Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Craigslist worked, for me

I'm thinking of haul a lot of my usable clutter to ABVI Goodwill. They can
sell the stuff in time for Christmas, and have the money they make.

I'm always suspicious of people who want to immediately change the format
"look at my web site, and email me from there" gets deleted.

The scam Clark Howard's caller mentioned. Distatnt buyer. Paying by bank
check which was "accidentally" over the sale price. Buyer requests seller to
deposit the check, send the cash back, and keep a c'note for the buyer's
trouble.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message

I've dumped a lot of stuff I just wanted to get rid of on Craigslist. The
trick is weeding out the phone/texting idiots and sticking to email
communication.

I figure if someone can read/write and carry on a written communication they
should be halfway decent, and usually that is the case. The funny part is
when giving something away for free; only about half of those people ever
show up, so I just give free stuff to St. Vinnie's now.

Jon