Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What was this power drill attachment called?

I have some abrasive cylinders left from a Black and Decker power tool
attachment that died (bearing failed). It is no longer made, and I
cannot remember what it was called.

It had a long spindle with a handle at the far end (with a bearing) by
which one could hold the thing steady. The abrasive cylinder was held in
place by an internal rubber sleeve that expanded radially as it was
compressed laterally.

Anybody remember this thing and know what it was called? Yes, I've
Googled everything I can think of, but without success.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 6, 7:24*pm, "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
I have some abrasive cylinders left from a Black and Decker power tool
attachment that died (bearing failed). It is no longer made, and I
cannot remember what it was called.

It had a long spindle with a handle at the far end (with a bearing) by
which one could hold the thing steady. The abrasive cylinder was held in
place by an internal rubber sleeve that expanded radially as it was
compressed laterally.

Anybody remember this thing and know what it was called? Yes, I've
Googled everything I can think of, but without success.

Perce

Sounds like a hand held drum sander.

http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-H2882-.../dp/B0000DD494
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

Anybody remember this thing and know what it was called?

Haven't found it, but I did find this:

http://toolmonger.com/2007/12/26/mak...r-drill-press/

Turn your drill press into a lathe.

As for what you're looking for, I found this:

http://mackhorton.com/Sharpie%20web/...%20closeup.jpg

Which came from he

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...lt-sander-belt

Is that sort-of what you're looking for?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/06/11 07:41 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I have some abrasive cylinders left from a Black and Decker power tool
attachment that died (bearing failed). It is no longer made, and I
cannot remember what it was called.

It had a long spindle with a handle at the far end (with a bearing) by
which one could hold the thing steady. The abrasive cylinder was held in
place by an internal rubber sleeve that expanded radially as it was
compressed laterally.

Anybody remember this thing and know what it was called? Yes, I've
Googled everything I can think of, but without success.

Perce

Sounds like a hand held drum sander.

http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-H2882-.../dp/B0000DD494

Aha! The word "drum" hadn't occurred to me. Thanks.

It would be much closer to that than to what B&D now shows as "drum
sanders," e.g.:

http://www.blackanddecker.com/accessories/74-790.aspx

Mine are 6" x 1.5"

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

I think the key term is "hand held".

There are also full-sized drum sanders.

Do a Google Image search on Hand Held Drum Sanders and then do another
search on just Drum Sanders.

Big difference!

drill attachment Deodiaus Home Repair 17 September 28th 11 04:47 PM
drill attachment Jack Woodworking 0 September 28th 11 04:47 PM
Sanding attachment for drill jimmy Home Repair 0 February 11th 11 03:49 AM
Right Angle Drill Attachment Kit MiamiCuse Home Repair 7 December 31st 09 12:26 AM
hammer drill attachment? Chas12 Woodworking 6 December 9th 05 04:53 PM