Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Craigslist worked, for me

I'm writing to say nice things about Craigslist.
http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

A couple days ago, I got a newer refrigerator. I did my best to give the old
one away for free, to anyone from my church who needed a refrigerator. No
interest.

So, I listed it on Craigslist, for $25. About four hours later I had one
email. I called the person, who came over and paid me cash. He and a friend
loaded it on his truck, barely gave me a chance to help out. Explained that
his fridge wasn't cooling, and he needed one to get him by for a while.

Craigslist worked, for me. I promptly deleted the ad.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/13/11 11:30 am, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm writing to say nice things about Craigslist.
http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

A couple days ago, I got a newer refrigerator. I did my best to give the old
one away for free, to anyone from my church who needed a refrigerator. No
interest.

So, I listed it on Craigslist, for $25. About four hours later I had one
email. I called the person, who came over and paid me cash. He and a friend
loaded it on his truck, barely gave me a chance to help out. Explained that
his fridge wasn't cooling, and he needed one to get him by for a while.

Craigslist worked, for me. I promptly deleted the ad.

We ourselves have never used Craig's List, but our niece is an old hand,
so we had her list an item for us. The only response she received had
all the marks of being a scam, once I read all the caveats on the CL Web
site. Reading their advice on fraud prevention is quite instructive.

My short version is: Craig's List is fine for local transactions where
the prospective purchaser can examine the item and where payment is made
in cash -- even cashier's checks can be forged, I understand.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm not a regular user but we found a guy to paint our metal barn roofs on Craig's List when all the regular routes failed. Also, I bought a BBQ/smoker through them for a reasonable price.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote

My short version is: Craig's List is fine for local transactions where the
prospective purchaser can examine the item and where payment is made in
cash -- even cashier's checks can be forged, I understand.

Perce

And for large heavy items that selling and shipping on ebay or such would be
prohibitive. I have bought and gotten rid of things on craigslist that I
thought I would have to haul to the dump. And found some pretty hard to
find stuff.

I imagine that fellow was really happy with his temporary $25 solution to
his spoiling food predicament. I advertised for free dead fridges/freezers
to brew beer in, and got a nice freezer for free that was fully functional,
just needed a new cord.

We have a local AM radio thing that is a hoot. It is called "TRADIO".
KSUB, Cedar City, Utah. 9-10AM every weekday. No commercials or business
advertisements. Guns allowed. Animals allowed. Not too many prohibited
things. It is live with a 7 second delay so they can beep something if they
have to. I have finished my ad, and within 15 seconds, the phone rings, and
I sell the article. Local stuff, they pick it up. Found thousands of
dollars of new steel used in metal buildings, paid $400.

Yes, I have had scammers hit on me on craigslist. So, I don't bother to
answer any of those that want me to take it off, hold it, have another
person pick it up and give me a MO, that sort of stuff. Just bring cash,
and a leash, and drag this dog off, and we'll both be happy.

Steve

buy the book on ebay, search heart surgery survival guide
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
soon available on website

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pavel314" wrote in message
I'm not a regular user but we found a guy to paint our metal barn roofs on
Craig's List when all the regular routes failed. Also, I bought a
BBQ/smoker through them for a reasonable price.

I like it, because most of the time, I can go and SEE the item.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I'm writing to say nice things about Craigslist.
http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

A couple days ago, I got a newer refrigerator. I did my best to give the
old
one away for free, to anyone from my church who needed a refrigerator. No
interest.

So, I listed it on Craigslist, for $25. About four hours later I had one
email. I called the person, who came over and paid me cash. He and a
friend
loaded it on his truck, barely gave me a chance to help out. Explained
that
his fridge wasn't cooling, and he needed one to get him by for a while.

Craigslist worked, for me. I promptly deleted the ad.

--

Well I am glad you promptly deleted your add. A great majority of people
never delete them when items are sold or event dates have past.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'm writing to say nice things about Craigslist.
http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

A couple days ago, I got a newer refrigerator. I did my best to give
the old one away for free, to anyone from my church who needed a
refrigerator. No interest.

So, I listed it on Craigslist, for $25. About four hours later I had
one email. I called the person, who came over and paid me cash. He
and a friend loaded it on his truck, barely gave me a chance to help
out. Explained that his fridge wasn't cooling, and he needed one to
get him by for a while.

