Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tormek Drill Bit Attachment

Found this in my email a few days ago from Sharp Tools USA. Piqued my
interest so I followed the link to Jeff Farris' website. Got a look at
the price of this attachment. $254.95. Talk about sticker shock.
I'm not predicting a lot of these will be sold.

"The new DBS-22 Drill Bit Sharpening Attachment works with any size
twist drill, from 1/8" to 7/8", fractional or metric. Follow the
simple, well-documented directions to create a grind that resists
walking, cuts cleanly and works better in most materials than a
traditional flat grind. You can choose the optimum drill angle and
clearance angle, based on what material the drill will be used to cut.
The DBS-22 will arrive in the United States in early October. You can
be among the first to own this amazing new attachment. We are
accepting pre-orders now, but will not bill your credit card until
your DBS-22 is ready to ship."
https://www.sharptoolsusa.com/preorder.php?prodID=256
Posted to rec.woodworking

"tommyboy" wrote in message

Found this in my email a few days ago from Sharp Tools USA. Piqued my
interest so I followed the link to Jeff Farris' website. Got a look at
the price of this attachment. $254.95. Talk about sticker shock.
I'm not predicting a lot of these will be sold.

CRAP that is expensive..... You can get a Drill Doctor that does the same
thing for half the price and probably much faster. BTY my Drill Doctor will
do split point also.

IO'm knocking the Tormek, I have one and it is a very good grinder.

"The new DBS-22 Drill Bit Sharpening Attachment works with any size
twist drill, from 1/8" to 7/8", fractional or metric. Follow the
simple, well-documented directions to create a grind that resists
walking, cuts cleanly and works better in most materials than a
traditional flat grind. You can choose the optimum drill angle and
clearance angle, based on what material the drill will be used to cut.
The DBS-22 will arrive in the United States in early October. You can
be among the first to own this amazing new attachment. We are
accepting pre-orders now, but will not bill your credit card until
your DBS-22 is ready to ship."
https://www.sharptoolsusa.com/preorder.php?prodID=256

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

"tommyboy" wrote in message

Found this in my email a few days ago from Sharp Tools USA. Piqued my
interest so I followed the link to Jeff Farris' website. Got a look at
the price of this attachment. $254.95. Talk about sticker shock.
I'm not predicting a lot of these will be sold.

CRAP that is expensive..... You can get a Drill Doctor that does the same
thing for half the price and probably much faster. BTY my Drill Doctor
will do split point also.

IO'm knocking the Tormek, I have one and it is a very good grinder.

oops, NOT Knocking the Tormek.

Posted to rec.woodworking
No Name

On 8/30/2010 6:24 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message
wrote in message
Found this in my email a few days ago from Sharp Tools USA. Piqued my
interest so I followed the link to Jeff Farris' website. Got a look at
the price of this attachment. $254.95. Talk about sticker shock.
I'm not predicting a lot of these will be sold.

CRAP that is expensive..... You can get a Drill Doctor that does the same
thing for half the price and probably much faster. BTY my Drill Doctor
will do split point also.

IO'm knocking the Tormek, I have one and it is a very good grinder.

oops, NOT Knocking the Tormek.

I'll wait for JET to copy it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/31/10 2:42 PM, "__ Bøb __" wrote:
oops, NOT Knocking the Tormek.

I'll wait for JET to copy it.

You misspelled Harbor Freight. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 31, 4:12*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 8/31/10 2:42 PM, "__ Bøb __" wrote:

oops, NOT Knocking the Tormek.

I'll wait for JET to copy it.

You misspelled Harbor Freight. *:-)

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Lesseee now.... How many of these can I buy for that kind of
money....I can't see how you'd sharpen them...
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31AtRLNbaPL.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=3C=3C=3C=5F=5F_B=F8b_=5F=5F=3E=3E=3E=22?=
wrote:

On 8/30/2010 6:24 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message
wrote in message
Found this in my email a few days ago from Sharp Tools USA. Piqued my
interest so I followed the link to Jeff Farris' website. Got a look at
the price of this attachment. $254.95. Talk about sticker shock.
I'm not predicting a lot of these will be sold.

CRAP that is expensive..... You can get a Drill Doctor that does the same
thing for half the price and probably much faster. BTY my Drill Doctor
will do split point also.

IO'm knocking the Tormek, I have one and it is a very good grinder.

oops, NOT Knocking the Tormek.

I'll wait for JET to copy it.

I figure $255 will buy a helluva lot of drill bits...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 30, 6:14*pm, "Leon" wrote:

CRAP that is expensive..... You can get a Drill Doctor that does the same
thing for half the price and probably much faster. *BTY my Drill Doctor will
do split point also.

So will my right hand, and so can yours with a little practice.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 15:12:36 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 8/31/10 2:42 PM, "__ Bøb __" wrote:
oops, NOT Knocking the Tormek.

I'll wait for JET to copy it.

You misspelled Harbor Freight. :-)

Close, but Harbor Freight makes better knockoffs than Jet or Delta.

--
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy
simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.

Right Angle Drill Attachment Kit MiamiCuse Home Repair 7 December 31st 09 12:26 AM
FS: Mortising Attachment for Jet Drill Press Don Sforza Woodworking 1 March 10th 07 01:16 PM
Drill attachment query Kroma UK diy 14 October 28th 06 04:08 PM
hammer drill attachment? Chas12 Woodworking 6 December 9th 05 04:53 PM
Pillar drill milling attachment s--p--o--n--i--x UK diy 5 October 24th 05 09:28 PM