Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Programmable Thermostat

On my Totaline Programmable 5-2 Day Digital Thermostat, the "Mode
Switch" is set to "Heat" and the "Fan Switch" is set to "Auto". Now,
how do set the temperature so the heater:

heats to 80 degrees at 5 AM
drops to 74 degrees at 8 AM
heats to 78 at 5 PM
heats to 80 degrees until 10 PM
drops to 72 degrees at 11 PM

Posted to alt.home.repair

gcotterl wrote:
On my Totaline Programmable 5-2 Day Digital Thermostat, the "Mode
Switch" is set to "Heat" and the "Fan Switch" is set to "Auto". Now,
how do set the temperature so the heater:

heats to 80 degrees at 5 AM
drops to 74 degrees at 8 AM
heats to 78 at 5 PM
heats to 80 degrees until 10 PM
drops to 72 degrees at 11 PM

Hi,
Read the manual!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 20:08:13 -0800 (PST), gcotterl
wrote:

On my Totaline Programmable 5-2 Day Digital Thermostat, the "Mode
Switch" is set to "Heat" and the "Fan Switch" is set to "Auto". Now,
how do set the temperature so the heater:

heats to 80 degrees at 5 AM
drops to 74 degrees at 8 AM
heats to 78 at 5 PM
heats to 80 degrees until 10 PM
drops to 72 degrees at 11 PM

Did it come with a manual? If not, just push the buttons until you
find the programming ones. Usually start with "set"

I'm glad I don't live with you. I could not stand that kind of heat.
We never go above 70, most of the time it is 68, bedrooms at night are
63.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On my Totaline Programmable 5-2 Day Digital Thermostat, the "Mode
Switch" is set to "Heat" and the "Fan Switch" is set to "Auto". Now,
how do set the temperature so the heater:

heats to 80 degrees at 5 AM
drops to 74 degrees at 8 AM
heats to 78 at 5 PM
heats to 80 degrees until 10 PM
drops to 72 degrees at 11 PM

Did it come with a manual? If not, just push the buttons until you
find the programming ones. Usually start with "set"

I'm glad I don't live with you. I could not stand that kind of heat.
We never go above 70, most of the time it is 68, bedrooms at night are
63.

Hi,
If manual is not on hand, down load from their web site.
Wonder if that model 'stat can handle 5 settings per day.
Most has 4 settings ie. wake, leave, return, sleep.
Posted to alt.home.repair

G,

The manuals may be found here.
http://www.totaline.com/consumer/products.cfm
Like the others I'm not sure that you can change temp more than 4 times in a
day, unless you have the remote control type. But, you leave an hour gap
where you heat until 10:00 pm. Not clear what happens between 10:00 pm and
11:00 pm. You then want the furnace to drop to 72 at 11:00. If your house
has adequate insulation and the climate isn't too cold then you can set the
thermostat to 72 at 10:00 pm and the house will not be down to 72deg. by
11:00

Dave M.
"gcotterl" wrote in message
On my Totaline Programmable 5-2 Day Digital Thermostat, the "Mode
Switch" is set to "Heat" and the "Fan Switch" is set to "Auto". Now,
how do set the temperature so the heater:

heats to 80 degrees at 5 AM
drops to 74 degrees at 8 AM
heats to 78 at 5 PM
heats to 80 degrees until 10 PM
drops to 72 degrees at 11 PM

Posted to alt.home.repair

My Totaline thermostat manual is at:

http://www.totaline.com/dl/P474-1035...s9iESOI-mWldQQ

I have the “Mode Switch” in the “HEAT” position, the “FAN SWITCH” in
the “AUTO” and the “Program Switch” in the “SET” position.

If the thermostat can't switch between heating and cooling, why does
"Cool" and "Heat" appear in the "Display" window for each time
period? (The manual says that "In normal operation, 'Heat' or 'Cool'
appears reflecting the mode switch position").

Page 10 of the manual says to “Use these buttons to adjust the COOL
setpoint for the morning time period” and “Use these buttons to adjust
the HEAT setpoint for the morning time period”.

I guess I don’t know what “setpoint” means.is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:39:12 -0800 (PST), gcotterl
wrote:

My Totaline thermostat manual is at:

http://www.totaline.com/dl/P474-1035...s9iESOI-mWldQQ

I have the “Mode Switch” in the “HEAT” position, the “FAN SWITCH” in
the “AUTO” and the “Program Switch” in the “SET” position.

If the thermostat can't switch between heating and cooling, why does
"Cool" and "Heat" appear in the "Display" window for each time
period? (The manual says that "In normal operation, 'Heat' or 'Cool'
appears reflecting the mode switch position").

Page 10 of the manual says to “Use these buttons to adjust the COOL
setpoint for the morning time period” and “Use these buttons to adjust
the HEAT setpoint for the morning time period”.

I guess I don’t know what “setpoint” means.is.

Setpoint is the temperature you want to set it at. Such as, 70
degrees.
Posted to alt.home.repair

gcotterl wrote the following:
On my Totaline Programmable 5-2 Day Digital Thermostat, the "Mode
Switch" is set to "Heat" and the "Fan Switch" is set to "Auto". Now,
how do set the temperature so the heater:

heats to 80 degrees at 5 AM
drops to 74 degrees at 8 AM
heats to 78 at 5 PM
heats to 80 degrees until 10 PM
drops to 72 degrees at 11 PM

Geez, my programmable thermostat is set at least 10 degrees less than
each of your settings.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

The “Mode Switch” is in the “HEAT” position and the “FAN SWITCH” is in
the “AUTO” position.

When the “Program Switch” is in the “SET” position, do I need to set
the COOL setpoint?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"gcotterl" wrote in message
On my Totaline Programmable 5-2 Day Digital Thermostat, the "Mode
Switch" is set to "Heat" and the "Fan Switch" is set to "Auto". Now,
how do set the temperature so the heater:

heats to 80 degrees at 5 AM
drops to 74 degrees at 8 AM
heats to 78 at 5 PM
heats to 80 degrees until 10 PM
drops to 72 degrees at 11 PM

I would still think it will only heat or cool depending on where you set the
switch, but not both in the automatic mode. While it will not switch to
the cool mode, you can set the temperature to the lower point and if the
house cools down lower than that, it will start heating. If there is not
much heat loss in the house, it will not reach the lower point.
Depending on the unit, it may not even be able to cool from 80 to 72 deg in
one hour. Your last two setpoints.
Will it take 5 setpoints ?
Also do you want it to start heating at the stated times, or reach the
temperature at that time ? It take a while to change the actual room
temperature. If you want to reach those temperatures at the given time, you
will have to program it maybe 1/2 to 1 hour ahead of time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

G,

Your thermostat has both heating and cooling capabilities. You select
which one you desire by setting a switch to heat or cool. The choice of
heating or cooling must be manually set. Let's be clear, if you are heating
the house to 78deg and you have the thermostat programmed to drop to 70deg
at 10:30. At 10:30 your furnace will stop running and won't start until the
house cools off below 70 deg. This cooling will not be caused by running the
AC until the house is cool (the thermostat is set to Heat). The cooling will
occur because it is cold outside.
When you are programming your thermostat it allows you to program both
the heating and the cooling. Obviously, if you're using the heat now you
don't need to program the cooling yet. Since you have the manual in front of
you now it might be a good time to program the cooling, though.

Dave M.