Posted to alt.home.repair

Default insolate my attic using spray foam

Hi

http://www.sprayfoamdirect.com/ Is this good idea to do the insolation
for a small attic? mine is like 3f x 7f attic. if yes, do you know
home depo selling it or not, I live in Canada. I have not see such
thing in home depo. I thought it is good idea and easy to do that is
why.

Thanks a lot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

leza wang wrote:
Hi

http://www.sprayfoamdirect.com/ Is this good idea to do the insolation
for a small attic? mine is like 3f x 7f attic. if yes, do you know
home depo selling it or not, I live in Canada. I have not see such
thing in home depo. I thought it is good idea and easy to do that is
why.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,
I don't think cover ing everything with foam is a good idea. I wouldn't
bury the electrical fixture boxes in foam.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"leza wang" wrote in message
Hi

http://www.sprayfoamdirect.com/ Is this good idea to do the insolation
for a small attic? mine is like 3f x 7f attic. if yes, do you know
home depo selling it or not, I live in Canada. I have not see such
thing in home depo. I thought it is good idea and easy to do that is
why.

Thanks a lot.

Spray foam is a very good insulation, but I'm not sure it is best for the
attic. Do you have wires running up there and ceiling fixture boxes
protruding?? You don't want to bury everything in foam. It he answer is
no, then it will be OK. If yes, I'd use fiberglass.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"leza wang" wrote in message
Hi

http://www.sprayfoamdirect.com/ Is this good idea to do the insolation
for a small attic? mine is like 3f x 7f attic. if yes, do you know
home depo selling it or not, I live in Canada. I have not see such
thing in home depo. I thought it is good idea and easy to do that is
why.

Thanks a lot.

Spray foam is a very good insulation, but I'm not sure it is best for
the attic. Do you have wires running up there and ceiling fixture boxes
protruding?? You don't want to bury everything in foam. It he answer
is no, then it will be OK. If yes, I'd use fiberglass.

A Vapor Retarder – Our closed cell insulation does not absorb moisture,
unlike open cell spray insulation, cellulose, or fiberglass.

I'd worry about trapping moisture and enabling mold, rot, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

mike wrote:

http://www.sprayfoamdirect.com/ Is this good idea to do the
insolation for a small attic? mine is like 3f x 7f attic.

Insolation? Or insulation?

Insolation is about blocking heat (or absorbing heat?) from sunlight -
yes?

if yes, do you know home depo selling it or not, I live in
Canada. I have not see such thing in home depo.

The product you are talking about is ridiculously expensive. That's why
home despot doesn't carry it.

A small attic should be no problem to insulate properly using
conventional fiberglass batting.

=========
A Vapor Retarder – Our closed cell insulation does not absorb
moisture, unlike open cell spray insulation, cellulose, or
fiberglass.

========

Is that different than the type of spray foam used by commercial
contractors?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 5, 9:18*am, Home Guy wrote:
mike wrote:
http://www.sprayfoamdirect.com/Is this good idea to do the
insolation for a small attic? mine is like 3f x 7f attic.

Insolation? *Or insulation?

Insolation is about blocking heat (or absorbing heat?) from sunlight -
yes?

if yes, do you know home depo selling it or not, I live in
Canada. I have not see such thing in home depo.

The product you are talking about is ridiculously expensive. *That's why
home despot doesn't carry it.

A small attic should be no problem to insulate properly using
conventional fiberglass batting.

Or if getting into all the areas is an issue, could use one of
the loose fill insulations that are designed to be blown in.
In a tiny attic like this, it could probably be done by hand.
Another important question, what, if anything, is there now?

In any case, expanding foam does not seem well suited
to this app for the reasons already given.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

leza wang wrote:
Hi

http://www.sprayfoamdirect.com/ Is this good idea to do the insolation
for a small attic? mine is like 3f x 7f attic. if yes, do you know
home depo selling it or not, I live in Canada. I have not see such
thing in home depo. I thought it is good idea and easy to do that is
why.

Thanks a lot.

I went to the website and watched all of the videos etc. I thought it
looked very interesting and I didn't know that these types of do-it-yourself
spray insulation kits existed.

One thing I would be curious about is how the cost of having a spray-on
insulation contractor do the work would compare to buying the Foam-It kits
and doing it yourself -- especially for a larger job.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

leza wang wrote:
Hi

http://www.sprayfoamdirect.com/ Is this good idea to do the insolation
for a small attic? mine is like 3f x 7f attic. if yes, do you know
home depo selling it or not, I live in Canada. I have not see such
thing in home depo. I thought it is good idea and easy to do that is
why.

Someone else here posted a good question. What is there now? Is there
already any insulation in the attic? If so, where is it -- between the
rafters or on the floor?

Is there a wood floor in your attic, or is the floor basically just open
ceiling joists from the ceiling below? If it is open joists on the attic
floor, you can easily and inexpensively just insulate the floor without
dealing with any spray foam insulation.

Posted to alt.home.repair
LdB LdB is offline

On 10/4/2011 9:47 PM, leza wang wrote:
Hi

http://www.sprayfoamdirect.com/ Is this good idea to do the insolation
for a small attic? mine is like 3f x 7f attic. if yes, do you know
home depo selling it or not, I live in Canada. I have not see such
thing in home depo. I thought it is good idea and easy to do that is
why.

Thanks a lot.

I'm in Western Canada. We have learned the value of insulation the
hard way. Spray foam in the attic is a bad idea. There are a lot of
insulation contractors that will blow cellulose into your attic at a
reasonable price. Many lumberyards have a machine to blow in the
cellulose if you buy the insulation from them. My neighbor and I did
our attics that way.

LdB

Spray Foam insulation in the attic BARG Home Repair 18 November 11th 10 02:59 AM
Spray foam cubby Home Repair 1 May 8th 10 07:45 PM
OT - Spray foam insulation for attic side wood home roof Scott[_12_] Woodworking 1 December 19th 08 01:21 AM
Spray foam insulation in Vented Attic? [email protected] Home Repair 35 July 2nd 07 10:42 PM
Spray on foam Bob Smith \(UK\) UK diy 19 October 16th 04 12:01 AM