Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default drill attachment

On 9/26/2011 1:29 PM, Just Wondering wrote:
On 9/26/2011 5:29 AM, Leon wrote:
On 9/25/2011 11:56 PM, Father Haskell wrote:
On Sep 26, 12:23 am, wrote:
I agree that working with a round-over bit is asking for trouble.
In a hardware store, I saw a drill grinder attachment which had a
concave hole, and was thinking that this might do the trick.
I was thinking of installing this on a lathe if that's what it takes.

BTW, how did they use to get a nice head on a wooden base ball bat ?
I suppose that they had some sort of lathe which would hold the base
while they could sand the ends.

Skilled woodturner with a skew chisel who did nothing
but turn bats all day.

More likely a robot programed to turn bats.

Yea, if you define a CNC lathe as a robot - rough turning 90 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov3awRWfVJc

Huh? This guy (gone Batty) seems to have more than one way to kill a bat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoKn1...eature=related

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

drill attachment Deodiaus Home Repair 17 September 28th 11 04:47 PM
Tormek Drill Bit Attachment tommyboy Woodworking 8 September 2nd 10 05:03 AM
Right Angle Drill Attachment Kit MiamiCuse Home Repair 7 December 31st 09 12:26 AM
Drill attachment query Kroma UK diy 14 October 28th 06 04:08 PM
hammer drill attachment? Chas12 Woodworking 6 December 9th 05 04:53 PM