suecork

Default Which programmable thermostat??

Hello,

I live in Georgia and for the main floor of my house have a PAYNE
PG8UAA upflow propane gas furnace(in the basement) and for the
upstairs I have a heat pump(with eheat setting- all thermostats I
looked at a thoome depot said they would NOT work with a heat pump).

I was wondering if any particular programmable thermostat would be
best?

I get the impression that Honeywells have a good reputation but I do
not understand about this 1 stage or 2 stage furnace thing- not sure
which I have? Or should I try to get ones made by the PAYNE company
itself?

Thanks for any info

Susan in GA