Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ! ! !

Just like the lyrics to the old sone, I'm looking forward tot he snow
tonight. Bought a new snowblower when Lowed had the 15% off sale. It
sits in the garage, gassed up and ready to go. Predictions are 5 to
8 inches overnight.

I'm also hoping that it is the last snow of the winter, but I doubt
that is going to happen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowskio" wrote in message

Just like the lyrics to the old sone, I'm looking forward tot he snow
tonight. Bought a new snowblower when Lowed had the 15% off sale. It
sits in the garage, gassed up and ready to go. Predictions are 5 to
8 inches overnight.

I'm also hoping that it is the last snow of the winter, but I doubt
that is going to happen.

I am so happy for you.

I want you to get the maximum benefit from your new toy so you can have my
snow for this winter.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed wrote in message

Just like the lyrics to the old sone, I'm looking forward tot he snow
tonight. Bought a new snowblower when Lowed had the 15% off sale. It
sits in the garage, gassed up and ready to go. Predictions are 5 to
8 inches overnight.

I'm also hoping that it is the last snow of the winter, but I doubt
that is going to happen.

I am so happy for you.

I want you to get the maximum benefit from your new toy so you can
have my
snow for this winter.

Colbyt

+1

Only plus side of early snow, is it gives a plausible excuse to give up
on leaf raking.

--
aem sends....
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowskio wrote:

Just like the lyrics to the old sone, I'm looking forward tot he snow
tonight. Bought a new snowblower when Lowed had the 15% off sale. It
sits in the garage, gassed up and ready to go. Predictions are 5 to
8 inches overnight.

I'm also hoping that it is the last snow of the winter, but I doubt
that is going to happen.

Hi,
Have fun. I am putting winter tires on my car this week end. Yard is
vacuumed for the last time. Mowed and fertilized the lawn. Emptied rain
barrels. It can snow now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

So, you're Italian Pole? Skio, now?

I hope you get the righteous desires of your heart.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Pawlowskio" wrote in message

Just like the lyrics to the old sone, I'm looking forward
tot he snow
tonight. Bought a new snowblower when Lowed had the 15% off
sale. It
sits in the garage, gassed up and ready to go. Predictions
are 5 to
8 inches overnight.

I'm also hoping that it is the last snow of the winter, but
I doubt
that is going to happen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I offered snow on a freecyle list, one time. Got some
laughs.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"John" wrote in message

I want you to get the maximum benefit from your new toy so
you can have my
snow for this winter.

Colbyt

+1

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/29/2011 1:39 PM, Ed Pawlowskio wrote:

Just like the lyrics to the old sone, I'm looking forward tot he snow
tonight. Bought a new snowblower when Lowed had the 15% off sale. It
sits in the garage, gassed up and ready to go. Predictions are 5 to
8 inches overnight.

I'm also hoping that it is the last snow of the winter, but I doubt
that is going to happen.

4" here so far and it is heavy and sticky. So the snow blower won't be
used today.
Posted to alt.home.repair

From: "Christopher Young"
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:29:57 -0500
Subject: [frny] OFFER: SNOW: Farmington

(Moderator's note: The mods reportedly have no sense of
humor. This message gave even us a laugh, so it's being
posted.)

Several cubic yards of fresh, white snow. Farmington NY.

Snow is brand new, and has never been used for industrial or
residential applications. Does not come with packaging, or
EPA warning
tag for ecological disposal. Though, this may be
downloadable from the
EPA (dot gov) web site.

Suitable for building snow forts, cooling beverages (if
beverages are
in container). Also suited for cooling industrial equipment,
or
condensors for industrial process distillation equipment.
This snow is
very clean, but not warranted to be food grade, and as such
should not
be used in direct contact with food.

Can be spread about the yard in order to make "snow forts"
or "snow
angels". Can also be shaped to make housing units known as
"igloos".
Suitable for children ages 2 and up, if properly dressed. I
do not
accept any liability for hypothermia or chills if this snow
is
misused.

Please email to arrange for pickup. Persons picking up
should have a
pickup truck, trailer, or mini van. Donor can help load
vehicle if
necessary, but we prefer you to bring your own containers,
ramp, shovels, etc.

Donor will consider all recipients, and gives preference to
those who
reply soonest.

Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed wrote in message

Just like the lyrics to the old sone, I'm looking forward tot he snow
tonight. Bought a new snowblower when Lowed had the 15% off sale. It
sits in the garage, gassed up and ready to go. Predictions are 5 to
8 inches overnight.

I'm also hoping that it is the last snow of the winter, but I doubt
that is going to happen.

I am so happy for you.

I want you to get the maximum benefit from your new toy so you can
have my
snow for this winter.

Colbyt

+1

Only plus side of early snow, is it gives a plausible excuse to give up
on leaf raking.

