it's necessary to fit all the content into
half an hour. Or maybe my attention span is slower now?
But would prefer if each 'shot' (target) was a little longer and more
detailed. One moment someone is tearing out some wiring mentioning
that the switch or outlet was not rated for Alum. wire. Possibly an
old home-fix it job; by someone who didn't know the difference? Then
seconds later someone else is under a sink criticising the the 'S'
drain trap connection; whoops what was that? I got the bit about Cu.
only rated switch/outlet but waht was he going to do with that other
wiring that was hanging down next to it?
Dang it's gone past ........... !
Posted to alt.home.repair

I watched one time when his guys did some framing when he was away and
**** it up. He had to fix his own guys work that they weren't suppose to
start when he was away. Off camera I bet he did some good ass chewing
!!!!

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair

Locksmith Los Angeles (877) 364-5264 Homes Re-Keyed Homes Unlocked linkswanted Woodworking 1 December 22nd 08 05:30 PM
Holmes on Homes diy-newby UK diy 2 November 23rd 07 08:08 PM
Holmes on Homes does not Digg this site - But every other Canadian does Carlito's Way Home Repair 0 June 4th 07 03:45 AM
holmes on homes brown insulation? Layperson Tom Home Repair 6 February 7th 07 04:16 PM
Public Service Announcement Holmes on Homes RicodJour Home Repair 162 November 24th 06 04:10 PM