Craigslist worked, for me. I promptly deleted the ad.

I've dumped a lot of stuff I just wanted to get rid of on Craigslist. The
trick is weeding out the phone/texting idiots and sticking to email
communication.

I figure if someone can read/write and carry on a written communication they
should be halfway decent, and usually that is the case. The funny part is
when giving something away for free; only about half of those people ever
show up, so I just give free stuff to St. Vinnie's now.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 13, 1:23*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote

[...]

A few years back, I wanted to purchase a 10' aluminum step ladder.

On a lark, I decided to check eBay even though I knew that the
shipping costs would outweigh any cost savings I might find.

I came across an essentially brand new Werner type 1A 10' step ladder
for $60. It was listed as "pick up only" in a town about 20 minutes
from my Mom's house in Massachusetts, which is about 350 miles from my
house.

It was late November and we were going to Mom's house for Christmas so
I emailed the seller and told him I'd pay for it right away if he'd
hold it until Christmas week.

"It's just hanging on my garage wall, so sure...pay me and it's yours.

I guess he could have ripped me off, but I trusted the guy, paid him
and during Christmas week I picked it up, strapped it to the top of my
van and have been enjoying it ever since.

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I'm writing to say nice things about Craigslist.
http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

A couple days ago, I got a newer refrigerator. I did my best to give the
old
one away for free, to anyone from my church who needed a refrigerator. No
interest.

So, I listed it on Craigslist, for $25. About four hours later I had one
email. I called the person, who came over and paid me cash. He and a
friend
loaded it on his truck, barely gave me a chance to help out. Explained
that
his fridge wasn't cooling, and he needed one to get him by for a while.

Craigslist worked, for me. I promptly deleted the ad.

I sold 2 grave plots I discovered my Mom owned on C'sL after she died.
Before I actually sold them, for real, I had fun playing with some idiot
from NY that wanted to send his movers over to pick them up after the
"check" he sent me arrived.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I was listening to the Clark Howard radio show, today. And one of his
callers said exactly that. You're spot on, mate.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message

We ourselves have never used Craig's List, but our niece is an old hand,
so we had her list an item for us. The only response she received had
all the marks of being a scam, once I read all the caveats on the CL Web
site. Reading their advice on fraud prevention is quite instructive.

My short version is: Craig's List is fine for local transactions where
the prospective purchaser can examine the item and where payment is made
in cash -- even cashier's checks can be forged, I understand.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

got my girl friend & her son on craiglist, its worked out very well
thank you......

her son took a few months to settle in but were all getting along fine
now
Posted to alt.home.repair

I would expect them to get tired of getting calls for the (sold) item. Guess
not?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Roanin" wrote in message

Well I am glad you promptly deleted your add. A great majority of people
never delete them when items are sold or event dates have past.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm thinking of haul a lot of my usable clutter to ABVI Goodwill. They can
sell the stuff in time for Christmas, and have the money they make.

I'm always suspicious of people who want to immediately change the format
"look at my web site, and email me from there" gets deleted.

The scam Clark Howard's caller mentioned. Distatnt buyer. Paying by bank
check which was "accidentally" over the sale price. Buyer requests seller to
deposit the check, send the cash back, and keep a c'note for the buyer's
trouble.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message

I've dumped a lot of stuff I just wanted to get rid of on Craigslist. The
trick is weeding out the phone/texting idiots and sticking to email
communication.

I figure if someone can read/write and carry on a written communication they
should be halfway decent, and usually that is the case. The funny part is
when giving something away for free; only about half of those people ever
show up, so I just give free stuff to St. Vinnie's now.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Score! You and the seller are obviously honorable men.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

A few years back, I wanted to purchase a 10' aluminum step ladder.

On a lark, I decided to check eBay even though I knew that the
shipping costs would outweigh any cost savings I might find.

I came across an essentially brand new Werner type 1A 10' step ladder
for $60. It was listed as "pick up only" in a town about 20 minutes
from my Mom's house in Massachusetts, which is about 350 miles from my
house.

It was late November and we were going to Mom's house for Christmas so
I emailed the seller and told him I'd pay for it right away if he'd
hold it until Christmas week.