You mean you don't have a jet engine sound level blower and spend two
hours each day in the yard this time of year annoying the whole
neighborhood? We have two neighbors that do that. I just run over them
with the mulching blade mower. The remains disappear after it rains.

Posted to alt.home.repair

More detail, please. Where are you?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"George"
wrote in message ...

I'm also hoping that it is the last snow of the winter,
but I doubt
that is going to happen.

4" here so far and it is heavy and sticky. So the snow
blower won't be
used today.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I had it on questionable authority that it was sprinkled wit yellow snow.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed wrote in message

[...]

I mulch as many as I can, but if I don't herd SOME of them to the tree
line, there are just too many. Mower vanishes in a brown cloud, and you
can't even see the grass under the debris, even after multiple passes.
80-100 foot mature trees generate a LOT of leaves, and they don't do it
all at once. Of course, Ma Nature took down several of my elderly trees,
along with several thousand others on this end of town, in the Memorial
Day weekend storm. So I will have a little less to rake this year. The
one big tree still laying in my yard is still green, though, even with
most of the roots seperated.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

George wrote:

On 10/29/2011 1:39 PM, Ed Pawlowskio wrote:

Just like the lyrics to the old sone, I'm looking forward tot he snow
tonight. Bought a new snowblower when Lowed had the 15% off sale. It
sits in the garage, gassed up and ready to go. Predictions are 5 to
8 inches overnight.

I'm also hoping that it is the last snow of the winter, but I doubt
that is going to happen.

4" here so far and it is heavy and sticky. So the snow blower won't be
used today.

Get yourself a little single stage for that stuff. My 18" electric
toro throws slush as far as most 2-stage blowers throw powder.

[I still use my 1980ish Franken-blower 10HP for the dry stuff-- but
mostly because it doesn't have a cord and it's wider.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-10-29, Ed Pawlowskio wrote:

Just like the lyrics to the old sone, I'm looking forward tot he snow
tonight. Bought a new snowblower when Lowed had the 15% off sale. It
sits in the garage, gassed up and ready to go. Predictions are 5 to
8 inches overnight.

A snowblower for 5-8 inches!? How big is yer driveway? Four acres?

I'm new to snowy Winters but, 8" is a piece of cake and a good
physical workout with a shovel. I shovel about every 4" while
snowing. Being a gas engine freak, I'd be tempted to a pwr blower,
but only have to worry about our deck and the yard is small rock
gravel. It'd kill a pwr blower in 60 secs.

It's been 3 yrs, but I think I finally have my Winter apparel dialed
in. Got my Sorels, Polertec, and down jacket. Maybe a wool sweater
or two to clinch it. It's snowed twice, this season, and I love it. Bring
it!

nb

--
vi ....the heart of evil!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/29/2011 6:32 PM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
wrote:

On 10/29/2011 1:39 PM, Ed Pawlowskio wrote:

Just like the lyrics to the old sone, I'm looking forward tot he snow
tonight. Bought a new snowblower when Lowed had the 15% off sale. It
sits in the garage, gassed up and ready to go. Predictions are 5 to
8 inches overnight.

I'm also hoping that it is the last snow of the winter, but I doubt
that is going to happen.

4" here so far and it is heavy and sticky. So the snow blower won't be
used today.

Get yourself a little single stage for that stuff. My 18" electric
toro throws slush as far as most 2-stage blowers throw powder.

We seldom get wet snow. Usually it is just the last storm of the season.
Today's snow is a one month early event. It is forecast to be 50 on Tuesday.

[I still use my 1980ish Franken-blower 10HP for the dry stuff-- but
mostly because it doesn't have a cord and it's wider.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

I can't remember where Ed is. He might be one of the 2.2
million without power as of Saturday night (oct 29, 2011).

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Colbyt" wrote in message
m...

"Ed Pawlowskio" wrote in message

Just like the lyrics to the old sone, I'm looking forward
tot he snow
tonight. Bought a new snowblower when Lowed had the 15%
off sale. It
sits in the garage, gassed up and ready to go.
Predictions are 5 to
8 inches overnight.

I'm also hoping that it is the last snow of the winter,
but I doubt
that is going to happen.

I am so happy for you.

I want you to get the maximum benefit from your new toy so
you can have my
snow for this winter.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ah, that's my less than honorable competition. Mine is first
rate, pure white.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Charlie" wrote in message
I had it on questionable authority that it was sprinkled
wit yellow snow.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 29, 10:39*am, Ed Pawlowskio wrote:
Just like the lyrics to the old sone, I'm looking forward tot he snow
tonight. *Bought a new snowblower when Lowed had the 15% off sale. It
sits in the garage, gassed up and ready to go. * Predictions are 5 to
8 inches overnight.

