Posted to alt.home.repair

Default So where is RicodJour?

Been quiet a long time it seems.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message
Been quiet a long time it seems.

Last time I saw his site was Nov 18 2011 ww

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2011 9:19 PM, WW wrote:
"Red wrote in message
Been quiet a long time it seems.

Last time I saw his site was Nov 18 2011 ww

I hope he's OK.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message
Been quiet a long time it seems.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tim...&pid=155258845

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:28:41 -0500, "Jim Q." wrote:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Been quiet a long time it seems.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tim...&pid=155258845

RIP

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Q." wrote in :

"Red Green" wrote in message
Been quiet a long time it seems.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tim...ry.aspx?n=vict
or-e-puckett&pid=155258845

Curious how this was connected to Ricod.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 31, 2:00*pm, Red Green wrote:
"Jim Q." wrote :
"Red Green" wrote in message

Been quiet a long time it seems.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tim...ry.aspx?n=vict
or-e-puckett&pid=155258845

Curious how this was connected to Ricod.

Yeah, surprises me as well. I feel alright, but maybe I should go to
a doctor and see if I've been zombie-ized.

I've been busy with travel and my new toy. I was traveling for a few
weeks - helped my nephew move to Pittsburgh and gave him a few days of
work, went to my 82 year old uncle's wedding in Punta Gorda and gave
him a few days of work, then bought a classic GMC motorhome and
stopped in on a couple of friends on the ride back to NY.

The motorhome thing is totally new to me - I'm not a motorhead at all
and never played around with cars, so I have a lot of catching up to
do. It's almost 35 years old which makes it more interesting and and
I have a helluva lot of reading to do since people have been posting
about them since Al Gore invented the intertubes.

Wishing all a Happy New Year.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:38:59 -0800 (PST), RicodJour
wrote:

Yeah, surprises me as well. I feel alright, but maybe I should go to
a doctor and see if I've been zombie-ized.

I've been busy with travel and my new toy. I was traveling for a few
weeks - helped my nephew move to Pittsburgh and gave him a few days of
work, went to my 82 year old uncle's wedding in Punta Gorda and gave
him a few days of work, then bought a classic GMC motorhome and
stopped in on a couple of friends on the ride back to NY.

The motorhome thing is totally new to me - I'm not a motorhead at all
and never played around with cars, so I have a lot of catching up to
do. It's almost 35 years old which makes it more interesting and and
I have a helluva lot of reading to do since people have been posting
about them since Al Gore invented the intertubes.

Wishing all a Happy New Year.

" Punta Gorda" -- fifty years ago it might have had a flashing caution
light. Can't recall but it was a blink your eye and you passed it.

Yankees everywhere now days :-\
Posted to alt.home.repair

I've been busy with travel and my new toy. I was traveling for a few
weeks - helped my nephew move to Pittsburgh and gave him a few days of
work, went to my 82 year old uncle's wedding in Punta Gorda and gave
him a few days of work, then bought a classic GMC motorhome and
stopped in on a couple of friends on the ride back to NY.

The motorhome thing is totally new to me - I'm not a motorhead at all
and never played around with cars, so I have a lot of catching up to
do. It's almost 35 years old which makes it more interesting and and
I have a helluva lot of reading to do since people have been posting
about them since Al Gore invented the intertubes.

I ended up on the rocky seashore of romance with the majority of the bank
account, and a 34' Newmar RV. At first, I hated it. Then, after about six
weeks, I absolutely loved it. There is so much freedom.

The mechanics of them is a separate matter, but the lifestyle is to die for.
Particularly in the west, where one can pull over just about anywhere, level
it up, put out the slide(s) throw out a reclining lawn chair, push AUTO on
the satellite, build a fire, and watch Monday night football with an adult
beverage or three, while listening to the coyotes and watching the shooting
stars. Meet all kinds of interesting people, too.

As per Internet discussion, some of the rv-travel-groups are more addlepated
than ahr. Most of the people who write the most are sitting on blocks. The
ones who are out doing the deed are too busy to write. Kinda like ahr in
that respect, too.

I'd buy another in a heartbeat if I hit the Lotto. And my first trip would
be one year long at the minimum.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I bought a lot sight unseen when they were building it back in the mid
1970s, I believe. The in-laws bought a lot also. I never saw the place
and never built anything on it.
I turned it over to my wife as part of the divorce settlement in 1975.
I don't know what she did with it. The ex-wife and the ex-in-laws
never built anything there either. They all settled on the east coast of
Florida.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:54:22 -0800, Oren wrote:

" Punta Gorda" -- fifty years ago it might have had a flashing caution
light. Can't recall but it was a blink your eye and you passed it.