"It's just hanging on my garage wall, so sure...pay me and it's yours.

I guess he could have ripped me off, but I trusted the guy, paid him
and during Christmas week I picked it up, strapped it to the top of my
van and have been enjoying it ever since.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Everybody knows that grave plots can only be moved by pros. Too deep for
most ordinary joes.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"tom" wrote in message ...

I sold 2 grave plots I discovered my Mom owned on C'sL after she died.
Before I actually sold them, for real, I had fun playing with some idiot
from NY that wanted to send his movers over to pick them up after the
"check" he sent me arrived.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Didn't work out so well for these people.
http://www.huliq.com/12092/ohio-crai...tim-identified

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
DerbyDad03 wrote:
...snipped...
A few years back, I wanted to purchase a 10' aluminum step ladder.

...Craigslist story with pleasant resolution snipped...

I guess he could have ripped me off, but I trusted the guy, paid him
and during Christmas week I picked it up, strapped it to the top of my
van and have been enjoying it ever since.

I've needed a ladder at times too but I'd never say I enjoyed it...
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

www.exmormon.org

Oh, Gawd. Pardon the blasphemy. Now if we could only achieve the same
level of consciousness among top posters. A top poster who condones the
immediate retraction of items sold on craigslist.

Ah, we can always dream, can we not?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Curt" wrote in message ...

[...]

The Long Island Serial Killer is suspected of using Craigslist to lure some
or most of his 10 female victims to their deaths. I'm aware of a number of
other deaths that resulted from Craigslist interactions.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Green" wrote

The Long Island Serial Killer is suspected of using Craigslist to lure
some
or most of his 10 female victims to their deaths. I'm aware of a number
of
other deaths that resulted from Craigslist interactions.

--
Bobby G.

**** happens. You can't explain serial killers, or serial top posters who
just have to do what they do. No matter what.

They're compound stupid. They don't know that they don't know.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 17:30:14 -0500, "Curt" wrote:

Didn't work out so well for these people.
http://www.huliq.com/12092/ohio-crai...tim-identified

That's a shame. People looking for work.
But similar has happened in regular newspaper want ads.
"MODEL WANTED - bring overnight bag."
And hookers are always in danger.

Don't know if others here had things like "Trading Times"
which was a thick bi-weekly publication around here.
Free to take from where anybody gave them space to stack them up.
Ad takers paid a fee for the ad.
No hooker or "personal" stuff, just selling hard goods and some
"wanted to buy."
I don't know if that's still around.
Only time I used it I drove way too far to look at a cap for my pick
up. The damn thing was home-made, badly built, in the weeds, falling
apart and going rotten. Don't know why that asshole though anybody
would pay him for that. Yeah, he wanted money for that.

I've browsed Craigslist for tools. Looks like you can find some
deals. If I wanted a table saw I'd look there first.

A couple years ago I got on my kid to get 6 tires/rims out of my
garage. He put them on Craigslist for $700.
About a week later I get a company check for about $2800 made out to
him.
I googled the company and called them about it. Get to a guy in
accounting and he tells me somebody got into their system and stole
some checks. They've been killed, just tear it up.
In the meantime my kid is getting emails and a letter containing 3
addressed and stamped envelopes.
He's supposed to cash the $2800 check, keep $700, and send various
amounts of what's left in the 3 envelopes.
Somebody will arrange to pick up the tires later.
He took all that garbage to the post office and filled out a fraud
form. Never heard a thing about in 2 years.
He never looked at Craigslist again.
The damn tires are still in my garage.

--Vic

Posted to alt.home.repair

Vic Smith wrote:
[...]

I've gotten lots, and sold lots on craigslist. No real problems other than a few
no-shows. It's way better than ads in the paper.

Good deals go FAST.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Buying is a hell of a lot easier than selling. I need them to call me. I
need exact times and gps info, and I already got their call back number.
I'm not leaving without communication.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Roanin" wrote:
[...]

I find most items come in so fast or are reposts, and you usually don't
look past 2 or 3 days old, so chances are it's recent. Had pretty good luck
getting there first.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
I'm writing to say nice things about Craigslist.
http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

A couple days ago, I got a newer refrigerator. I did my best to give the old
one away for free, to anyone from my church who needed a refrigerator. No
interest.