I'm also hoping that it is the last snow of the winter, but I doubt
that is going to happen.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...99/Snowman.jpg

This ad didn't get any takers.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 22:19:23 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I can't remember where Ed is. He might be one of the 2.2
million without power as of Saturday night (oct 29, 2011).

Got power back about 9:30 PM. Problem is, we are in the area of
little snow. Barely a half inch so far, so new toy will sit a while
longer it seems. Most melted on contact.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 29 Oct 2011 22:59:48 GMT, notbob wrote:

I'm new to snowy Winters but, 8" is a piece of cake and a good
physical workout with a shovel. I shovel about every 4" while
snowing. Being a gas engine freak, I'd be tempted to a pwr blower,
but only have to worry about our deck and the yard is small rock
gravel. It'd kill a pwr blower in 60 secs.

It's been 3 yrs, but I think I finally have my Winter apparel dialed
in. Got my Sorels, Polertec, and down jacket. Maybe a wool sweater
or two to clinch it. It's snowed twice, this season, and I love it. Bring
it!

nb

I shoveled for 60+ years and prefer to have a machine do the tough
stuff now. Bought this with my first Social Security check.

The really tough part is the end of the driveway where the town plow
compresses and piles the snow.

I also have a remote starter for my car so I don't have to freeze my
ass off for long on cold mornings.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Life can be like that. The man with the snow blower gets
warm melt trace, and people who are using teaspoons to
shovel the driveway get 14 inches.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:

I can't remember where Ed is. He might be one of the 2.2
million without power as of Saturday night (oct 29, 2011).

Got power back about 9:30 PM. Problem is, we are in the
area of
little snow. Barely a half inch so far, so new toy will sit
a while
longer it seems. Most melted on contact.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 29, 9:35*pm, Ed Pawlowskio wrote:
[...]

Ah yes, that plow berm! I live right on a major highway in Eastern
Washington. The state is kind enough to donate 20 ft of highway snow
into my drive. That stuff just does not blow off easily, packs when
the plow roostertail lands and is commonly wet from the deicer.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 29, 9:19*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Ah, that's my less than honorable competition. Mine is first
rate, pure white.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Why does you snow have to be pure white? Are some kinda racist or
something.

-C-

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-10-30, Ed Pawlowskio wrote:

I also have a remote starter for my car so I don't have to freeze my
ass off for long on cold mornings.

Beats the crap outta my obviously older Toyota where there's an
interlock on the manual transmission's clutch requiring me to push in
clutch to start. Obviously a case of asshole control freaks
professing to be concerned with my safety versus newer techno freaks
claiming to having my convenience in mind. IOW, the company vs the
govt, neither taking my own desires into consideration.

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm Snow White and the Seven White Wives. Everyone knows,
colored snow is far less valuable. Right, sneezy, dopey,
doc, happy, smiley, and Mickey?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Country" wrote in message

Why does you snow have to be pure white? Are some kinda
racist or
something.

-C-

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 19:15:14 -0300, "don &/or Lucille"
wrote:

I dont rake,figure if its good enough lying arround in the fertile woods
it's good enough to ly arround on my lawn

Yes and no. The leaves are good, but if you just let them lay there,
it can kill the grass, foster the growth of mold and keep new grass
from coming up. Put a mulching blade on the mower and chop them up
fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 13:39:03 -0400, Ed Pawlowskio wrote:

Just like the lyrics to the old sone, I'm looking forward tot he snow
tonight. Bought a new snowblower when Lowed had the 15% off sale. It
sits in the garage, gassed up and ready to go. Predictions are 5 to
8 inches overnight.

I'm also hoping that it is the last snow of the winter, but I doubt
that is going to happen.

I bought the big beastmaster snow blower (30 inches) from Lowe's for the
15% off sale, plus a 10% coupon, and $300 cash back from my Discover card.
It had a little trouble with the wet snow, but at least I didn't have to
shovel it.

--
But do not program in COBOL if you can avoid it.
-- "The Tao of Programming"

10/30/2011 11:24:35 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

I try to refrain from posting four letter words on the internet, but
in your case.....

SHUT THE **** UP!

* WE DONT WANT NO ****IN SNOW *

This bit of snow Dave UK diy 132 December 6th 10 12:46 PM
This bit of snow Roberts UK diy 1 December 2nd 10 12:51 AM
Snow-shovel; snow sticks to it: how to make slippery? David Combs Home Repair 27 January 4th 10 08:05 AM
snow, and the sound of snow dougreed Electronics Repair 4 August 9th 06 02:42 AM
WAY OT - HOW TO MAKE SNOW AND BUILD A HOMEMADE SNOW GUN J T Woodworking 0 August 6th 04 06:41 AM