Yankees everywhere now days :-\

Seems to be a regional enclave thing. There is a direct flight from
Worcester MA to Punta Gorda twice a week. I know a few people that
winter there and most of the winter residents are from central MA, NY,
and all concentrated in a few areas of PG.

The company I work for is owned by two partners and both have places
within a couple of miles. I won't see them but for a few days until
the end of March.
Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote in
:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tim...uary.aspx?n=vi

[...]

[Frikkin' dead guy has more of a life than I do...sigh]
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

RicodJour wrote in
:

"Jim Q." wrote :
"Red Green" wrote in message

[...]

Glad you're fine! Seems like a great way to pass the time. Wife and I
thought about it a lot, then rented one and drove it around a bit. She
didn't like the way it drove and/or the way I drove it, and worst of all,
since this old man has to get up at night, she didn't like it wobbling
her awake. So we saved a lot of money by renting it and not buying ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Please don't say they moved to Miami!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 16:27:17 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:54:22 -0800, Oren wrote:

" Punta Gorda" -- fifty years ago it might have had a flashing caution
light. Can't recall but it was a blink your eye and you passed it.

Yankees everywhere now days :-\

Seems to be a regional enclave thing. There is a direct flight from
Worcester MA to Punta Gorda twice a week. I know a few people that
winter there and most of the winter residents are from central MA, NY,
and all concentrated in a few areas of PG.

....yankees

The company I work for is owned by two partners and both have places
within a couple of miles. I won't see them but for a few days until
the end of March.

PG should never have an international airport :-\

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No. North of Miami.
Boca Raton, Pompano Beach, and Deerfield Beach.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2011 4:09 PM, Steve B wrote:
[...]

Good grief...camping brings one in contact with strange folks.
Strangest were those who bring along a s---load of "landscaping"!
Outdoor lights, plastic fences, flower pots....thought the whole point
was to travel light ) Florida had some pretty great parks; can stay a
month or so at no cost but being the mentor? (wrong word) for the camp
site....give directions, answer questions, pick up trash. We had a
small pop-up, which held all I needed; got to a shuttle launch and slept
in 40 degree weather; toes got cold.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2011 4:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:54:22 -0800, wrote:

" Punta Gorda" -- fifty years ago it might have had a flashing caution
light. Can't recall but it was a blink your eye and you passed it.

Yankees everywhere now days :-\

Seems to be a regional enclave thing. There is a direct flight from
Worcester MA to Punta Gorda twice a week. I know a few people that
winter there and most of the winter residents are from central MA, NY,
and all concentrated in a few areas of PG.

The company I work for is owned by two partners and both have places
within a couple of miles. I won't see them but for a few days until
the end of March.

I lived on west coast but never knew where Punta Gorda was...sailed to
Char. Harbor once. Great area ... Myakka River S.P., Captiva and
Sanibel, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 31, 4:27*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:54:22 -0800, Oren wrote:

" Punta Gorda" -- fifty years ago it might have had a flashing caution
light. Can't recall but it was a blink your eye and you passed it.

Yankees everywhere now days :-\

50 years ago a lot of places were blinks of the eye, but the warm
places - FL & AZ primarily - saw the lion's share of the growth.
Personally I like winter and snow, so it's doubtful that you'd have to
worry about me adding to your perceived population growth problem.
I'd probably just take advantage of the current low prices and buy a
place or three...and rent them out to Yankees.

Seems to be a regional enclave thing. *There is a direct flight from
Worcester MA to Punta Gorda twice a week. *I know a few people that
winter there and most of the winter residents are from central MA, NY,
and all concentrated in a few areas of PG.

That's interesting. I flew out of the PG airport for the first time
to go to SC to pick up the RV. I liked the small airport and it's a
helluva lot easier and faster to get to my Uncle's place from there
than from Fort Myers or Tampa. I have a bunch of friends up
Worchester way, so it'd give me an opportunity to visit with people on
both ends.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Q." wrote :
"Red Green" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks, Han. Some of the RVs have push-button leveling jacks to
prevent that wobbling. The driving thing is only addressed by getting
used to it, and that takes time. Once someone realizes that the thing
is not going to roll over and burst into flames they usually quiet
down and reflect on the scenery.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Dec 31 2011, 2:38*pm, RicodJour wrote:

snip

bought a classic GMC motorhome and
stopped in on a couple of friends on the ride back to NY.

snip

You bought a real classic. IMO, that and the Corvette are the only
things that GM got right for many years. Take care of it and it will
rack up more happy miles than most RV's before or since.

Joe