So, I listed it on Craigslist, for $25. About four hours later I had one
email. I called the person, who came over and paid me cash. He and a friend
loaded it on his truck, barely gave me a chance to help out. Explained that
his fridge wasn't cooling, and he needed one to get him by for a while.

Craigslist worked, for me. I promptly deleted the ad.

I have been buying some stuff for others. Lots of stuff on craigs list
these days. Got a one year old fridge for $125 excellent buy. Not the
biggest, but close to normal size. Air conditioner, dryer, stove, bedroom
set, all for under $500 .

Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Green wrote:
"Curt" wrote in message

[...]

So, arrange to meet the other party in the parking lot of a police station.
Or carry a gun.

Why do I have to think of everything?

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Long Island Serial Killer is suspected of using Craigslist to
lure some or most of his 10 female victims to their deaths. I'm
aware of a number of other deaths that resulted from Craigslist
interactions.

Heard on radio yesterday that they found body parts at a beach they were
searching after a homicide. They also found body parts from ten OTHER
corpses. There's a lot of people buried out there.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 13, 10:57*pm, gregz wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
[...]

A $25 19" TV for my basement
A $10 13" TV for my workshop
Two $20 13" TV/DVD combos for my kid's dorm rooms
A $10 microwave that I take on vacation if the hotel doesn't supply/
charges for them.
A $40 leaf blower
A $45 hydraulic floor jack

I could go on...Craigslist has been good to me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message

The Long Island Serial Killer is suspected of using Craigslist to
lure some or most of his 10 female victims to their deaths. I'm
aware of a number of other deaths that resulted from Craigslist
interactions.

Heard on radio yesterday that they found body parts at a beach they were
searching after a homicide. They also found body parts from ten OTHER
corpses. There's a lot of people buried out there.

Yep. There are either multiple killers or the one killer has picked up a
trick from the Green River killer and is mixing body parts and perhaps even
moving them around post mortem. When he was caught he said he would have
killed a lot more women if disposing of the bodies hadn't been such "a
chore."

Here on 1-95 near DC they were searching for Chandra Levy's body (the Gary
Condit affair) and found 7 other bodies in the wide median strip due south
of DC. Apparently an ease to access dumping ground just like the Long
Island beach area.

I going to venture a guess and say that there's probably similar areas near
every large metropolis where killers dump their victims.

My problem with Craigslist is that it's obvious got more than a few creeps
reading it. If they stay to the sex for hire pages, that's fine, but I'd
hate to think they might also look at and answer other ads. Yes, I am sure
a lot of very nice people use it, but it's obvious that many fraudsters and
a even a few killers do, too.

I've had a few goofballs to deal with on Ebay, but I also bought a $25,000
handicapped van I found there (although it was an "off-Ebay" transaction)
and have gotten quite a few excellent deals. How much of it was stolen, I
don't know, but I assuming at least some of it was. When I watch "Hardcore
Pawn" - a pawnshop show based in Detroit - I assume that *most* of what is
turned in is stolen. (-:

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Vic Smith" wrote in message

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 17:30:14 -0500, "Curt" wrote:

Didn't work out so well for these people.

http://www.huliq.com/12092/ohio-crai...ible-victim-id

entified

That's a shame. People looking for work.
But similar has happened in regular newspaper want ads.
"MODEL WANTED - bring overnight bag."
And hookers are always in danger.

From what I gather watching various crime documentaries, Craigslist has
become the primary nexus for the paid sex trade. Apparently pros are
leaving their traditional pimping operations and going off on their own
using mostly Craigslist to line up customers on their own. With no pimps to
ID their last trick, when these girls go missing the trial st

stuff snipped

About a week later I get a company check for about $2800 made out to
him.
I googled the company and called them about it. Get to a guy in
accounting and he tells me somebody got into their system and stole
some checks. They've been killed, just tear it up.

Very wise. The banks apparently often pay out on these accounts, only to
reverse the charge once the check bounces. If you were stupid enough to
distribute the cash before the check clears, you eat it, although with the
bad check charge. From what I can tell, people fall for this sort of scam
constantly.

The damn tires are still in my garage.

