Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sanding attachment for drill

I cant seem to remember the name of the tool, however get down to your sears
store, they have a tool made just for you,
it's $99.00 and has many other attachments like scrapers, etc. A neat little
gadget but I already have to many gadgets

"Graven Water" wrote in message
I need to do some sanding in tight areas. I don't have a power sander, so
I thought of getting an attachment for my power drill, with a circular
sanding disk attached to it.

Does this work? I seem to be seeing online that a disk like that would
kick, you can't use it flat on the wood. People use drum sanding
attachments to drills but it seems if you have a disk attachment you can
only use the edge of the disk?

I tried a wire brush attachment to my drill and it worked sort of. But it
does kick if you use it flat.

I suspect my cordless drill would run out of power really quickly if used
this way?

Laura