Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default What was this power drill attachment called?

On 12/06/11 07:41 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I have some abrasive cylinders left from a Black and Decker power tool
attachment that died (bearing failed). It is no longer made, and I
cannot remember what it was called.

It had a long spindle with a handle at the far end (with a bearing) by
which one could hold the thing steady. The abrasive cylinder was held in
place by an internal rubber sleeve that expanded radially as it was
compressed laterally.

Anybody remember this thing and know what it was called? Yes, I've
Googled everything I can think of, but without success.

Perce

Sounds like a hand held drum sander.

http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-H2882-.../dp/B0000DD494

Aha! The word "drum" hadn't occurred to me. Thanks.

It would be much closer to that than to what B&D now shows as "drum
sanders," e.g.:

http://www.blackanddecker.com/accessories/74-790.aspx

Mine are 6" x 1.5"

Perce