Don't worry, dry rot will eventually leave you with just the rims to sell .
.. . (-;

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote in message

stuff snipped

I've gotten lots, and sold lots on craigslist. No real problems other than

a few
no-shows. It's way better than ads in the paper.

Good deals go FAST.

Newspapers have lost a lot of income from the competition. I used to
remember when I bought and sold scanner radios how I'd go to the newstands
that I knew got the earliest edition of the Sunday Wash. Post that had a
huge classified section. (It's not so huge anymore!) Sometimes, I'd be
nice and wait until 7AM Sunday morning to make a call for some hot item to
find it was already gone. Someone called at 5AM! If you listed something
really cheap, you had to be prepared to leave you phone off the hook for a
day or two or be deluged with calls.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Craigslist is great, best thing there ever was for selling and buying.
Now you will get the towel head ramboyambo scammers wanting to send you
money they say wanting you to send your ss number and a account number..
Just tell them to suck a big root and get a job and delete it and go on...
From cars, trucks, tools,houses, to blow jobs you name it you can get it
our sell it on Craigslist

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Green" wrote

Yep. There are either multiple killers or the one killer has picked up a
trick from the Green River killer and is mixing body parts and perhaps
even
moving them around post mortem. When he was caught he said he would have
killed a lot more women if disposing of the bodies hadn't been such "a
chore."

Here on 1-95 near DC they were searching for Chandra Levy's body (the Gary
Condit affair) and found 7 other bodies in the wide median strip due south
of DC. Apparently an ease to access dumping ground just like the Long
Island beach area.

I going to venture a guess and say that there's probably similar areas
near
every large metropolis where killers dump their victims.

I lived in Las Vegas for a very long time. There are places in the desert
out there, way out there, where no one ever goes for any reason. "Dumping
the trash" would be easy.

When I watch "Hardcore
Pawn" - a pawnshop show based in Detroit - I assume that *most* of what is
turned in is stolen. (-:

--
Bobby G.

Hardcore Pawn is like screeching fingernails on a chalkboard. The old man
is crazier than a **** house rat, and the fruit doesn't fall far from the
tree for the rest of them And all that stupid clientele that comes in
....... it would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
I'm thinking of haul a lot of my usable clutter to ABVI Goodwill. They can
sell the stuff in time for Christmas, and have the money they make.

I'm always suspicious of people who want to immediately change the format
"look at my web site, and email me from there" gets deleted.

The scam Clark Howard's caller mentioned. Distatnt buyer. Paying by bank
check which was "accidentally" over the sale price. Buyer requests seller to
deposit the check, send the cash back, and keep a c'note for the buyer's
trouble.

Anything but planet aid, please.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Heard on radio yesterday that they found body parts at a beach they were
searching after a homicide. They also found body parts from ten OTHER
corpses. There's a lot of people buried out there.

Other C'sL body parts:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45673126.../#.Tuln6vL3KuI

Posted to alt.home.repair

"gregz" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
I'm thinking of haul a lot of my usable clutter to ABVI Goodwill. They
can
sell the stuff in time for Christmas, and have the money they make.

I'm always suspicious of people who want to immediately change the format
"look at my web site, and email me from there" gets deleted.

The scam Clark Howard's caller mentioned. Distatnt buyer. Paying by bank
check which was "accidentally" over the sale price. Buyer requests seller
deposit the check, send the cash back, and keep a c'note for the buyer's
trouble.

Anything but planet aid, please.

Greg

I hear there are actually people stupid enough that still do that. Similar
to top posters.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Robert Green" wrote

[...]

I believe it was "Casino" - based on the life of real mobsters - that
revealed that mobsters would travel far out into the desert and pre-dig
holes so they could just "drive and dump" the inevitable murder victim. The
rule was you could kill them in Las Vegas but you had to dump the body
elsewhere, beyond at least the Clark county line - the state line even
better. (-: I remembered how impressed my then-to-be future wife was
with the line in "Clueless" where the father says to his young daughter's
date: "Remember, I have a shovel and a .45."

When I watch "Hardcore
Pawn" - a pawnshop show based in Detroit - I assume that *most* of what

is
turned in is stolen. (-:

--
Bobby G.

