suecork

Default Which programmable thermostat??

Hello,

I live in Georgia and for the main floor of my house have a PAYNE
PG8UAA upflow propane gas furnace(in the basement) and for the
upstairs I have a heat pump(with eheat setting- all thermostats I
looked at a thoome depot said they would NOT work with a heat pump).

I was wondering if any particular programmable thermostat would be
best?

I get the impression that Honeywells have a good reputation but I do
not understand about this 1 stage or 2 stage furnace thing- not sure
which I have? Or should I try to get ones made by the PAYNE company
itself?

Thanks for any info

Susan in GA

HeatMan

"suecork" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I live in Georgia and for the main floor of my house have a PAYNE
PG8UAA upflow propane gas furnace(in the basement) and for the
upstairs I have a heat pump(with eheat setting- all thermostats I
looked at a thoome depot said they would NOT work with a heat pump).

I was wondering if any particular programmable thermostat would be
best?

I get the impression that Honeywells have a good reputation but I do
not understand about this 1 stage or 2 stage furnace thing- not sure
which I have?

Well, I like Honeywell, except for the ones that are sold at the box stores.
Those don't seem to be very long lived. A VisionPRO thermostat would be a
good bet, but they aren't sold ath the box stores.

Or should I try to get ones made by the PAYNE company
itself?

Payne, owned by Carrier Corp, does not make any thermostats. They are
manufactured by another company and the Payne label is put on them.

Thanks for any info

Susan in GA

suecork wrote:
Hello,

I live in Georgia and for the main floor of my house have a PAYNE
PG8UAA upflow propane gas furnace(in the basement) and for the
upstairs I have a heat pump(with eheat setting- all thermostats I
looked at a thoome depot said they would NOT work with a heat pump).

I was wondering if any particular programmable thermostat would be
best?

I get the impression that Honeywells have a good reputation but I do
not understand about this 1 stage or 2 stage furnace thing- not sure
which I have? Or should I try to get ones made by the PAYNE company
itself?

Thanks for any info

Susan in GA

Susan,

I purchased a Honeywell Program 7-day thermostate Heat Pump....

I believe its a G6800.. It works like a charm.. I would goto
honeywell site and look @ which stat you need.

If you have questions contact the manufacture of the furnace and ask

You might need 2 stats one for base ment and one for upstairs depending
on you oursetup. Get a local HVAC shop to come out and look @ it for
you..