Hardcore Pawn is like screeching fingernails on a chalkboard. The old man
is crazier than a **** house rat, and the fruit doesn't fall far from the
tree for the rest of them And all that stupid clientele that comes in
...... it would be funny if it weren't so sad.

It's hard to tell how much of it is real. I am sure that people try to
cheat pawnshop owners as much as pawnshop owners try to lowball sellers.
What surprises me is how many people think by making a loud scene, they can
get their way. Their security "team" needs some serious training about
teamwork. If the anger levels they show are anywhere near real, I see a
stabbing or shooting in the Gold's future very soon because, as you point
out, both father and son (and perhaps daughter, too) are long in haggling
skills but were both born with faces that make men want to fight. Someone's
going to dry gulch one of them. People get really ****ed at pawnbrokers who
sell sentimental stuff, even though the contract says they can for
non-payment.

Non PC content follows: Makes me glad I don't live in downtown Detroit.
There must me wealthy enclaves left around the city but the clientle of the
pawn shops is strictly low class. Except for the insane ones. I actually
froze the frame to count black v. white and the ratio was roughly 20 to 1
with the white people looking definitely "wrong" - dressed oddly, odd hair
dos, something was wrong with them.

I thought it odd they didn't appear to take serial numbers of game systems
down and mark them on the receipt. I watch it only because I've always had
a fascination for train wrecks, car crashes and ship sinkings. HCP is like
having all three in one. (-:

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Green" wrote

I thought it odd they didn't appear to take serial numbers of game systems
down and mark them on the receipt. I watch it only because I've always
had
a fascination for train wrecks, car crashes and ship sinkings. HCP is
like
having all three in one. (-:

--
Bobby G.

The old man is just a compilation of people I have not liked in my life. As
with any big mouth, he'll run into his match one day. Same thing for smart
alecky son. The shop has clientele that would just as soon rip your arm off
as look at you.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"tom" wrote in message ...
Heard on radio yesterday that they found body parts at a beach they

were
searching after a homicide. They also found body parts from ten OTHER
corpses. There's a lot of people buried out there.

Other C'sL body parts:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45673126.../#.Tuln6vL3KuI

Living donors, while wonderful and self-sacrificing people often have a
mental illness characterized by excessive self-sacrifice whose name I once
heard but forgot. Here's a scary paragraph from the always dubious Ehow
site that just might be true. Depression means no donations, hallucinating?
We'll see . .

Potential donors who are suffering from major psychiatric disorders such
as bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder or suicidal tendencies that
are not under control are unlikely to pass the psychological evaluation.
Potential donors who suffer from delusions or hallucinations would have to
be evaluated to see whether these are influencing their decision to
donate.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6805987_psy...donation_.html

I would suspect that someone who is delusional or who has hallucinations
gets ruled out right away from being able to understand what a living
donation means, but apparently the doctors differ.

I hate to say this, but if I were dying, I probably would be willing to buy
a black market kidney. I hope it never comes to that and I go like my dad -
like a string-cut puppet dead in seconds from a massive stroke. If not, I
hope those kidneys stay affordable! O Brave New World. Even stranger than
science fiction.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

stuff snipped

A $25 19" TV for my basement
A $10 13" TV for my workshop
Two $20 13" TV/DVD combos for my kid's dorm rooms
A $10 microwave that I take on vacation if the hotel doesn't supply/
charges for them.
A $40 leaf blower
A $45 hydraulic floor jack

I could go on...Craigslist has been good to me.

I think a lot has to do with where you live and what you're looking for.
NYC probably presents a totally different user profile than say, Sag Harbor.
You must drive to your vacation spot. A microwave is something I can't see
going by air . . .

The fake check scheme Vic mentioned is very successful, luring slightly
larcenous dummies into actually cashing the check and wiring money out, not
realizing they're wiring away money the bank will demand (or take) back from
them when the check eventually bounces. What's scary is how many people
staunchly believe once a bank cashes a check, that's it. The money is
theirs. What good is teaching kids quadratic equations when they apparently
don't know anything about how to deal with and protect their own money?

I am going to check out Goodwill and Purple Heart for some 13 and 19" analog
tube TV's for my home network. It will be interesting to compare prices.

--
Bobby G.